What's new

The World Has No More Room For Monsters: Swamp Thing General Discussion

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I really hope we'll be able to hit confirm with the wakeup tree move (forgot what it was called).. I wanna hit confirm with that and b3 bitches lol

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Saga of The Swamp Thing by Alan Moore is damn wonderful. I just read it and I was blown away. The last volume has a few slower parts, but they had a huge impact. Once you finish that, I recommend the New 52 run as well. It may not be as good as the Moore run, but I thought it was still very good.
New 52 run is also a pretty good one.

Agreed with previous replies. The Alan Moore run is the definitive Swamp Thing.

If you are looking for more beyond that, the New 52 runs by Snyder (particularly Rotworld) and later Soule are pretty good. I think Len Wein (who co-created the character) did a new run about a year ago as well.

However, if you particularly dig the Alan Moore Swamp Thing, I strongly recommend checking out Hellblazer afterward (you'll be introduced to John Constantine during your reading anyway). Has all the familiar dark trippy shit from Swamp Thing but with a bit more humor.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Swamper read alan moore run from the 80s, read new 52 run. Everything else is of varying quality after that. Although feel free to read more of the 80's run than just the alan moore stuff. Its all pretty decent.

D. R.

Noob
Swamp Thing is absolutely terrible. He is way too slow and easy to avoid. His combos do not even hurt and his trait is ass. Lol Like why?

Way to go NRS!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Swamp Thing is absolutely terrible. He is way too slow and easy to avoid. His combos do not even hurt and his trait is ass. Lol Like why?

Way to go NRS!
Do you have the game already?
Please show us something about his frame data.

I see huge range normals,some mixups,really good potential damage combos and BIG corner pressure. Also he has tools to avoid zoning.
Don´t know already if he is going to be low or high tier , but I think it´s too soon to be as worried as you are

D. R.

Noob
Do you have the game already?
Please show us something about his frame data.

I see huge range normals,some mixups,really good potential damage combos and BIG corner pressure. Also he has tools to avoid zoning.
Don´t know already if he is going to be low or high tier , but I think it´s too soon to be as worried as you are
I wouldn't comment if I didn't have access to the game... lol

- He has huge range normals that are incredibly slow
- His "mixups" are lackluster. His standing 50/50 is incredibly easy to fuzzy. His OH string is 30 frames, his b3/f3 are each 35 frames (easy to blow up when MB.) He has three tic throw setups with d1, d2, and s21. They are decent...
- His combo damage is decent at 400-500 barring meter
- His corner pressure is lackluster due to the invincibility of many wakeups in I2. There's no viable way to set up trait because it recovers so damn slow.

Now the kicker. He does horrible against zoners. Log trades are not in his favor, vine grab trades are not in his favor and clone trades are not in his favor. Characters like Dr. Fate and Firestorm just fuck him fullscreen. He should be able to meterburn vine grab to get armor and win the trade and/or MB clone should hold the opponent much longer to give ST some advantage to advance. He needs some help there.

His restand is shit. Characters like Firestorm and Robin have great frames on their restands. ST, eeeh...

Also he has no bounce combos. Combos will generally consist of string, launch, f21xxclone, 11xxvine grab. It'd be nice if b3 was sped up so he could hit it after db2MB (tree move) consistently midscreen.

There's a few other things. He's good but not great when compared to the ease of use of multiple other characters and that's unfortunate in an NRS game.

There's already been a day -4 patch but hopefully there's another on day 0. ST needs some help to compete. I really like the character.

His midscreen combo is pretty swag with the clone.

Tl;dr
- Buff recovery on trait so it can be used mid combo.
- Reduce frames on b3
- Make MB tree AA always hit.
- Give him a way to contest zoners if he has meter.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I'm at work but had this on my phone.
Hey I'd edit that so only link or something is shown there are others on TYM not posting footage for a good reason. You could get infracted it's against the rules. Just trying to look out for ya..

D. R.

Noob
Hey I'd edit that so only link or something is shown there are others on TYM not posting footage for a good reason. You could get infracted it's against the rules. Just
I don't really care but thanks. Lol Shit for this game is all out there already.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey I'd edit that so only link or something is shown there are others on TYM not posting footage for a good reason. You could get infracted it's against the rules. Just trying to look out for ya..
That would be ironic being that a mod posted a link on his status to have people watch him stream the game last night. Twice.

JnTonioo

Yurp
kind of new he was going to be to slow but dont care im still going to use him hopefully he turns out to better than we thought