What's new

The Superman Nerf Chronicles

A buff to walkspeed would help, but not a universal one.

Supes has fine walk speed, and excellent mobility. That can be left alone, along with others that move reasonably fast.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
you need to level up your knowledge, and know what the hell you are talking about.
start at 15 min 30 sec. Dalayed meter burn lasers.
You said that the Superman player can shoot a laser, see the opponent dash and then MB said laser. That is not possible. You need to commit on the MB.

Edit:
if f2 was high it would still allow him to do what he does best with it. Whiff punish and use it counter jump aways or blocked strings that have push back. What it won't allow him to do is f2,3 pressure all day. f dash a back dash into another f2, and wait for you to push a button and f2 that whiff. I think that this is fair and now allows thinking rather than I know I can spam f2,3 breath all day. He will still also be very good even if this happens, just not dumb. He also needs to lose his delayed MB eye lasers. If you block and then dash he can MB on reaction to the forward movement. GL can do that, too. It's just bad for fundamentals.

Since nerfing superman could cause a nerf train (and this is something that won't fair the game well), I suggest some universal changes would do us all well. A buff to walk speed and starting characters further back when the match begins would make it easier to fight superman in general and would be something that'd help all the characters and wouldn't leave anyone in the dust. So I suggest this instead. A nerf to superman would probably lead to a nerf to black adam, then etc.
I doubt walk speed will happen, although it should, but starting characters just one more step back would work wonders.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
@JayRupp your opinion has been noted, and dismissed. Thanks for all your valuable input.

@PNDi2Gaug3 One of the first people to actually break down Superman's strengths and weaknesses thoroughly.
There are actual top players doing this as well, and starting to do better and better against him (evidenced by the fact I lost SJ).

It's the players that don't do this, and still complain about him rather than find what flaws he has and exploiting them mercilessly, they're the ones who get characters nerfed in the first 6 months of a game, then a year later go "Oh no, if thing A wasn't nerfed, it could fight against THIS NEW BROKEN SHIT".

haketh

Noob
Him and Wonder Woman have that issue. Only thing about the MU as Doomsday I hate is making a good read with D1+ES only for the second hit of ES to miss.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Yea anyway, considering he is going to be Nerfed any way, I would like then to give him one and only one Buff, Give him a further buff to his uppercut bigger hit-box and upper-body invincibility/smaller upper-body hurtbox and starts up 2 frames faster making it a 7 frame uppercut

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Flash has d2, a 7 frame + on block launcher that reduces his hitbox so that you cant hit it with f23 during any point of its animation or recovery. It literally can't be baited with almost anything superman has. He at the same time can get in on Superman's ranged game with ease, and his low starter on his 50-50 dodges superman's rising grab, allowing for punishment.

He's the embodiment of a walking 7-3. The same damage, but anywhere onscreen. A real 50-50, half of which neutralizes your wakeup. A single move that negates your only footsie tool, and cannot be baited.

He's not the only bad matchup.
Holy shit someone who gets Flash.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
@JayRupp your opinion has been noted, and dismissed. Thanks for all your valuable input.

@PNDi2Gaug3 One of the first people to actually break down Superman's strengths and weaknesses thoroughly.
There are actual top players doing this as well, and starting to do better and better against him (evidenced by the fact I lost SJ).

It's the players that don't do this, and still complain about him rather than find what flaws he has and exploiting them mercilessly, they're the ones who get characters nerfed in the first 6 months of a game, then a year later go "Oh no, if thing A wasn't nerfed, it could fight against THIS NEW BROKEN SHIT".
Sorry bro I was having a bad day, I guess I was expecting some trash talk, but now I just feel like a dick. Sorry mate, have a good one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I doubt people even care if he is broken or not.

He's boring as hell to watch and wont be missed by anyone who doesnt main him.
This game is boring as hell to watch. I loved Injustice when it came out but after all the nerf crying on characters that were fine, it's lost an edge. The movement is too slow to make it NOT boring to watch.

This game is boring as hell to watch. I loved Injustice when it came out but after all the nerf crying on characters that were fine, it's lost an edge. The movement is too slow to make it NOT boring to watch.
Did you see the Lex (a character with slow movement speed) matches at Summer Jam?

What about REO's awesome MMH matches?

Zod is also very fun to watch, yet has one of the slowest walkspeeds in the game.

Those weren't boring.

Its obviously character dependent on how fun it is to watch.

Supes is boring to watch. Im sorry, thats just how it is.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

I disagree. There was a lot of hype last night in the Atlanta tourney. I enjoy this game a lot maining NW. Even though Superman is boring as hell, it's always a challenge over come his overpowered tools.

Wonder Woman

You're no match for an Amazon
I think it's ridiculous that people are saying Superman isn't unbalanced because if you commit several hours of your time to learning how to counter all of his overpowered tools, then you might have a fair chance against him. Meanwhile someone can pick up Superman and win with half the effort than someone else who is using any of the rest of the cast.

No one has to memorize Lobo's moves and weaknesses. Superman overcentralizes the game and makes going on ranked online matches not fun. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.

Competitive players should not be the end all opinions on these sorts of matters because they are vastly in the minority. Most of the physical copies of the game and downloadable content sales come from casual players.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think it's ridiculous that people are saying Superman isn't unbalanced because if you commit several hours of your time to learning how to counter all of his overpowered tools, then you might have a fair chance against him. Meanwhile someone can pick up Superman and win with half the effort than someone else who is using any of the rest of the cast.

No one has to memorize Lobo's moves and weaknesses. Superman overcentralizes the game and makes going on ranked online matches not fun. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.

Competitive players should not be the end all opinions on these sorts of matters because they are vastly in the minority. Most of the physical copies of the game and downloadable content sales come from casual players.

exactly.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'

His tools are not overpowered. F23 has several options to get out or attack back. Lasers are scoutable. His mixups are punishable. Learn to play

haketh

Noob
The problem is listening ot that community leads to terrible games.

Wonder Woman

You're no match for an Amazon
His tools are not overpowered. F23 has several options to get out or attack back. Lasers are scoutable. His mixups are punishable. Learn to play
If his tools are not overpowered then why does this thread even exist? Because everyone is dumb?
Being condescending to others doesn't do anything except alienate more people from the community.

The problem is listening ot that community leads to terrible games.
That depends on what you mean by terrible. I think the developers of the game would rather have more money than have thirty more people attend a local tournament.

Besides, I'm just suggesting that the game be more balanced. Outliers like Superman over centralize the game and force players to have to go through a hurdle of learning a specific match up in depth. While this isn't a problem for people who play competitively as they should do this with most characters, however most of the sales are from casual players and having that hurdle there either makes them stop playing or makes them pick up Superman as well.

It makes for a game that isn't fun.