What's new

Things I like to see for Kombat League (S2)

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
  • Connection search
    -I know there's lot of people who hate wifi players and are requesting NRS to add a search of WiredOR Wifi and this would be VERY discouraging so instead add a search feature like "5 bars" or something. OR "Connection status"
  • Region search
  • Training/practice while searching for a match
  • Character Lockout
    You know how in the TOT there's CHARACTER specific towers where the roster is locked and your only suppose to pick that 1 character. With this mechanic ALREADY in the game I feel it would be an amazing benefit to those who don't want to fight Scorpions and Geras. For example in the search settings I would list Scorpion in the ban list and if another player has the same setting we can be matched up.
  • Accounts under level 30 can not enter KL.
    I am so tired of getting my ass kicked by NinjaKilla's 500000th troll/hidey account lol
  • Let me fight the people in my tier.
    If I'm in MASTER please let me fight MASTER players. Thank you.
Anyone else care to add on what they feel about Kombat League go ahead but these are just the bases of what I want.

Just skins really. The cosmetics brought me to Kombat League in the first place where I'd have just stuck around in Kasual

If recolors are a thing I'm down for some fun stuff like a Black Widow skin for D'vorah or Jax's Kronika arms to be completely shaded to his skin so they look like real arms that type of stuff

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
NRS needs to do 2 things to fix Kombat League:

1. Fix/Acknowledge the problem of it showing a ping number then jumping to another as soon as the game starts. That way we ALWAYS know what ping were gonna deal with

2. ALWAYS give us the option to decline anyone over 100 ping.

If those 2 changes happened I guarantee 90% of the issues would be gone, wifi or not. People say they want a WiFi filter but if they had it would only be able to play 20% of the people online and never get hames/rank up. So we should be able to filter by ping and always have an accurate number to filter from. If that was fixed KL would be amazing

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Connection search
-I know there's lot of people who hate wifi players and are requesting NRS to add a search of WiredOR Wifi and this would be VERY discouraging so instead add a search feature like "5 bars" or something. OR "Connection status"
Why would the option to filter out WiFi players be discouraging? I think its necessary. Rollback don't work on WiFi connections.

People say they want a WiFi filter but if they had it would only be able to play 20% of the people online
Why does it matter if we can only play 20%? Most players are on WiFi and its inexcusable! WiFi is unstable because it fluctuates making the game force to recreate what its rolling back constantly, translating into delay. It literally cost less than $5 to get the cord to make it stable.
Even if mist are on WiFi then why would they care that the minority wants to be selective? They can play with the majority on WiFi and have constant lag for all I care, just not with Wired people like me.

Things I want for Kombat League:

• Option to choose between FT2, FT3 & FT5 sets.
  • Option to Filter out WiFi players.
  • Training while waiting for match.
  • Filter based on Ping (50ms/100ms/150ms)

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Pls for the love of god let us decline anyone over 100ms ping. I am tired of fighting laggy as fuckers who play this game on a potato router like it's not even fun trying to play a game on garbage connection

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Almost criminal it doesn't have the ability to put wired only, or decline under 100 ping. Seeing "143 ping wifi, you must accept" makes me legit just forfeit. Rather do that than play through an unenjoyable match. Should have been Day 1 stuff.

• For example in the search settings I would list Scorpion in the ban list and if another player has the same setting we can be matched up.
Then there won't be anyone left to face.

Wigy

There it is...
Am I tripping or do disconnects kill your streak?

I won like 15 games in a row but a bunch dashboard and my streaks not gone over 5 before resetting

If you leave a game or disconnect, you get incrementally larger banns from ranked.

Either your connections too shit for you to be in ranked or you are rage quitting. Either should be discouraged.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Am I tripping or do disconnects kill your streak?

I won like 15 games in a row but a bunch dashboard and my streaks not gone over 5 before resetting

If you leave a game or disconnect, you get incrementally larger banns from ranked.

Either your connections too shit for you to be in ranked or you are rage quitting. Either should be discouraged.

Your not tripping. I was on a 5 game win streak dude quit out on me. So back in the main menu I see 0 win streak but in my next match I look at the top corner and it says W6 (you know where you can see the match stats)

Afumba

Noob
Why would the option to filter out WiFi players be discouraging? I think its necessary. Rollback don't work on WiFi connections.

Why does it matter if we can only play 20%? Most players are on WiFi and its inexcusable! WiFi is unstable because it fluctuates making the game force to recreate what its rolling back constantly, translating into delay. It literally cost less than $5 to get the cord to make it stable.
Even if mist are on WiFi then why would they care that the minority wants to be selective? They can play with the majority on WiFi and have constant lag for all I care, just not with Wired people like me.

Things I want for Kombat League:

• Option to choose between FT2, FT3 & FT5 sets.
  • Option to Filter out WiFi players.
  • Training while waiting for match.
  • Filter based on Ping (50ms/100ms/150ms)
Well it matter cuz while you play 20% of the people they play 80% which will raise other issues that wired people will be upset/complain about. Longer waiting times, wifi ppl potentially climbing faster, having wifi people in the higher ranks but never/barely beaten any competitive player, people cheating (winning gets to though? Lets go wifi and play against wifi ppls, cherry picking by wired peoples) etcetc. It would also feel as if you would have two rankings thrown into one.

I also doubt they will allow just some people to be selective, so if they ever do this they will have either a general decline option (which is bad in a ranking mode), matchmaking only allows wifi=wifi/wired=wired (this is even worse, might as well have two KLs which would also look bad) or a filter option by ping (but no way they make this below 100ms; more like 100/150/200/off).

And just to be clear...i am not saying that this is how i like or its the best way etcetc. But NRS would definitely prefer 1mil wifi players over 10k wired competitors when it comes to online modes so i dont see them ever baning/restricting wifi, at least not beyond a mild ping restriction.

Afumba

Noob
Nah, I want to be able to counter-pick Scorpion as well when it's 1-1 and he counter-picker Scorpion, it's only fair.
Yea but i dont like counter picking (which is definitely on me) :)

Its also more that i am annoyed by it happening. Panic button Scorpion örghs. The second you see "select fighter" you know Firechainbunny is coming. I had only one exception so far in KL and that guy switched to Kotal. I was so surprised i almost fell out of my chair :D

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
PENALIZE PLAYERS WHO PULL THE PLUG

I just worked so hard to beat a Geras with Shao Kahn on a rank up match and the fucking piece of shit pulled the plug on me as my absurdly long Fatal Blow was connecting. Not only is he not penalized, but I don't even get a fucking win, let alone my rank up.

I'm so angry right now.

Last edited: