What's new

The "Test Your Might" Appreciation Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Still blows my mind that I'm older than you.

Anyways, I came here from PSASBR as a Parappa main. Injustice started up, and the site I helped admin wasn't taking to it as well as I was. I left, came here, and lurked a bit.
I'd been here a few times, and became a tom brady fan wayyy back in the day. Still am, emo or not I'll always root for Brady. I recently got a picture with him, was awesome.

I was shitty at IJ, as much as I was at MK9 when I played it alone. Mechanically speaking, I'm not a super strong player. I play pseudo-fighting games (PSASBR, Naruto UNS, ect), all of which aren't as big on fundamentals. However, I've always been strong at one thing, and that's labbing up tech. When I first arrived, I was already a solid Bane main. The reason for it is the Grundy grab chains were too hard, and I figured Bane would be buffed to mid-tier at least. Good call on my part, eh?

Anyways, as soon as I arrived I managed to gain a lot of traction, but meet a lot of good people. Back then, I was a zealot. Fresh faced, and ready to make my opinion known. I was a terrible person, correct but illogical. After the first patch, I told everyone Bane wasn't terrible, but the stigma was stronger than I was. I fought it, and didn't make many friends along the way... But I still made tech. I created the BCC (Bane Character Council) off of an off-handed message to @RYX talking about tech comparisons, and it grew to have more posts than the bottom 50% of character forums combined. I talked with great players, new players, and all the like. I grew with my community, and watching my character get new tools kept me in the lab exclusively.

I went to CEO and EVO last year, went 1-2 both times. No one knew who I was, I even met Gamerblake and Pig in person and neither recognized me. :( Still, had fun.

This year comes around, and so much happens. I go to PA and everyone assumes I'm dead, 1.06 happens and people start bitching about Bane while I feel like a goddamn Oracle for predicting everything before it came around, I reach my 135th tech video, I finally get on a podcast and even the "history of injustice" video after going to FR and using my super (despite it doing no damage)... And I became a better person. I became more agreeable, more passive, more understanding of those around me. Now, I don't post as much anymore but I still look around a lot and check every day for anything new, and of course I still tech even though no one uses it. I look forward to working with you guys in MKX where I'll likely rep Ferra/Torr or Kotal Khan depending which is low tier at release, unless another character comes out that catches my fancy even more.

Thanks for an amazing 2 years.

~Doombawkz

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was apart of the site before it even went public, I think I'm member #9 or something. We had similar ideals for what we wanted for the MK community, and it's those reasons for why @STORMS and @Krayzie created this site and brought people who were like minded with them. I was always advocating a high level, playing to win mentality on UMK/CMK and MKU. And they didn't want TYM just to be about tournaments, they wanted it to be about improving your overall game, from execution to your attitude and mentality. It also went beyond that, we wanted a place where everyone could just be a community in a relaxed but controlled environment. Where people could share their tournament experiences with people who shared the same passion as them.

Even though we all had a vision of where we wanted the site to go, I for one never thought TYM would be as important to so many other people. And I definitely never imagined we would have over 25,000 members. Considering the first few months we had around 200 (around there), we've come a looong way. I'm not as active as I used to be, since I have very very little free time and I don't play INJ or MK9 anymore. But I still come here just about every day just to see what everyone is up to and what new things people are talking about. It really is like a NRS themed social media site, but without most of the douchey-ness that comes along with it. Notice how I said "most", lol.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
great thread , this site is my face book lets just leave it there :)
oh and you can thank the bronies over at TRMK for me being here !