What's new

They need a unlock all DLC option

Makes no sense to not have that option. MKX had it and this one should too. Im ok with the grind especially after the patch comes but there are people that just dont have that kind of time to play and should be given an option to pay $20 to unlock everything but stats

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Makes no sense to not have that option. MKX had it and this one should too. Im ok with the grind especially after the patch comes but there are people that just dont have that kind of time to play and should be given an option to pay $20 to unlock everything but stats
Do you really think they're going to charge us 20$ for everything when they charge 5$ for every. Single. Skin?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
When you say DLC I think you mean krypt chests because that’s all mkx had.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
ITS NOT DLC.

You paid 60 dollars for the game. The skins in the krypt and the towers YOU ALREADY PAID FOR.

They want you to spend 500hrs unlocking everything to pump up their play time numbers. It's so silly we can't access the content we paid for without grinding for months.

If they offered a 20$ unlock the krypt I would buy it immediately. A shortcut to cut through the time gating BS.

Fuck no. Not after so many have grinded for dozens of hours. The backlash would be severe, and deservedly so. I'd join in on the review bombs.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
ITS NOT DLC.

You paid 60 dollars for the game. The skins in the krypt and the towers YOU ALREADY PAID FOR.

They want you to spend 500hrs unlocking everything to pump up their play time numbers. It's so silly we can't access the content we paid for without grinding for months.

If they offered a 20$ unlock the krypt I would buy it immediately. A shortcut to cut through the time gating BS.
500 hrs? Now you're being crazy. I easily see myself needing ten THOUSAND hours to unlock all that shit.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This isn't DLC, just unlockable stuff we should have the option to buy if we want. I agree that they should have this with the krypt like mK 9 and mk X. Just give us the option, the way MK 11 handled costumes, gear(cosmetically) compared to MK 9, MK X and I2 is bad imo. The stuff we want it's 100% random, just an alternate way of loot boxes which they stressed wouldn't come back but failed to tell us "oh btw krypt, tot and ai battle to unlock stuff is totally random still" Seriously? And the only option we do have to buy stuff updates once a day limited to 7 pieces(5 cosmetic, outfits etc) and 2 random finishers for random characters. They want us to play the game more and not buy stuff, I get that but if you're going to make your fans grind more at least rewards us with more cool shit that we want and not random.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think the grind and progression system is pretty great, honestly. The game has been out for less than a week, and I already have over 1/3 of the Krypt unlocked.

The only thing they need to do is reward hearts and souls more often. I want to earn them outside of the Towers of Time.

Actually one more thing to fix is the absurd requirement walls for character towers. 75 Fatalities and 75 Brutalities just to unlock a skin and a Brutality... that’s just ridiculous. Then the next stage after that is even worse.

I understand that people are upset, but I think some of us need to consider how the feedback they’re sending will be interpreted by the developers.

Consider this: For years people have been saying “I miss the days when you could unlock everything in game and didn’t have to pay for everything”.

Now let’s consider... What message is being sent by the current complaints?

Basically feedback such as this is sending a LOUD message that the above statement about unlocking in game is NOT true. That people WOULD rather pay, as long as it’s a reasonable price.

Also sending messages that even though they added many new variations of the outfits, people still want them early, and would be willing to pay for those too.

Is this not a very dangerous message to be sending to the developers?

I just hope people consider their complaints from the perspective they will be interpreted. Because failing to do so will result in even more complaints when NRS’s next release doesn’t allow everything to be unlocked and has another paywall for cosmetics such as this.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think the grind and progression system is pretty great, honestly. The game has been out for less than a week, and I already have over 1/3 of the Krypt unlocked.

The only thing they need to do is reward hearts and souls more often. I want to earn them outside of the Towers of Time.

Actually one more thing to fix is the absurd requirement walls for character towers. 75 Fatalities and 75 Brutalities just to unlock a skin and a Brutality... that’s just ridiculous. Then the next stage after that is even worse.
I found augments which give me 3 hearts per brutality and 2 per fatality which helps a lot but they should at least 5 per fatality and 10 per brutality.

Took me forever to do the 75 requirement and all I got was a skin that had horrible mismatching colours.

I agree...especially for tourneys i want to perform certain brutalities and wont be able to grind to unlock them at evo lol

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
ITS NOT DLC.

Sure its DLC.

Disk Locked Content

Searsy82

Noob
I’m going to suggest something simpler. They shouldn’t charge me anything to get the content I already paid for. There should be an option in the settings to simply unlock everything.

If you enjoy the grind, have at it. If you don’t, or just don’t have the time to dedicate to it (me), unlock it.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I understand that people are upset, but I think some of us need to consider how the feedback they’re sending will be interpreted by the developers.

Consider this: For years people have been saying “I miss the days when you could unlock everything in game and didn’t have to pay for everything”.

Basically feedback such as this is sending a LOUD message that the above statement about unlocking in game is NOT true. That people WOULD rather pay, as long as it’s a reasonable price.

Also sending messages that even though they added many new variations of the outfits, people still want them early, and would be willing to pay for those too.

I just hope people consider their complaints from the perspective they will be interpreted. Because failing to do so will result in even more complaints when NRS’s next release doesn’t allow everything to be unlocked and has another paywall for cosmetics such as this.
Remember we're dealing with WB moreso than NRS. One of the greediest, scummiest, most morally bankrupt publishers on the planet, second only to EA.

If you ask me, the message to send is 'we won't pay for Disk Locked Content' and also 'we're not going to waste time playing a game that doesn't respect our time either'. As for how to do that... wait for a mod or hack to come out that unlocks everything properly offline.... or if you have the skills, facilitate the job.

Then post a massive middle finger to WB.

DDustiNN

I’m going to suggest something simpler. They shouldn’t charge me anything to get the content I already paid for. There should be an option in the settings to simply unlock everything.

If you enjoy the grind, have at it. If you don’t, or just don’t have the time to dedicate to it (me), unlock it.
That.... sounds pretty silly.

Remember we're dealing with WB moreso than NRS. One of the greediest, scummiest, most morally bankrupt publishers on the planet, second only to EA.

If you ask me, the message to send is 'we won't pay for Disk Locked Content' and also 'we're not going to waste time playing a game that doesn't respect our time either'. As for how to do that... wait for a mod or hack to come out that unlocks everything properly offline.... or if you have the skills, facilitate the job.

Then post a massive middle finger to WB.
By all means, send that feedback then.

Just consider the message being sent is all I’m trying to bring attention to.

The loudest message being sent atm worries me very much.

I find this a major issue in gaming nowadays. With issues going viral so quickly, people express their feelings about the problems, and this could have a detrimental effect on the next game.

Just be aware that reddit posts/YouTube vids/etc... negativity is one of the marketing types that gets the most clicks. So it’s getting more important to be clear with our feedback.

In this case, specifically discussing “let us buy the DLC”, think of it like youre dealing with a genie that just got out of its bottle. Any room for misinterpretation is extremely dangerous.

This.

Also...

- Give Augments a massive buff, like makes moves do 50% more damage rather than 3%

- Skip or Fast Forward Fatalities

- Make all consumable selectable for the whole tower so the game doesn’t have to stop each match to equip them.

- Buff consumable cool downs

- Option to cash in coins for hearts / souls

Dolla Dolla bills y'all!
Let me get dem skins for a little bit of skrilla

DDustiNN

No. It doesn’t.
What game have you ever seen that just has a “press X to receive everything” option? Can you do that in Overwatch? Rocket League? Maybe you just want to press a button to unlock every single item in an rpg, instead of actually working for them and finding them?

Lol what... seriously, that is the most absurd suggestion I’ve seen yet.

DDustiNN

Lol exactly. It’s a lose-lose situation no matter what they do.

Gamers: “remember the old days, when you could actually unlock stuff without paying for it?”

Developers: “we heard you... look at this massive amount of unlockable content! No money required!”

Gamers: “THIS IS BULLSHIT! Just let me pay money so I don’t have to actually play the game!”

Developers: “okay, here’s an option to pay to unlock that same content without the effort!”

Gamers: “THIS IS BULLSHIT! All these devs care about is money!”

:rolleyes:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I really don't like those kind of practices (Games making the grind unbearable so you will pay instead) but it would be nice if we could go into the character customization menu and just cherry pick purchase what we want. I know that would lower the amount of people who use the Krypt but a lot of these skins aren't even in the krypt, some of tower of time or AI battle only and a lot of us would rather be playing online than doing that stuff.

TLDR: I pretty much agree, I would rather just be able to buy what I want than spend all this time grinding for it. Part of the problem I know but I would rather do that then spend all this time grinding when I could be actually playing the game online instead.

HAMMER

Noob
ITS NOT DLC.

You're seeing this with a clear eye.

NRS are bums for what they've done.

HAMMER

Noob
Lol exactly. It’s a lose-lose situation no matter what they do.

Gamers: “remember the old days, when you could actually unlock stuff without paying for it?”

Developers: “we heard you... look at this massive amount of unlockable content! No money required!”

Gamers: “THIS IS BULLSHIT! Just let me pay money so I don’t have to actually play the game!”

Developers: “okay, here’s an option to pay to unlock that same content without the effort!”

Gamers: “THIS IS BULLSHIT! All these devs care about is money!”

:rolleyes:
Nope. You're taking this to extremes.

They could have it easy.

Klassic Towers = unlock the character ending and ALT. costume.

Character Themed Tower = unlock the totality of character's gear/costumes/etc.

Story Mode = unlock other shit.

Online matches (totality of matches or wins) = unlock other shit.

And have some secretive shit in the Krypt to unlock Sektor/Cyrax since they are NPC in which Boon himself said would not exist in this game.

These game developers really think they're still tricking people with the "DLC" that was finished before the game launches but advertised as other.

These guys are doing it this way because they know people like me exist who prefer to complete what we start. So they force you to shuffle in (x) amount of hours to do it.

Then they can point at the critics and ask: "If our game is what you say it is, why are these amount of hours spent on average during the game's life cycle?"

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
They will put unloveable like they did for MK10 this pretty Grindy 50 fatalities for amulet ug 50 for everyone skins and stuff