What's new

They need a unlock all DLC option

Wow, so no regional price adjustment at all?! Man.... you guys get screwed x.x
In Russia psn prices are (or at leased used to be) a direct conversion from british pounds, usually meaning the game cost more than in the US.
There isn't a regional price adjustment for any technology in russia. Only steam does that to my knowledge.
Trust me, it's not really easy to buy console games on release with my salary. My friend used to get 15k a month and I imagine he wouldn't spend a third of it on a videogame.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
In Russia psn prices are (or at leased used to be) a direct conversion from british pounds, usually meaning the game cost more than in the US.
There isn't a regional price adjustment for any technology in russia. Only steam does that to my knowledge.
Trust me, it's not really easy to buy console games on release with my salary. My friend used to get 15k a month and I imagine he wouldn't spend a third of it on a videogame.
Just so I can make a fair equivalent comparison of living costs... how much is say... a bottle of milk or a loaf of bread in Russia?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Are you frigging serious?... $300 for DISK LOCKED CONTENT?

And people wonder why the fuck scum corporations keep making "DLC"...

In light of the $300 guy, I don't think my faith in humanity can drop any lower.

Are people LEGITIMATELY that stupid?! Its not even about "R U POAR?! 2 POAR TO AFFORD A BAG OF SHIT?! I CAN AFFORD IT COZ I HAZ A JERB AT McDERPNALDS!"... its the notion of nevermind CONDONING, but even SUPPORTING disk locked scam content...
Man, you are awfully upset about in-game unlockable content. Calm down.

You know you don’t have to pay for anything, right? These are all in-game unlockables.

I understand you want everything right now, and free, and with no effort, but that’s just not how life works.

Just so I can make a fair equivalent comparison of living costs... how much is say... a bottle of milk or a loaf of bread in Russia?
Damn man, really putting me on the spot.
Milk is around 80 roubles for 950ml. Bread varies on where you get it, but I usually get the 40-50 rouble one.

DDustiNN

Kombat pack 1 aka Cut Content Pack 1
You really don’t understand how any of this works, do you? And that they’re still working on the DLC right now. Do you want them to just delay the game indefinitely while they work on new characters for... well... forever?

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
40 rubles for a loaf
50-60 rubles for milk
You a spy or something? XD
LOL nah, just curious as to how living costs are vs software/tech prices. I never knew it was so bad!

Now I totally understand why you guys in Russia generally pirate software. If you have to pay half your frigging salary... yeah screw that I'd be pirating all day erry day too.

You really don’t understand how any of this works, do you? And that they’re still working on the DLC right now. Do you want them to just delay the game indefinitely while they work on new characters for... well... forever?
There was a time when shipping unfinished games wasn't forgiven.

Also, how do you defend a completed Sektor/Cyrax being in game, and not playable?

Frost is an unlockable. There is nothing wrong with that.
Sektor and Cyrax I don't think are in a playable state right now and there is no indication yet they'll be dlc.
I remember how in MKX we all thought Baraka and Rain were fully ready DLC fighters they were waiting to sell to us and yet they never came. Just NPCs. Same goes for Kintaro/Goro/Shao Kahn in 9.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Frost is an unlockable. There is nothing wrong with that.
Sektor and Cyrax I don't think are in a playable state right now and there is no indication yet they'll be dlc.
I remember how in MKX we all thought Baraka and Rain were fully ready DLC fighters they were waiting to sell to us and yet they never came. Just NPCs. Same goes for Kintaro/Goro/Shao Kahn in 9.
They're complete enough. There's a mod that makes them playable, give it a try.
If they're not 'complete' then that probably means they don't have any extra costumes/gear made. But meh, we don't know for sure and ultimately its down to trusting the dev/publisher. I for one never ever trust any dev/publisher to act in the customer's best interests.

ESPECIALLY not WB. That'd be like trusting EA.

DDustiNN

There was a time when shipping unfinished games wasn't forgiven.

Also, how do you defend a completed Sektor/Cyrax being in game, and not playable?
What is unfinished? They’re rebalancing the towers and economy due to massive backlash, but that’s about it.

I don’t need to defend the Sektor/Cyrax thing, because they’re not “completed” characters. Meaning full move set, 10 custom abilities, Fatalities, Brutalities, 60 skins, dozens of gear pieces, intro dialogues with every character, etc etc... None of that. They’re each just one model with a few moves.

You don’t seem to realize just how much work goes into a single character.

They're complete enough. There's a mod that makes them playable, give it a try.
If they're not 'complete' then that probably means they don't have any extra costumes/gear made. But meh, we don't know for sure and ultimately its down to trusting the dev/publisher. I for one never ever trust any dev/publisher to act in the customer's best interests.

ESPECIALLY not WB. That'd be like trusting EA.
Yeah, I've seen the mod. The moves look like Triborg from MKX with a new model, kinda like Baraka and Rain had their MK9 movesets. It doesn't feel like they were seriously considered for the roster. It's a shame, because I really want Mustard in the game.
And damn, I'm not trusting WB after all the shit they've pulled.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
What is unfinished? They’re rebalancing the towers and economy due to massive backlash, but that’s about it.

I don’t need to defend the Sektor/Cyrax thing, because they’re not “completed” characters. Meaning full move set, 10 custom abilities, Fatalities, Brutalities, 60 skins, dozens of gear pieces, intro dialogues with every character, etc etc... None of that. They’re each just one model with a few moves.

You don’t seem to realize just how much work goes into a single character.
My point is we really don't know for 100% if the DLC is REAL DLC that they're working on right now, or if they're cut and withheld content. If you trust the dev/publisher you'll assume its real DLC... If you don't, then everything's cut content.

After a frigging generation of cut content and disk locked content starting from the PS360 generation... safer to not trust at all. After all its still a BUSINESS, they care about money first and foremost... as this game WELL highlights. That's fair enough for them... and its also fair enough for me as the customer to care about MY interests over theirs.

I don't EVER subscribe to the 'O THINK OF THE POOR DEVS!' bit. Ever. Especially since what we get for our money is constantly being eroded and taken away. This game, despite the work put in, is still the best example of some of the absolute worst anti-consumer bullshit I've seen to date.

DDustiNN

My point is we really don't know for 100% if the DLC is REAL DLC that they're working on right now, or if they're cut and withheld content. If you trust the dev/publisher you'll assume its real DLC... If you don't, then everything's cut content.

After a frigging generation of cut content and disk locked content starting from the PS360 generation... safer to not trust at all. After all its still a BUSINESS, they care about money first and foremost... as this game WELL highlights. That's fair enough for them... and its also fair enough for me as the customer to care about MY interests over theirs.

I don't EVER subscribe to the 'O THINK OF THE POOR DEVS!' bit. Ever. Especially since what we get for our money is constantly being eroded and taken away. This game, despite the work put in, is still the best example of some of the absolute worst anti-consumer bullshit I've seen to date.
Man, talk about overreacting, lol.

Anti-consumer? What exactly is so bad here? Unlockable cosmetic content, earned by playing the game? The option to buy that content without the work, using a currency that you also earn in-game? Or giving people the option to pay real money for that currency, if they so desire?

Or is it that they are continuing to work on new content post-release?

If you think this is at all predatory, or even close to the worst, you haven’t been paying much attention to the gaming industry lately.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
The problem is not that stuff isn't unlockable just by playing (because it is and that's cool), the problem is that there's way too much grinding, pseudo mobile game elements and RNG involved.

They just need to rework the economy to make it less grindy. If they increase the currencies gains (especially in modes other than ToT), decrease some absurd tower requirements that would make Warframe blush and make ToT more fun, quick and easy I think no one would have a problem with that.

In the end this is MK, people just want to fight and unlock stuff on the side, it's not a full time looter shooter so it can't be designed as one.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Man, talk about overreacting, lol.

Anti-consumer? What exactly is so bad here? Unlockable cosmetic content, earned by playing the game? The option to buy that content without the work, using a currency that you also earn in-game? Or giving people the option to pay real money for that currency, if they so desire?

Or is it that they are continuing to work on new content post-release?

If you think this is at all predatory, or even close to the worst, you haven’t been paying much attention to the gaming industry lately.
Always online singleplayer for one.

Lets not get into a debate about race to the bottom of the toilet bowl... this is depressing enough.

They're not. They're essentially just the MKX moveset with a the story mode skin. Definitely not fleshed out.

And no doubt if they did release them in that state, you and others asking for the same would be the first ones complaining that there's nothing new, not enough skins/gear/new fatalities bla bla bla...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So I watched uncaged games and he may be onto something, easy to way to earn koins for the krypt create an AI and send them to the endless tower. lol I think this worked for MK X too if memory serves

Remember we're dealing with WB moreso than NRS. One of the greediest, scummiest, most morally bankrupt publishers on the planet, second only to EA.

If you ask me, the message to send is 'we won't pay for Disk Locked Content' and also 'we're not going to waste time playing a game that doesn't respect our time either'. As for how to do that... wait for a mod or hack to come out that unlocks everything properly offline.... or if you have the skills, facilitate the job.

Then post a massive middle finger to WB.
Nah I would say EA, Activision and Capcom are worse than WB actually given their history. Capcom charged people for on disc content, at least WB is giving us the option to unlock it for free and buy is optional. Capcom I remember with skins they made that shit mandatory but then came out it was on the disc and then there was that Asura bs with the "want the real ending, buy it here" lol. Activision with their COD rep is horrible and EA well I think everyone can agree why they're the worst. This is the first MK game where people have really had a huge gripe with unlocks. I don't mind the grind to play per-se but what bugs me is they said no loot boxes, so they more or less replace them with a similar system.

The problem with success and this goes for every company, eventually you get greedy and they figure "ok well people will buy our shit regardless at this point, let's find ways to milk more money out of them" lol

SxS626

Noob
Fuck no. Not after so many have grinded for dozens of hours. The backlash would be severe, and deservedly so. I'd join in on the review bombs.
no it wouldn't. the backlash comes from the grind itself, but the buy-all solution would be a much appreciated solution. no one cares if you dedicated dozens of hours in a broken krypt, as long as i don't have to

Pizza

Thrill Kill
They only need fatalities, brutalities and their own movesets. Fuck the rest, nobody is going to unlock all the cosmetics anyway.

And I don't need them to re-invent the cyborgs. I just want Sektor telepunching people, shooting missiles and burning his opponents. And he enjoys it too much!!

Teasing characters and not releasing them was bad in MKX and is bad now. It seems like you think it's right.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
They only need fatalities, brutalities and their own movesets. Fuck the rest, nobody is going to unlock all the cosmetics anyway.

And I don't need them to re-invent the cyborgs. I just want Sektor telepunching people, shooting missiles and burning his opponents. And he enjoys it too much!!

Teasing characters and not releasing them was bad in MKX and is bad now. It seems like you think it's right.
Boon said no Whatchimuhcsallum npc's so, I guarantee there eventually dlc also @Testurmight19 there is the kombat pack wich you could have gotten for less and a week early if you pre-ordered the game

DDustiNN

I never said anything of the sort. I merely said they’re unfinished characters in terms of MK11 features. Pointing out the facts doesn’t mean I support or defend it.