What's new

Things that need fixing in MKAK - Use this thread ONLY

kona

Noob
I'm really disappointed that this kollection turned out to be buggy. I wouldn't have cared so much if the netcode was at least tolerable but this may even cause me not to buy the game at all. I had high hopes for this too. Such a disappointment.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
LOL at tim, i know but what im saying is based on thier track record its just kinda bleh

when they update it, illl be ready

Tim Static

Adminerator
I had pre-ordered 2 of the PDP Klassic sticks for this, but now, im not sure if i want both of them.

they are so awesome looking tho, but i am an AIAB guy, through and through.

should shang be able (in mk 1 btw) to cancel his fireballs? he literly had hes hads out. The screams sounds came out.I jumped cause i saw this coming but he didnt even shot the fireballs (or skulls) he changed to Liu Kang and JK me.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Every1 pretty much covered everything. the thing i did notice is that it looked like umk3 had the stage bug where it wont cycle threw all the levels and just get stuck not sure if any1 else has noticed it?

Here are the problems that i found. I've also quoted some of the posts in this thread instead of writing out the same thing again, so if you see something that you wrote, i'm am only repeating it, not claiming it as mine.

Problems

- The netcode of this game is really bad online. it plays at half the speed that it plays offline.

- It doesn't say the name of the other persons gamertag when i fight them online. For example, if i was playing as Scorpion on MK3 and someone called "FishMan2011" was playing as Sub-Zero, it would just say "Sub-Zero" in their healthbar, not "FishMan2011")

- There isn't a specator mode or a replay system or YouTuobe uploading support. If i had a really good match i wont be able to relive it since it will be gone.

- Lobbies can only hold 2 people. Me and my three friends bought this game together and i wasn't able to play with all three of them, plus because there isn't a specator mode they got bored and started playing something else because they didn't want to wait.

- You can't adjust the screen ratio. In the stand alone version of UMK3 on XBLA, you could stretch your screen to however you wanted. You can't in the MKAK, which for me makes it full screen and cuts some stuff off on the edges.

- The menu font online is very hard to read. It's really small and white which blends in with the background. I'm surprised people can navigate through it on anything but a big HD tv.

-If you pull up the moves list to look up a fatality, etc...when you unpause your character is unable to move for 2-3 seconds.

- Some of screams are cut short on UMK3

- Scorpion's "Get Over Here!" gets cut to just "Get..."

- There isn't enough time to enter a fatality, compared to the original versions i played, the time to input a fatality has been greatly reduced. The time is almost non-existent.

- The move list text is too small. It is really difficult to read.

With a bad netcode it really kills the replay value of the game. I really love the Mortal Kombat series but i am so disappointed because i have been waiting for this game for weeks and since i have now bought it i do feel ripped off. Its like this (rushed) collection was made it to cash in on our nostalgia.

I really hope this gets patched or show to the MK/NRS staff asap.

P.S: could someone ask STORMS to deliver the message to NRS. CHECK4900 told me to do so.

-

OneManX

Noob
Im gonna wait a week, before I chew through online, because every fighting game I have played has had bad online in the first few days.. Because since I have someone to play with offline, I dont notice any of the online bugs. Third Strike's online was HORRIBLE when it first dropped and that was with GGPO, which Im still shaky on, because rewinding the game back (even to the point of having wins taken away from you) just doesn't sit too well with me. NRS was pretty quick with the MK9 patches, so maybe they will be quick with MKAK patches, but if you haven't bought them yet, dont and just wait and see if it improves.

theres this neat glitch with raiden in mk 1 that happened online, every now and then if you do superman when you get up from a knock down raidens color pallete changes blue

blinky

Noob
Ugh. Well, good thing I wasn't intending to go hard in the online mode anyway. Also, why is it that you can pause before starting a round, but the moves list can only be brought up between the start and the end of rounds and not before the round starts?

shano

Noob
I cant believe how much they failed on this port all this stuff in this thread needs to be patched by NRS asap.

And guys don't buy this rubbish port in till they fix all these problems if everyone buys it then they can keep getting away with putting rubbish ports out like this one.

It sucks for all the people who wanted to relieve the old "arcade perfect" MK games with "good online" and instead we get the complete opposite along with a crap load of bugs.

Has anyone heard if they are even gonna fix these issues in this game?They had to of heard the complaints from the last 2 days.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I know times are tough but it needs to be said LOUDLY by those who are heard, not me.

The Son of a bitch that is currently responsible for ALL NETCODE programming and quality control needs to fired NOW. This is not being a dick, asshole, or unreasonable but im sorry....f you cant do your job then for god sakes hire someone who can. This is unacceptable when other game companies can get it right and you continuously CANNOT.

Fire this bastard right now because he's not doing his job.

#realtalk

Tim Static

Adminerator
I know times are tough but it needs to be said LOUDLY by those who are heard, not me.

The Son of a bitch that is currently responsible for ALL NETCODE programming and quality control needs to fired NOW. This is not being a dick, asshole, or unreasonable but im sorry....f you cant do your job then for god sakes hire someone who can. This is unacceptable when other game companies can get it right and you continuously CANNOT.

Fire this bastard right now because he's not doing his job.

#realtalk
lmao dont think its a one person thing, but they need to get in touch with GGPO, pay them money to emulate and get these games the credit and love they so deserve all these years later. And give them killer netplay via consoles & pc's, with cross platform p2p connections.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lmao dont think its a one person thing, but they need to get in touch with GGPO, pay them money to emulate and get these games the credit and love they so deserve all these years later. And give them killer netplay via co
nsoles & pc's, with cross platform p2p connections.
yea i mean to refer to the whole online programming team. There's just no excuse anymore

:(

its true, i should of waited but because i am a mortal kombat fan i went and bought it straight away. When i first bought MK9 the online was fine, then after a while it just got really bad, and then all that "desync" thing started happening (i play on Xbox360) and i just stopped playing online because it was ridiculous.

Seriously? I was going to buy Third Strike, however i already own the game, but i have the offline version on Xbox

I hope they are quick with the patches, its put me off from playing the game, I've gone back to playing a Indie game that i bought recently.

Posting my experience, dunno if redundant (PSN ver):

--Main Menu crashes if you cycle through the games too fast or switch to another game.
--Unpause causes input lock, very annoying when looking up Fatalities.
--Movelist is disabled until the word FIGHT!
--Goro's Lair music nonexistent (MK1).
--Scorpion's Voice cuts out (UMK3).
--Throw hitboxes need fixing in MK2/UMK3 to prevent sweep-into-throws, sweep-throws, or uppercut-throws.
--A.I. reads inputs, forcing you to spam roundhouse or jump kicks (or jump attack guessing games) or bait projectile teleport loops.
--Kodes are disabled in Online matches.
--Font is terrible even on 640x480.
--Net Lag is bad even for an Arcade game.
--They force you to look up Kombat Kodes to unlock Mileena/Ermac/Classic Sub Zero, when they should be selectable from the beginning (I prefer MK Trilogy anyways, despite its slower music on PSone).

I called Sony and got a refund to my PSN Wallet.