What's new

They must fix throws in this game

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Im sick and tired of this strike throw meta . Something needs to be done . How they can make them so broken ? Its stupid fast (10 frames ) , its a 50/50 , deals too much dmg , leads to KB if you guessed wrong for many characters . For example dragon rushes in dbfz are 19 frames with visual indication ... Throws in this gam are scrub friendly mechanic like FB . Think about it , guy dont even have to know how to play this game to win . Just throw you a few times , hit by random d2s and jump kicks here and there , few special moves . Fatal blow and ur dead . It rewards being random instead solid play . They must make them slower or deal less dmg or remove a 50/50 from it . I think less dmg would be best option , make them do like 90 dmg istead 140

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Absolutely agreed but sadly throw is not the only thing that i am sick or tired of. Don't even wanna talk about the rest cos we are talking about the most perfected and balanced game right. And i am fully lame. You are half lame cos you are making positive criticism. i am trying to win online matches without spending even a second in practice. Never want to learn the meta of this game because it is too hard to me. D1+Throw, D1,D1+Throw or D1,D1,D1+Throw. Only true masters can do this kind of master degree fighting game Moves. D3, 1,1,1 or d3 throw is the Ultimate level that you can reach in this game. As i said you need to be a pro to do that kind of very diffucult things.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Think about it , guy dont even have to know how to play this game to win . Just throw you a few times , hit by random d2s and jump kicks here and there , few special moves . Fatal blow and ur dead . It rewards being random instead solid play .
If you are losing to people like this, you need to get better at the game. I don't lose to people like this, and I'm no pro.

But also at a high level, look at how many throws are full combo punished. Sometimes it seems like it's more of them than not. Definitely between techs and full-out punishes, throws are far from guaranteed against good players.

Anyway, this is something people just aren't used to dealing with because there were so many broken ways to open your opponent up in MKX. But it's a valid part of fighting games and it's providing a reason to level up in dealing with them.

If you are losing to people like this, you need to get better at the game. I don't lose to people like this, and I'm no pro.

But also at a high level, look at how many throws are full combo punished. Sometimes it seems like it's more of them than not. Definitely between techs and full-out punishes, throws are far from guaranteed against good players.

Anyway, this is something people just aren't used to dealing with because there were so many broken ways to open your opponent up in MKX. But it's a valid part of fighting games and it's providing a reason to level up in dealing with them.
Ok, but do YOU have any footage?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Its stupid fast (10 frames ) , its a 50/50 , deals too much dmg , leads to KB if you guessed wrong for many characters.
Throws in Street Fighter 5 have five frames of start up and an 11 frame tech window. They hit mid and can lead to powerful okizeme in the corner. Just like in Mortal Kombat 11, the strike / throw meta is an integral aspect of the game and represents the most benign mix up of any NRS fighting game.

Throws in this gam are scrub friendly mechanic like FB . Think about it , guy dont even have to know how to play this game to win . Just throw you a few times , hit by random d2s and jump kicks here and there , few special moves . Fatal blow and ur dead . It rewards being random instead solid play .
Results have been very consistent for this game. Nobody is placing top 8 in offline or online tournaments because of "random" throws. If results were consistent with Quan Chi's pre-patch vortex in Mortal Kombat X, they will be consistent with throws in Mortal Kombat 11.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I have no idea why people are complaining about throws. What is it that you can't deal with regarding throws? In a solid fighting game, you don't have 50/50s that lead to 35-50% damage like MKX did. In their place is a strike/throw mix up, much like what exists in Capcom and SNK fighting games.

If you are getting thrown a lot, it means you are defending a lot which means that you have poor offense. You need to swing the momentum back to you when the opportunity presents itself in the form of a telegraphed throw. Start a mix up of your own combining throws, fast advancing mids etc.

Stop worrying about what you think is too strong and start thinking about how you could have countered it. The game becomes a completely new experience once you do.

Last edited:
can anyone even tech on reaction? i mean, you gotta identify a 10f throw animation correctly, then let go of the slow block trigger and press the tech button while even making a read on the direction in another what, 3 frames? ive once read only the best players in the world can react to something as fast as 12 frames while the average player can reach up to 15.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
can anyone even tech on reaction? i mean, you gotta identify a 10f throw animation correctly, then let go of the slow block trigger and press the tech button while even making a read on the direction in another what, 3 frames? ive once read only the best players in the world can react to something as fast as 12 frames while the average player can reach up to 15.
The tech window is 14 frames after the 10f throw start up. So you have until frame 24 to react. It's not difficult to do on reaction especially offline.

The tech window is 14 frames after the 10f throw start up. So you have until frame 24 to react. It's not difficult to do on reaction especially offline.
where is that information from? i was in practice yesterday and set the opponent to random forward throw/attack and tried to tech the throw on reaction, but even when i let go block and pressed tech absolutely immediately when i saw the throw animation, i got the tech like 1/10 times. this cant happen in a 14 frame window.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
where is that information from? i was in practice yesterday and set the opponent to random forward throw/attack and tried to tech the throw on reaction, but even when i let go block and pressed tech absolutely immediately when i saw the throw animation, i got the tech like 1/10 times. this cant happen in a 14 frame window.
Dizzy posted it on Twitter once. I'm ok at teching online. I'm pretty sure I would be better offline.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous now. Fix Breakaways! Fix Flawless Blocking! Fix Throws! Fix pokes! What's next? Learn to play the game, FFS!

Another thread like this and I'll open one myself: Fix every back, forward input! since that's where I'm lacking. I know I should work on my execution but it would be much easier to harass devs to change them to down, back or a single button so instead of working on the issue it should be fixed for me. It's so absurd that people call this game scrubby and criticise it with the scrubbiest mentality: Fix everything that causes an issue for me!

Delete all multi hitting strings that can chip me to death! Delete all air projectiles! Delete all projectiles if we're at that! Delete Jax' strings that seem always plus online! Delete all Krushing Blows that I frequently hit by! Delete all overhead/low mix ups I find unreactable!

Or maybe you should stop playing the game if it's that bad for you. I considered this at one point then I started to watch the footage of my losses, went into the lab, found out what I should have done better and I started improving. If you feel that you can't reach the level of Sonic, Kombat or Grr, maybe it's not the game's fault. Maybe they are just more dedicated than you.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ok so correct me if I'm wrong cause I dont play much but if the issue is d1/d3 into throw you can just walk back and wiff punish. Seems to work if I'm right there is good defence against it.

My problem is you can get thrown out of your attack animation. Other than that they are fine and uppercuts KBs should be nerfed instead.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity

I never said I lose to it , I just said you could win by doing only these things . I actually often tech throws online . But just vs some characters its almost impossible . Too many things to look out for . I recorded in practice sub doing walk up low or oh and I reacted to OH almost 10/10 times. But when I added to this walk up throw it got much worse . So technically you have 4 way guess . Low , OH , back throw , regular throw . In this game blocking a simple d1 makes you guess vs many characters . Will he do poke into safe special ? Will he throw me after it bc i respect his option ? If yes which way ? Maybe he will mash d1 again ?

My problem is you can get thrown out of your attack animation. Other than that they are fine and uppercuts KBs should be nerfed instead.
this too

Last edited:

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
microhighcrush (block, fast release block button and press again) reduce throw threat (escpecailly, against johhny pressing. But, it doestn work against character with fast mids (Hsu Briggs and JAcqui Hao, for example)) For everyone else, maximum - you eat a poke

It means you're doing something slower than the 10f startup frame of the throw.
Imagine when Jacqui is -2 at point blank, then she uses her 9f d3. The opponent uses a 10f throw reversal. The throw should beat Jacqui's d3 out of her attack animation because it's slower. It's simple math