What's new

Things I like to see for Kombat League (S2)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yea but i dont like counter picking (which is definitely on me) :)

Its also more that i am annoyed by it happening. Panic button Scorpion örghs. The second you see "select fighter" you know Firechainbunny is coming. I had only one exception so far in KL and that guy switched to Kotal. I was so surprised i almost fell out of my chair :D
It does seem like it's everyone's panic counter pick, I find it funny and as a Cassie player, it's an easy win so it's no skin off my back.

Wigy

There it is...
PENALIZE PLAYERS WHO PULL THE PLUG

I just worked so hard to beat a Geras with Shao Kahn on a rank up match and the fucking piece of shit pulled the plug on my as my absurdly long Fatal Blow was connecting. Not only is he not penalized, but I don't even get a fucking win, let alone my rank up.

I'm so angry right now.
Stuff like this and all the derpy hitboxes you'd think would have been delt with being their 5th major game. So stupid.

This kind of stuff has been delt with by developers for about 5 years if not longer easily.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Connection filter is a must, like SFV. Let us choose between Any, 3 bars only, 4 bars only, 5 bars only.

Training mode while searching (again like SFV), would be great.

I also agree with the account level minimum, but maybe make it 20 or 25.

Any form of disconnect whether intentional or not should result in a loss for that person and a win for the person who did not disconnect.

You should be matched with people around you rank only until you move up or down. I would make three "pools" so to speak. Apprentice, Kombatant and Warriors can be matched with each other. Champion, Master and Grandmatsers would be matched with each other, and finally Demi-God, God and Elder Gods would be matched together. The only reason I split it into groups of three is because it is possible your search time could increase a lot if you could only fight people of the same exact rank as you, especially the higher up you go.

Unpopular opinion but like in KI and SFV I think we shouldn't see each other's characters until they are both picked and locked in for the first match. If you want to change after the first match that's fine but online I like when both people come in blind rather than sitting there waiting for me to pick all day so they can try to counter it.

Afumba

Noob
Unpopular opinion but like in KI and SFV I think we shouldn't see each other's characters until they are both picked and locked in for the first match. If you want to change after the first match that's fine but online I like when both people come in blind rather than sitting there waiting for me to pick all day so they can try to counter it.
I like this

Wigy

There it is...
Not seeing each other's characters sounds good but discourages the use of characters with various tough matchups. Like I'd rather be fisted by geras than play the frost scorpion or frost geras matchup

Afumba

Noob
Not seeing each other's characters sounds good but discourages the use of characters with various tough matchups. Like I'd rather be fisted by geras than play the frost scorpion or frost geras matchup
How so? If you play someone like idk Frost you expect to run into tough MUs more often than someone like Sonya anyway. In this case as a Frost player you probably know this and have accepted it. Otherwise you are deep down discouraged anyway.

Only thing that changes is counterpick in first match. It does suck if it happens to be a tough MU but its still the fairest option.

Bad MUs are a balance thing and shouldnt be considered while making this decision.

Wigy

There it is...
How so? If you play someone like idk Frost you expect to run into tough MUs more often than someone like Sonya anyway. In this case as a Frost player you probably know this and have accepted it. Otherwise you are deep down discouraged anyway.

Only thing that changes is counterpick in first match. It does suck if it happens to be a tough MU but its still the fairest option.

Bad MUs are a balance thing and shouldnt be considered while making this decision.
Well I totally get your side on it.

Maybe just a symptom of the games current balance issues. If I can't avoid Frost's horrendous matchups I'm just not guna bother using her in a ft2..

If you're so set on it can always just go hidden.

Wigy

There it is...
I play cage frost and kollector so you can gather why I'd Wana see what people pick lol

Turbo bias here I'll admit.

But if you play Sonya erron geras etc I should get a fucking 5 minute warning cause fuck you.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
  • Character Lockout
    You know how in the TOT there's CHARACTER specific towers where the roster is locked and your only suppose to pick that 1 character. With this mechanic ALREADY in the game I feel it would be an amazing benefit to those who don't want to fight Scorpions and Geras. For example in the search settings I would list Scorpion in the ban list and if another player has the same setting we can be matched up.
You gotta chill lol

I would like to have character lock. Tired of having people switch to Scorpion 24/7.

Also a separate ranking for FT3.
Okay, so today i started a set like sub-zero v. shang tsung,shang beat me and i stayd sub zero, i beat him, so he switched to scorpion and plowed me. way she goes sometimes. Two thirds of the complaints about NRS online play sound to me like stockpiling excuses for losses, but the character filter? scorpion is in the game. he has an obnoxious move. hes not the first dude in a competitive game to be obnoxious. Maybe cry a little bit, but the call for a new online feature because you cant learn to tech one move is a bit... welll....

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
PENALIZE PLAYERS WHO PULL THE PLUG

I just worked so hard to beat a Geras with Shao Kahn on a rank up match and the fucking piece of shit pulled the plug on me as my absurdly long Fatal Blow was connecting. Not only is he not penalized, but I don't even get a fucking win, let alone my rank up.

I'm so angry right now.
Every time someone disconnects on me I get a win -- you sure it's not your connection?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Every time someone disconnects on me I get a win -- you sure it's not your connection?
It's don't think it's my connection. I think it also depends on when they disconnect. He pulled the plug during the Fatal Blow animation that would have killed him. Technically, because of Mercy, the game doesn't award you the win until you hit them again after Finish Him.

After he pulled, I didn't get the win, the points or the rank up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Really the only thing it needs is to allow you to decline people at 100ms or higher. Why do I have to wait until 150ms to decline someone?

I don't care about wifi, sometimes people on wifi have fine connections.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
The pulling the plug thing is abhorrent. I'm pretty mediocre at this game and I've had 2 players I was punking disconnect on me right before the FINISH HIM and never got awarded the win. Wanted those damn wins lol, bc 1 was a scorpion.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
The pulling the plug thing is abhorrent. I'm pretty mediocre at this game and I've had 2 players I was punking disconnect on me right before the FINISH HIM and never got awarded the win. Wanted those damn wins lol, bc 1 was a scorpion.
yep, simple ultra ridiculous this, and very sad, seeing people online that have to rely to this, in order to protect their fake record ..... poor losers .... :D

thank god we have the offline tourney scene as ComboBreaker,CEO, Evo, etc to show who are the true best MK11 players in the world, and not this anonymous low level small time scum from internet that fuck off online matches with dirty cowards tactics, hehe :mad:

Last edited:

Kargion

Noob
yep, simple ultra ridiculous this, and very sad, seeing people online that have to rely to this, in order to protect their fake record ..... poor losers .... :D

thank good we have the offline tourney scene as ComboBreaker,CEO, Evo, etc to show who are the true best MK11 players in the world, and not this anonymous low level small time scum from internet that fuck off online matches with dirty cowards tactics, hehe :mad:
"thank good we have the offline tourney scene as ComboBreaker,CEO, Evo, etc to show who are the true best MK11 players in the world".....these are just the best mk11 players that play online/local and travel to tournaments. There are some real online monsters out there in all games that just don't travel, or have the money too. So all I am saying is don't count out the online warriors.

I do agree that pulling the plug to save rank is stupid. If you do this and sugar coat your rank, your going to end up at a level you can't even play in.

Connection filter or this game is gonna die fast. Its still fresh and new RN but if some big time changes don't hit after EVO then this game is in hot water imo. Nobody trying to get serious matches wants a ft2 against a fucking sonya with 137 ping wifi that turns into a powerpoint when you load in.

-Wired/WiFi filter.

-Back to ft3. Idk why it was changed to ft2 anyways, the amount of scrubs that got reverse 3-0d after people figured out their cheese was hilarious.

-Losing points needs to start WAY earlier. As it stands any dummy with a controller can get to champion even if they lose literally every game because you get points for that. Then when you get into champion you're just playing against scrubs who lost their way up the ladder, and all you have to do is win once in a while to climb. THEN FINALLY actual ranked mode starts at Master and that just feels like shit. Getting half way up the ladder and still fighting people that dont
understand frame data is a fat meme.

-This disconnect shit is also a fat meme. Wtf even is this? Fix it.

-Practice mode/Kustomize/Etc., while searching.

Not even going to address the notion of a character filter. Just lol.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Connection filter or this game is gonna die fast. Its still fresh and new RN but if some big time changes don't hit after EVO then this game is in hot water imo. Nobody trying to get serious matches wants a ft2 against a fucking sonya with 137 ping wifi that turns into a powerpoint when you load in.

-Wired/WiFi filter.

-Back to ft3. Idk why it was changed to ft2 anyways, the amount of scrubs that got reverse 3-0d after people figured out their cheese was hilarious.

-Losing points needs to start WAY earlier. As it stands any dummy with a controller can get to champion even if they lose literally every game because you get points for that. Then when you get into champion you're just playing against scrubs who lost their way up the ladder, and all you have to do is win once in a while to climb. THEN FINALLY actual ranked mode starts at Master and that just feels like shit. Getting half way up the ladder and still fighting people that dont
understand frame data is a fat meme.

-This disconnect shit is also a fat meme. Wtf even is this? Fix it.

-Practice mode/Kustomize/Etc., while searching.

Not even going to address the notion of a character filter. Just lol.
Regarding your points:
  • Not necessarily true. Some games have it like DoA where connection filter is a thing but when you really start sub-region searching the game dies even faster. This is because obviously people from the US has a bigger market, but this would absolutely kill people out of the US as their country playerbase is more spread out. The game is already more unpopular out of the US as it is. And having too strict of a search means waiting times can be very long and trust me everyone says "lol i'll just wait or just add practice lul" but that's not the point. There's also no guarantee Wired or Wireless that connection will be stable. The Netcode has been hella shady and there's no guarantee that player lives w/ a family and those kids start watching shark doo-doo at 1080p and just crap on the connection.
  • No. People will cherry pick what's more convenient for them. If the WiFi playerbase is generally more casual (because more dedicated gamers are wired in.) a good player can intentionally go on WiFi to get matched up w/ weaker WiFi players which is not the goal the KL is trying to achieve.
  • It's supposed to replicate tournament play where 90% of the games are FT2. Learn the MUs in the lab or running kasual sets.
  • At first I thought that was a good idea too, but now that I've hit Demi God I noticed that a lot of players are actually trailing behind and that's only w/ the GM penalty. Once you hit demi god there simply isn't enough dedicated players (or good enough realistically) meaning that you almost always get paired up with GMs or even Masters and risk losing 90+ points. Yes, more and more players will reach the higher ranks as the season goes on but the reality is a lot of people will be gatekept and we need to keep newcomers and learners enticed. If they're going to get literally stuck in Apprentice there's no motivation to even keep trying online, which is what they're trying to do by incentivising your end of season rank.
  • Wasn't there an injustice player who RQ'd every game? i forget.
  • Not viable in hot regions. You get games in seconds even at higher ranks.
@OP: Not gonna tl;dr more than I already did but that Character filter part is just dumb. Learn the MU.

I think this game needs to focus more on making the MM better. Idk why even as GM I was getting insta-matched with people barely scraping by 149ms and it being a Champion rank meaning I risk losing 100pts and they have the chance to hit the lotto and win 100 pts. Yes I get not everyone has a lot of time to play, but I'd like the system to prioritize a more organic rank approach by trying to link w/ your rank first and if not available slowly find the next rank lower etc. This instantly matching 2-3 ranks lower is just plain dumb that we have to play for peanuts while they can simply pull the plug and make me lose 100pts anyways.

SinkFla

Noob
I've had so many rage quitters and Wifi (HOLY FUCK IT'S NOW 600MS PING) players that I have had a hard time even enjoying KL. The worst is beating a high ranked player only for them to bow out right before the end and I get nothing from the match nor are they penalized.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
  • Character Lockout
    You know how in the TOT there's CHARACTER specific towers where the roster is locked and your only suppose to pick that 1 character. With this mechanic ALREADY in the game I feel it would be an amazing benefit to those who don't want to fight Scorpions and Geras. For example in the search settings I would list Scorpion in the ban list and if another player has the same setting we can be matched up.
I'll be fine with this, yesterday I ran into about four Scorpion's and three Noob's in a row. It's not bad because if you block teleport a handful of players don't know what to do next and gives you a free combo but it's draining fighting the same characters over and over again, I haven't once faced another Shang Tsung, Baraka, Cetrion, Johnny, or the vast majority of characters. A filter for characters would help give variety to match-ups.