What's new

These 9-Frame Mids NEED To Go!!

Making KB so easy its the problem . what kind of " requirement " is f4 after a hit confirm , or scorpions BNB combo ending with a krushing blow ?!! I have like 100 losses because of that . Meanwhile , as a kung lao player , i have to commit to unsafe dive kicks , and negative frames on block like f21 lol
And Jax f33 the 2 hit should be a high , and there is where the mind games and reads should begin .
Krushing blows should also need 1 bar of Attack Meter . it would make the game much more interesting instead of losing to scrubs to hit a panic uppercut and winning a match like that . KB after hit confirms and ending bnb combos with kb are not requirements . its just stupid and scrubinness at its finest .
I never thought about KBs costing meter to be honest.

I don’t think that’s a bad idea, it might cause people to actually manage it.

Sazbak

Noob
Nerf it so you can cry for the next thing.
That's not a counterargument. So based on your logic no one should be complaining about anything because there will be always other things to complain about. Two wrongs make a right, or more like many wrongs. Let's revert the patch then as well.
Also I will stop going to the gym from now on because even if I go and live healthily that doesn't mean I won't have other problems in my life e.g. money problems.
Even if I make good amount of money I will die one day so I can still complain about that.
Let's not change anything ever.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
My character has one hitting midsa and they are 13f LMFAO yes we need 9f mids for the right people

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
That's not a counterargument. So based on your logic no one should be complaining about anything because there will be always other things to complain about. Two wrongs make a right, or more like many wrongs. Let's revert the patch then as well.
Also I will stop going to the gym from now on because even if I go and live healthily that doesn't mean I won't have other problems in my life e.g. money problems.
Even if I make good amount of money I will die one day so I can still complain about that.
Let's not change anything ever.
Thats deep

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Jax is the only one that really kills me with that shit. I just don’t know how to fight him yet. Everything I try seems useless. I don’t mind fighting Liu Kang. I do better against him than I do Kano lol.

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Cassie's F4 is not an advancing mid, it actually pushes her back on block.
Yeah, I don't think Cassie's ought to be turned into a high either. But as a general rule of thumb, fast mids should not advance. MKX Raiden's B1 was an 8 frame mid that did not advance at all and wife on some crouching females.

By the end of the game's life cycle, the standard fast mid was around 10 frames. (Triborg's f2 for example). But you still had some ridiculous things like shinnok's f4 which may have been a 7 frame low if i recall, but again did not advance at all.

As it stands, Liu Kong's f4 string has to changed. It's so braindead, every casual has flocked to the character.

This game is a also not MKX though and if jump kicks continue to be this plus on block, the 9 frame stuff should be universally slowed down.

This isn't street fighter where strike / throw is basically a poke or short block string into throw. It's throw or Liu Kang's f43.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
The only fighter that I do accept having a 9F mid is Jacqui to be honest. She isn't threatening at full screen so she needs to be good at something and that is pressure and staggers.

Last edited:

mrapchem

Noob
I love Kabal, he is strong as Fuck but at least he is very honest
B12, is mid overhead, but 15f startup
his 9f mid has really short range
If one understands what Kabal is up to, a really good back dash or spacing game usually is good enough to make him hang himself.

Same can be said about nightwolf, his best mid, has short range, although if he throws those quick advancing mids he literally loses his turn, the tricky part its how his follow ups works, usually people are always expecting him to do 11, f12 or b34, but if he uses just one instead of double dial he gets mental advantage.

Sadly same can't be said about Liu and the others though.
Kabal should be the standard to which characters should be balanced around - he is obviously strong in certain areas, not so strong in other areas and can be beaten by playing smart. And he has the right kind of 9-frame mid: the kind with really short range that doesn't serve as the starter to his primary offensive string.

mrapchem

Noob
i need some infos about you otherwise i cant answer you properly!
how long do you play fighters, which main games so far?
do you consider yourself an casual player or do you want to level up to be able to play competitive?
how much time do you spend playing mk11? like how much hours per day or week.
I've been playing MK since I was 7, and I'll be 31 next week. MK9 was my first fighter that I wanted to learn frame data for.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say 'which main games so far', but I would consider this game and MK9 to be my favorite MKs, if that's what you're asking.

I would consider myself an advanced casual - I know frame data, have a good concept of neutral and how my characters play, but I have no desire to compete in tournaments, other than perhaps locals. I play when I can as nowadays I work 2 jobs, mostly over the weekends. But I've been visiting this site ever since Somberness was posting MK9 frame data for Sub-Zero.

I do not mean to be presumptive, but I hope that you didn't ask me these questions in order to try to dismiss the points I raised in this thread. However, in the case that you're genuinely curious, I hope I've given you a bit of insight into my background.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Note what I said about range and damage in relation to move speed.
I think Jacqui deserves to have a 9f mid in her kit because she's t-rex as fuck. In her case it's the meterless cancel that's stupid and I think if her risk aligns with her reward she'll be balanced.
You can punish her cancels since she's open while doing them. Just read the cancel and punish. Jacqui literally was made to play up close. She was designed to rush down in that variation. She has no projectile and no real distance game whatsoever. Try playing Jacqui against Kang, Skarlet, or Cetrion. A good Jacqui takes time to develop. She is somewhat execution heavy when played at a high level.

You can't just pick her up and win right away. You have to learn to stagger the cancels and the F31 pressure mixed in with some B32/whatever shenanigans. You have to watch for movement before executing a dash punch or risk a D2 KB. You need to work to set up your KB's from the clinch. Keep in mind that most of her attacks are stubby AF so you need to be good at rushing down your opponents up close.

There's no rest for the wicked while playing as Jacqui. Also, there's not many Jacqui players online, probably due to her not being a cake-walk to use.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You can punish her cancels since she's open while doing them. Just read the cancel and punish. Jacqui literally was made to play up close. She was designed to rush down in that variation. She has no projectile and no real distance game whatsoever. Try playing Jacqui against Kang, Skarlet, or Cetrion. A good Jacqui takes time to develop. She is somewhat execution heavy when played at a high level.

You can't just pick her up and win right away. You have to learn to stagger the cancels and the F31 pressure mixed in with some B32/whatever shenanigans. You have to watch for movement before executing a dash punch or risk a D2 KB. You need to work to set up your KB's from the clinch. Keep in mind that most of her attacks are stubby AF so you need to be good at rushing down your opponents up close.

There's no rest for the wicked while playing as Jacqui. Also, there's not many Jacqui players online, probably due to her not being a cake-walk to use.
Also you can't hitconfirm the staggers, which means you have to weigh when to risk a stagger vs. just f31 or completing the full string.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

It's online where I find it difficult to get my turn back as Jade. In the lab I can d1 b3bf2 the fuck out of her every single time. Online, not so much.

kcd117

Noob

That is not true. Her cancels and staggers are both -2 from her mid so no matter what you do you can never punish her unless she commits to do something after, and in case she decides to simply poke instead of going for something else all you can do is poke back to get your turn, but never really punish her.
No one needs -2 staggers and -2 cancels tbh, especially when the 9 frame mid in question CAN CRUSH POKES.

She also has B2 and dash punch (why the hell is this safe??) to close the gap and keep you from moving away from the range she wants to be at, and her jump ins reach hella far and put her hitbox above the clouds to make sure you are not anti-airing her until she is very low to the ground.

Imo there is nothing wrong with her design, but there are tons of things wrong in her frame data and move interactions, like, wtf is the logic behind her D1 pushing characters out of their poke range and to the sweetspot of her 9 frame mid while also having ridiculous blockstun? Why she has both staggers and cancels that are -2 and put her and set up perfect whiff punishes? Why tf her throw pushes her away from most of the jabs in thr game on whiff? As long as her frame data remains the same she’ll be dumb... not overpowered or game-breaking... just a dumb character that can put you in shitty scenarios from the most stupid situations and takes 0 effort to do so. Current Jacqui reminds me a lot of MK9 cage when you had no bar to armor out of his pressure, and that is by no means a good thing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
That is not true. Her cancels and staggers are both -2 from her mid so no matter what you do you can never punish her unless she commits to do something after, and in case she decides to simply poke instead of going for something else all you can do is poke back to get your turn, but never really punish her.
No one needs -2 staggers and -2 cancels tbh, especially when the 9 frame mid in question CAN CRUSH POKES.

She also has B2 and dash punch (why the hell is this safe??) to close the gap and keep you from moving away from the range she wants to be at, and her jump ins reach hella far and put her hitbox above the clouds to make sure you are not anti-airing her until she is very low to the ground.

Imo there is nothing wrong with her design, but there are tons of things wrong in her frame data and move interactions, like, wtf is the logic behind her D1 pushing characters out of their poke range and to the sweetspot of her 9 frame mid while also having ridiculous blockstun? Why she has both staggers and cancels that are -2 and put her and set up perfect whiff punishes? Why tf her throw pushes her away from most of the jabs in thr game on whiff? As long as her frame data remains the same she’ll be dumb... not overpowered or game-breaking... just a dumb character that can put you in shitty scenarios from the most stupid situations and takes 0 effort to do so. Current Jacqui reminds me a lot of MK9 cage when you had no bar to armor out of his pressure, and that is by no means a good thing.
I regularly punish dash punch. It's 'safe' only if you never duck it, and if you do just block it because you're in b2 range, it's now your turn. And comparing to cage's variable-blockstun f3 is pretty silly.

Jaqueline is good, bur braindead she is not -- show me the 0-effort Jacqui that is winning.

Last edited:

kcd117

Noob
I regularly punish dash punch. It's 'safe' only if you never duck it, and if you do just block it because you're in f2 range, it's now your turn. And comparing to cage's variable-blockstun f3 is pretty silly.

Show me the 0-effort Jacqui that is winning.
What about risk reward tho? Isn’t she the rushdown beast of the game? A fast far reaching move that gets her in and has huge corner carry, when blocked, gives you a pseudo-turn back? (I say pseud bc not everyone is Jacqui with a 9 frame mid and can bypass the mindgame of “do I start my turn now with the risk of getting poked or do I check her with my poke to keep her from stealing my turn?”)

And the JC comparison had nothing to do with variable blockstun, but with what the character did to you... once he started his offense the chances of you getting out of it were extremely low, and if you watch the recent tournaments you probably know what usually happens when Jacqui scores a hit or even when she touches someone on block with a F3.

I didn’t say she wins with 0 effort, but I did say she puts you in shitty situations with 0 effort and she does. One combo midscreen and welcome to the corner. Block my D1 and welcome to the F3 range. Block my F31 and guess for your life. Block my F2 and guess if I’m gonna finish the string. Guessed right? Now guess if I’m gonna cancel the string. Watch any high level match and you’ll see all of the situations I mentioned above. Most of her mindgames are way too potato.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I didn’t say she wins with 0 effort, but I did say she puts you in shitty situations with 0 effort and she does. One combo midscreen and welcome to the corner. Block my D1 and welcome to the F3 range. Block my F31 and guess for your life. Block my F2 and guess if I’m gonna finish the string. Guessed right? Now guess if I’m gonna cancel the string. Watch any high level match and you’ll see all of the situations I mentioned above. Most of her mindgames are way too potato.
In high level play there are characters who get far more for far less, which is why most of the top players who mained Jacqui have dropped her for other chars. She is very good, but this narrative of "0 effort" that you're trying to push is exactly the opposite of what it takes to reach her potential.

Last edited:

mastermalone

Use only logic, please

We must be playing different games because I've been poked out of my cancels quite a bit. To beat her, do not let her in. If you are using a rush down character, it boils down to who's rush game is better. In most cases, Jacqui will win that battle, except for Jax. I don't know why, but Jax seems to shut me down when I play as Jacqui. He steals his turn back all day.

The best defense against her is to block low, look out for grabs and expect F31 and punish accordingly. She can get good damage from her low combo starter. It's best to eat throws/overheads opposed to 35% from her low combo starter.

If you can get a good tread on the low, it's slow startup can be interrupted. With this knowledge I can usually beat other Jacqui players but not all. Some guys are just too damn good.

mrapchem

Noob
We must be playing different games because I've been poked out of my cancels quite a bit. To beat her, do not let her in. If you are using a rush down character, it boils down to who's rush game is better. In most cases, Jacqui will win that battle, except for Jax. I don't know why, but Jax seems to shut me down when I play as Jacqui. He steals his turn back all day.

The best defense against her is to block low, look out for grabs and expect F31 and punish accordingly. She can get good damage from her low combo starter. It's best to eat throws/overheads opposed to 35% from her low combo starter.

If you can get a good tread on the low, it's slow startup can be interrupted. With this knowledge I can usually beat other Jacqui players but not all. Some guys are just too damn good.
Usually I can poke Jacqui players out of their cancels and I find ways to beat them by doing exactly what you're suggesting. I just think that it's messed up that her F3 has so much speed and good range simultaneously - enough to stop many of the characters that are supposed to out-range her with longer-reaching buttons, like Johnny Cage. I know she beats him for other reasons as well, but that's one of the things that I find quite comical.

Also, Jacqui is designed to be monstrous up close, which is perfectly fine. The counter-play to this is supposed to be that her opponents have the ability to zone her out. Yet virtually nobody in the game is keeping that character away from them for any significant part of the match, not even the Jade/Cetrion/Shang/Sonya/Skarlet players. Then, when she is nearby, her normals have good enough range that she can play from sweep distance and still kill.

I'm not saying she's a potato character that a person can learn and win with in a few hours, but this notion that people are regularly beating her because they are keeping her away is hogwash. Jacqui players are routinely getting past zoning like it's nobody's business and when they get in, their opponents can barely poke back because even when it's not her turn, Jacqui still has the threat of vanilla MKX Raiden's F1. Thus the opponents will eat throw after throw until an F3 catches them.

And they better not even attempt to jump out or away from her because that's a free F3 combo for the Jacqui player.

Since her counter-zoning is effective, I see no reason for her to keep her 9-frame mid - it can be tweaked(slowed down/shorter range/made high) without killing her.

Last edited:
Jacqui and Cassie have great mids but somehow dropped down in the tier list, I really dont think them having a 9f mid is a problem. Liu and Jax can be a problem but only because their mids lead to krushing blows (if you're gonna nerf something, nerf the krushing blows -- I wish there was a way to elevate every characters KB's to about where Jax's/Kangs are, but thats not gonna happen, so I do think they need to be toned down).

The game just needs lower tier characters to also have reliable mids, somewhere between 9-12f