What's new

The "Test Your Might" Appreciation Thread

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
My story isn't too feely haha. I had just gotten injustice and was playing black adam. This being my first fighter that I was actually decent at, I typed into google black Adam combos and got this site. I noticed it had a lot of information and kept coming back. Couple months later I joined wanting to be a part of something awesome and level up in the process. Now I actually have a good understanding of fighting games. Even if at the moment I'm just an online warrior.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I come from G-Faqs. Joined 2003. Banned over 100 times. I posted many sexy things kids shouldn't be allowed to see or read. People still remember me.

2011. MK9 came out. It was the first game I ever played online.

I created a female avatar. I wanted to be a woman. My mom said to follow your dreams. So I did. People thought I was my sister in G-Faqs. The funniez. They were real.

Freddy Krueger was released. I used pre-patch Freddy to "zone" everyone in KOTH. They were teabagged. And babalitied. People cried. People cussed. I joined them in their tears. The laughs were too much to bare. Many pants were soiled.

I found TYM. I liked the people. I learned how to play. I changed my ways. I stayed. My name is Faaaaaaaded Dreeeeeeamz.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This place is OK.

I just come here for info(occasionally compiling and spreading it myself), and if I see something in the recent posts/topics area i'll check it out and respond accordingly.

I'm spoiled by the freedoms and over-the-topness of SRK, which is why I come off bet opinionated.

This site is a lot simpler and slower paced, and that isn't exactly a bad thing.

Error

DF2+R2
I come from a barren wasteland, devoid of any real information known as Gamefaqs (you were probably thinking MKU). There I met @Rampage254 @RedRaptor10 and @xWildx who I called a bitch or something for complaining about Ermac <3. Anyways, Gamefaqs didn't really have much information about Ermac so I googled Ermac combos and stumbled upon here. I still remember seeing that placeholder Ermac "Guide" posted by @STORMS when he still had his badass Ermac avatar. This was all probably around May 2011, I kept coming back here for information but didn't actually join until late June. I'm so glad I found this site and met the people I've met here. It's 4AM though so I'm typing because I am sleep.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
@Error, dawww, I love you too. I miss the zaniness of the GFAQs board, but I've really learned a lot from TYM and met some cool people along the way. Plus, it provides me with my daily dose of drama since I'm too lazy to keep up with any reality shows.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I've gone too shoryuken and here and other fighting sites like Freestepdodge, 8wayrun, etc. only for combos and strategies for a long time, but after injustice came out I decided I wanted to get in on the conversation and made an account. I love this site and you guys are for the most part super cool.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I say I watched combo videos on MK9 from HoodFresh and @TONY-T so I joined this site for more infomation on combos etc., even though I joke around alot.
Yeah Tony T and Tyler Lantern made me want to become "Combo Artist" a few years ago Lol. What's cool is that I actually got to meet TL once. Cool guy.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yeah Tony T and Tyler Lantern made me want to become "Combo Artist" a few years ago Lol. What's cool is that I actually got to meet TL once. Cool guy.
Yeah, I saw one video where he was fighting someone offline MK9, and one of the spectators was saying something about Phoenix and Marvel and one of the commentators said to that person, "Nobody doesn't want to block Phoenix" and then he said to that person "Better recognize where you at!" lol funny shit the way he said that.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I actually got into the competitive scene the first couple weeks of the MK9 release. I was only 17 at the time I think, I didn't even know about tournaments and my parents didn't even know of my fighting game interest. But I was looking up combo videos for MK9 and I happened to randomly come across a Perfect Legend vs Tom Brady grand finals tournament video. I watched it and thought to myself these are the two best players out there? I bet I could beat both of them easy. I was a cocky shit talker back then, but I have since humbled and mellowed lol.

So after that I just played PL and other top players online, beating them satisfied me enough and I didn't really care about going to tournaments in person. Also I didn't think my parents would care to help me make it out, I thought they would think it's silly to travel to a video game tournament. But after playing so many top players online and them always telling me, "online and offline is totally different, nobody cares about who you beat online. You need to prove yourself offline" it made me thirst for the offline tournament scene really bad.

That's when I discovered TYM, to check for dates and locations of tournaments. Eventually I played Pig of the Hut online and although we argued and talked shit about online games at first (lol) he ended up helping me get to my first local and we met many of times after that and became good friends. After my first local I realized how much I love fighting games and I visit TYM at least a few times a week, if not daily. My first couple local wins made my parents see how good I was and support me for many tournaments on forward, which puts me to where I am at today :D

But yeah TYM is pretty awesome lol. I've had many laughs and interesting conversations on here. Fun times. Sometimes I feel like the FGC was the best thing to ever happen to me

I appreciate
@xKhaoTik for training me (even though you never accept my challenges anymore. It's ok, I'm always going to be a noob in your eyes).
@MK Trickylizard for also training me and introducing my kitana to khaotiks (people may think you're a troll, and maybe you are, but to me you'll always be the guy who took the time to make me a better player).
@AK RM Blake for the plethora of content on youtube (congrats on the 10,000 subscribers!)
@Mr. Mileena for the awesome games the other night (first time I played any pro)
@CRAZY DOMINICAN Essentially got me into the game and the tym community in the first place

Sincerely,

A fan you've never met but totally am working on changing that because thinks he's ready for tourneys I mean it's been 2 years now plus he beat mr mileena a few times so that says something right,

Aka- yobish33

Last edited by a moderator:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Meanwhile, in 2011...
Both Medina4Life and Under The Mayo thanked this site in creation of some of their tutorials, tutorials I became even more interested in after stumbling across Final Round 2011 in the suggestions on one of Medina's videos.
I didn't even know that something that cool existed, but it did.
Seeing as Under The Mayo and Medina were both ridiculously cool smart dudes, I figured I could find more of this cool-ness at TYM.
And I did.
I made my own thread asking about Liu Kang's anti-airs, asking what was best, as online I was getting anti-air combo-d...
And Peckapowa and Squeaker replied with something like "standing 2, breh"
And so I used standing 2, and succeeded.
I've been here ever since.
I understand so much more about these fighters, and the community storylines that are created because of them.
I even discovered my surprisingly huge local fighting game scene, because of a flash player named Friction, who asked if I was a part of the Buffalo Fighting Game community after we talked about cities and living places, on this site, after almost immediately becoming friends in a balanced online set. (Shoutoutds to headset chat.)
I post videos here occasionally, in an effort to try to give as much as I've received from this site, but I'm afraid that achieving that might be impossible.
I do try to add more people to this site, too. Some of them might be vieweing this thread soon.

Last edited: