What's new

They must fix throws in this game

It means you're doing something slower than the 10f startup frame of the throw.
Imagine when Jacqui is -2 at point blank, then she uses her 9f d3. The opponent uses a 10f throw reversal. The throw should beat Jacqui's d3 out of her attack animation because it's slower. It's simple math
My point is attacks should have throw invisibility so throws are used against opponents who are blocking.

Zviko

Noob
Oh no you can get punished for whiffing moves the horror
That's what you got from that? Seriously? People complain about hitboxes but this is fine???

Also, this was the point to make it whiff and throw will still grab him for some reason. It's not even a whiff punish, it just eats the normal. And you can get a proof of that by recording D4 closer so it hits and the exact same will happen.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
That's what you got from that? Seriously? People complain about hitboxes but this is fine???

Also, this was the point to make it whiff and throw will still grab him for some reason. It's not even a whiff punish, it just eats the normal. And you can get a proof of that by recording D4 closer so it hits and the exact same will happen.
Yeah, you can clearly see hes out of range , and scorpion didnt move forward . It should never hit him lol

DeftMonk

Noob
Because you obviously must be able to punish throws as well as Dragon does to make an argument.
If you make the read a throw is coming shit is super easy to punish. If your playing a character with lower combo damage than your opponent however, the risk reward for ducking a throw might not be in your favor. Unless ur opponent is extremely predictable and doing dumbass shit like jk if blocked throw every time or wu3 throw etc.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

It is a whiff punish...

If d4 and throw hit on the same frame and were both in the range to hit the other then the winner is chosen randomly because normals/specials and throws don't trade.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

You literally whiffed a normal and got thrown because of the hurtbox you stuck out.

How do you define that?

I swear, the amateur NRS community is absolutely clueless.

Zviko

Noob
It is a whiff punish...

If d4 and throw hit on the same frame and were both in the range to hit the other then the winner is chosen randomly because normals/specials and throws don't trade.
But why is it random? Why is not Sub's D4 low profiling a throw because it's animation is clearly low enough?

You literally whiffed a normal and got thrown because of the hurtbox you stuck out.

How do you define that?

I swear, the amateur NRS community is absolutely clueless.
Ignore the whiff thing, I said it happens if I do it at range where it would've hit as well. Not even the point.

How do I define that? How do you define that hurtbox getting grabbed when it's obviously not even in range? Because that's how throws work? But WHY?

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Hitbox/Hurtbox interactions, thats game design, nothing more, nothing less.

Gotta learn to live with it.

It happens on another games, Street Fighter mostly.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
But why is it random? Why is not Sub's D4 low profiling a throw because it's animation is clearly low enough?

Ignore the whiff thing, I said it happens if I do it at range where it would've hit as well. Not even the point.

How do I define that? How do you define that hurtbox getting grabbed when it's obviously not even in range? Because that's how throws work? But WHY?
Hurtboxes are blocks where your char can be hit.

Hitboxes are blocks where your char hits.

Your d4 hurtbox overlaps the throw hitbox.

How is that difficult to understand

Zviko

Noob
Hurtboxes are blocks where your char can be hit.

Hitboxes are blocks where your char hits.

Your d4 hurtbox overlaps the throw hitbox.

How is that difficult to understand
Why are you so condescending for no reason. I undertand it, I just don't like that it works this way because it makes no sense. Basically every down poke can get grabbed at first 2-3frames. I just don't like that. If I don't stand and/or block I should be imune to throws unless it's a punish.

Technically the example from video is a punish but it clearly low profiles the animation. That's why it shouldn't get grabbed either.

Just my opinion. I'm allowed to have one right?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Why are you so condescending for no reason. I undertand it, I just don't like that it works this way because it makes no sense. Basically every down poke can get grabbed at first 2-3frames. I just don't like that. If I don't stand and/or block I should be imune to throws unless it's a punish.

Technically the example from video is a punish but it clearly low profiles the animation. That's why it shouldn't get grabbed either.

If they make D1s +14/15 on block we should bury the poke mashing/throw meta by simply jailing consistantly. Which would also make people block so throws would be still be an option.
You think there's a poke mashing meta going on in this game and you still want pokes to under throws?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

That's how he talks to everyone. He's very brusque.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
The only thing that bothers me is the presence of characters that force you to eat throws because they have launching autoshimmy strings, 2 of them even have throw KBs on BOTH directions... why?
Speaking of throw KBs, they need a damage reduction.
I can agree on the damage reduction. I Constantly have this happen: get hit by throw, 1-2 projectiles, uppercut, air KB, I died

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I can agree on the damage reduction. I Constantly have this happen: get hit by throw, 1-2 projectiles, uppercut, air KB, I died
IDFK why they do so much damage.. like yeah, you did a grab in the less obvious direction.. woah sick read bro!
Not like it's such a huge risk with the big hit advantage on throws.
I also DK why people complain about throws eating pokes but not the fact that characters can outright 50/50 you between throw and a launch, forcing you to just sit there and eat throws when you're ready to tech.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Huh...but that does let you know which throw they will go for the KB, right?

Take Scorpion, KB on towards throw, you know he'll want that KB, so tech accordingly. Its still a read, correct, but you have that information working against him as well. You can also avoid getting thrown by ducking and etc.

There are ways out, this ain't the damned end of the world.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Huh...but that does let you know which throw they will go for the KB, right?

Take Scorpion, KB on towards throw, you know he'll want that KB, so tech accordingly. Its still a read, correct, but you have that information working against him as well. You can also avoid getting thrown by ducking and etc.

There are ways out, this ain't the damned end of the world.
Never said that.
also there's a shit ton of characters with KBs on both grabs.