What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Couldn't agree more. Great ending, I just hate this "midseason finale" shit. WTF is up with that?

They'd better have a good explaination as to why Sophie was in the barn.
She was in the barn cause Otis was in charge of rangling the walkers into the barn, when the group came asking if they had seen Sophie the only one that knew was Otis, and well shane killed him lol. That's the explanation Kirkman gave...

It's funny that a lot of the people that have read the graphic novels complain or are surprised about the character driven aspects of the show. The show and the books are the characters. That was Kirkman's intention from the beginning. Zombies are not the main focus of the book and show. Its the people and how they react to the situation they are put in. This comes from Kirkman: "So if anything scares you...great, but this is not a horror book. And by that I do not mean we think we're above that genre. Far from it, we're just setting out on a different path here. This book is more about watching Rick survive than it is about watching zombies pop around the corner and scare you. I hope that's what you guys are into." And also from Kirkman, "This is a very character driven endeavor. How these character get there is much more important than them getting there."

This show is based off the books. If anyone here has read the books then you knew what you were in for when you started watching. The pacing of the show should not be a surprise to you. Kirkman sometimes goes several issues without even showing a zombie in his panels. If you have not read the books, then oh well. It is what it is. Take it or leave it. I happen to like the show and find very little to criticize about it. Each is entitled to their own opinion.
Man, you should receive the "Most intelligent post ever" award, at long last someone gets it...

aj1701

Noob
Glad the show is finally back. A strong return in my option. They never did show what happened to what's her name that crashed the car. I sense trouble from the two that arrived from Philly.. I'm sure there's others that were with them.

Oh, and anyone that read the comic books, please make use of the spoiler tags!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Soo yeah...that last scene was epic.

Rick channeling his inner clint eastwood. I'm curious as to how Herschel will react to that.

aj1701

Noob
Soo yeah...that last scene was epic.

Rick channeling his inner clint eastwood. I'm curious as to how Herschel will react to that.
Well, he seems to be understanding that the world is different now. I think he's going through a "life's not worth living" phase, but I don't think it'll last. Rick was really impressive with that speed!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Well, he seems to be understanding that the world is different now. I think he's going through a "life's not worth living" phase, but I don't think it'll last. Rick was really impressive with that speed!
I hope herschel indeed ends up kicking them out, cause if not, it will end up with the inevitable and predictable zombie overrun of the farm that'll force em to leave.

aj1701

Noob
I hope herschel indeed ends up kicking them out, cause if not, it will end up with the inevitable and predictable zombie overrun of the farm that'll force em to leave.
I actually think he won't want to stay, and the others from Philly will force them to leave.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Finally...lol I hate it when they take months, they did the same thing with Smallville.

Anywho, great show last night. Although, a little light on the action but more plot episode no doubt. I think Rick's wife is stupid...does she not trust he can take care of himself? Now she got herself in a bind and someone will have to rescue her...again lol.

Those guys in the bar you knew were up to something...they were asking too many questions. I don't think Hershel should kick all of them out, especially the way the world is. I think he'd be dumb to do that. But I can see him not liking Shane, he's kind of a dick especially lately...

I like Hershel, but he really needs to open his eyes at times. I'm waiting for rick to put shane in his place, especially for the whole "shane and rick's wife" thing, I know he knows she thought he was dead but still, he was his best friend and you do that? lol

Ehh, I also wonder if the truth about Otis's death will come out eventually...

Death

Noob
Why the fuck is this show becoming a soap opera. I was falling asleep mid episode on the new one and all last season was horrendous. Where are the fucking zombies at?????

REO

Undead
I was expecting part 2 of the season to start off with a bang, but it didn't. :/ I think this episode was the most boring one in the entire show. However, it did create some interesting scenarios for the next episode. Rick's pregnant wife is now stranded some where far from the farm with zombies close by.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I agree with REO. I found the first episode of the second half of the season quite boring. I was expecting some totally hype reaction to the girl becoming a zombie (name escapes me), but really, it was quite predictable. Mom cries, people are silent, Shane feels guilty, Herschel getting mad. The only thing I did not expect was Lori to get in a car crash, or Rick to kill the other people looking for shelter on the farm.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
The show is now getting into the part of the graphic novels that will have a long profound effect on the entire cast. This is the part that I've been waiting for since the series started.

aj1701

Noob
The show is now getting into the part of the graphic novels that will have a long profound effect on the entire cast. This is the part that I've been waiting for since the series started.
Calm before the storm eh? Looking forward to it.

Guys, this show is about people surviving after a zombie apocalypse. Key part being about the people. Zombies obviously play an important part, but its not meant to be The Living Dead made into a series.

MKF30

Graphic Novel? I thought the show was based off a comic? Or did they break it into little novels?

Calm before the storm eh? Looking forward to it.

Guys, this show is about people surviving after a zombie apocalypse. Key part being about the people. Zombies obviously play an important part, but its not meant to be The Living Dead made into a series.
Good point, I mean I think some people just want to see "zombies getting blown to hell" to me that's fun, but gets boring and old fast, without a plot that's kind of lame. Like example, what they did last year(this season earlier) with shane teaching the blond how to aim/shoot, and her doing it herself....that was a great episode, it wasn't just random people shooting zombies heads off know what I mean? To me that's so typical now days and the zombie gig is already overplayed with movies, games etc. This show however I enjoy because of the deep story, developed characters and of course everyone trying to survive zombie apocalypse.

MKF30

lol yeah, darylle. One guy, shane has a bit of a southern accent as well. The rest not so much lol.

MKF30

The guy who plays Rick is British, so I find it impressive that he can do a decent southern accent.
So is the chick who plays maggie, she's a british actress too. If you're an actor or voice actor, a southern accent isn't that difficult. A british, russian etc among others out there are FAR more difficult lol. I'm into voice acting myself, so speaking from personal experience.

MKF30

So yeah, good show last night! Good mix of story and action! About time Hershel told Shane to STFU lol

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
I think this show is back on track. Rick and Shane finally duke it out. Andrea telling Lori to go fuck herself. The first hint that you don't need to be attacked by a zombie to become one. And Daryl working over the new guy in the preview. Very good episode.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Last 3 episodes have been epic. Supposedly the last 3 were being directed by Glen Mazzara, sooo now we know who should be in charge of things.