What's new

They need a unlock all DLC option

I feel you, spent a while in the Krypt yesterday, spent 700k koins, 700 hearts and 3k souls and didn't get a single skin, fatality, brutality or taunt for Baraka (main reason I even came there). All I got was a helmet.
When unlocking it feels like I'm progressing nicely since I'm constantly getting skins, fatalities and brutalities but then I go to the customisation screen and see that I haven't even made a dent in the vast array of options.
However, even if they released unlock everything as dlc I wouldn't pay for it, I'm a cheapskate ;)

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Tho, despite what I said earlier I hope they do release some sort of unlock all DLC... so I can pirate it :D

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
This game is worth $60. You are willing to spend 500% the value of the game itself, to unlock everything that's already on the disc? I actually think I lost a little faith in humanity just now.
But have u seen some of those badass Shao Khan masks/skins? They look fenomenal. Nrs put tons of work in those for sure. 300$ is not a problem for me.

They shouldn’t charge me anything to get the content I already paid for. There should be an option in the settings to simply unlock everything.
Ummm WTF? Unlocking things has been a feature and part of the game since MK:DA. It's part of the experience which is also what you paid for. Unfortunately things aren't like they were 15-20 years ago where you got the whole game and that was all. But back then you also didn't have half as much single player content as well - no extra towers, no story, no DLC, no support. You were stuck playing local VS or against the AI.

Do you not think that if there was an option then almost everyone one would choose to use it? Why spend X hours in the game unlocking things when you can get it all with the flip of a switch?

The content gathering definitely needs to be made better, at least make it more catered to the characters that you're using. But an unlock all option just caters to the "i want everything now" crowd.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Maybe it'll be an option in like 6 months to a year.

I'll be honest, I'd like an "unlock all items" DLC too. If only for the fact that I have MK11 on both PC and PS4, and I don't want to do this grind again on my PC.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
The system they have in place is fine, but the economy is not. The cost of koins/souls/hearts for stuff is simply too high compared to the rate at which you earn them.

And the towers of time are simply broken before the patch. I started Scorpion's character tower the other day and the second fight is unbeatable. (I'm poisoned, which drains life and meter, and the CPU does fire damage over time.) After the inevitable loss the game hangs the "skip fight" token in your face. :mad:

I really hope they get the patch right. I liked the unlocking stuff in MKX, but this time the system feels abusive of my time.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
NRS was like: "Oh, so you miss the good old times, when you had to unlock costumes instead of paying for them extra? Don't worry, we've got you kovered. We've got tons of unlockables for you, dear konsumer!"

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Well then make it 300$ if it needs to be. I'll pay it. The skins looks ameizeng.
Are you frigging serious?... $300 for DISK LOCKED CONTENT?

And people wonder why the fuck scum corporations keep making "DLC"...

This game is worth $60. You are willing to spend 500% the value of the game itself, to unlock everything that's already on the disc? I actually think I lost a little faith in humanity just now.
In light of the $300 guy, I don't think my faith in humanity can drop any lower.

Are people LEGITIMATELY that stupid?! Its not even about "R U POAR?! 2 POAR TO AFFORD A BAG OF SHIT?! I CAN AFFORD IT COZ I HAZ A JERB AT McDERPNALDS!"... its the notion of nevermind CONDONING, but even SUPPORTING disk locked scam content...

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I wouldn’t pay a cent for unlocking all the bullshit. I paid full price and that’s 60$, which is huge in Russia. 5 years ago 60$ were 2600 rubles, now its 4000 rubles. Double for a fucking game. Now imagine if in the USA it was 120 bucks. And then you had to pay more for the unlockables? Would you bu

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I wouldn’t pay a cent for unlocking all the bullshit. I paid full price and that’s 60$, which is huge in Russia. 5 years ago 60$ were 2600 rubles, now its 4000 rubles. Double for a fucking game. Now imagine if in the USA it was 120 bucks. And then you had to pay more for the unlockables? Would you bu
It pretty much IS close to $120 USD... base game (notice they call it BASE game, not FULL game anymore) + Kombat pack 1 aka Cut Content Pack 1. And then there's all the rest of the Disk Locked Content....

The smartasses saying they'd pay are the ones digging this hole deeper. Without that sort of sorry capitulation, predatory practices wouldn't exist in the first place. Complain that the grind is too much; don't ask to pay more for content you already own, god damn. :rolleyes:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The more I ply the game the better I feel about it. The grind is really not that bad if you only play a few on the roster bc most of the good stuff has fixed locations or at least a nearly specific location. It doesn’t excuse the lack of rewards from the towers, and I don’t like having to unlock certain skins when their tower is available. That’s silly, so I have to, in theory, either wait for a specific tower for my character and be magically free when it appears, OR i have to pay to buy it from the store IF it shows up there for 500 crystals which are the HARDEST currency to get

The more I ply the game the better I feel about it. The grind is really not that bad if you only play a few on the roster bc most of the good stuff has fixed locations or at least a nearly specific location. It doesn’t excuse the lack of rewards from the towers, and I don’t like having to unlock certain skins when their tower is available. That’s silly, so I have to, in theory, either wait for a specific tower for my character and be magically free when it appears, OR i have to pay to buy it from the store IF it shows up there for 500 crystals which are the HARDEST currency to get
You can summon your character's tower for 25k koins but it's absolute bullshit that the requirements only start counting after you summon it.
But I agree, I turned it on yesterday and saw a Kollektor tower with a cool-looking skin counting down at 14 minutes. I understand that this is made so you'd have the incentive to play the game in fear of missing that stuff, but it would be a lot more convenient to resummon multiverses at will.
I wonder if beaten multiverses leave rotation forever? If not it could get really annoying, since I doubt you'd get another skin from them.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Me: Oh that’s a cute kitana skin I just have to hit her a few times.

Kitana with one punch modifier: