What's new

The Science of QUAN - Ultimate Video Guide

Malec

Noob
Unfortunately, this SME-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights

any way around this?

thanks for the video. I didn't play Quan but I will start now :)
anyway, what's your standar BnB with him? Is it the one u showed in the video ?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Standard BnB is the long one starting with B3 1+2. Also, the one starting with F1 2 but instead of ending in 1 1 Telestomp, I may do B3 1+2, dash, B2 1, dash uppercut if i want damage.

Alcarion

Gym rat
Wonderful guide Under made me want to try Quan Chi also i have to thank you for using the the Silent Hill OST brings tears to my eyes every time i hear it. Truly great stuff.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Wonderful guide Under made me want to try Quan Chi also i have to thank you for using the the Silent Hill OST brings tears to my eyes every time i hear it. Truly great stuff.
Hell the quality of this video along with the music almost brought me to tears. Very very good work on the TCs part. One of the best I've seen and I don't even play Quan Chi.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Great work, Mayo. The Silent Hill music gives me funny feelings and brings back memories... and the video itself is very well made. I'll have to subscribe to your channel to see what else you put together... thanks for posting this!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Thank you guys so much for the words! I really wanted to make something that was informative, entertaining, but also relaxing at the same time. Coming up next, The Science of Kenshi!

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
One of the best character guide videos I've ever seen you touched upon a lot more than most people do. Nice work man.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
WOW!
Best MK9 tutorial video I have seen! Really informative and very well made!

This video must be on home page ASAP.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
This pretty much covers everything you need to know about Quan. Though I normally go for max damage combos off of his b3 1+2 string. It's a little strict but I rarely drop it, if it lags I just go for an easier one.

Best damage - b3 1+2, dash b2 1, dash b1 1 trance jip 11 skydrop. Not on my xbox but that damage is pretty solid.

Also if the low doesn't hit in that string the b2 1 won't hit so you have to be aware of that and sometimes for a different follow up like just b 11 or maybe 112, whatever really.

Also in the corner b1 1 doesn't seem to connect into trance consistently. Better off going for 11 for 100% certainty in corner when you are ending into trance

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Great video guys! I especially am a fan of that AA punch F+1, Trance.. Good shit

For that corner, I've been trying to pull off three B+2, 1's into B+1, 1 xx Trance in the corner. Usually end 1,1 sky drop

Those (B+2, 1)x3 are ridiculously strict online.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Quan is terrible online because of his speed. You can't do ANYTHING on reaction. The AA punch into F1 trance is essentially impossible.

RamenO

It Stinks!
After watching the video, I actually had the pleasure of going against the Science of Quan. Under The Mayo plays a sick Quan, my Stryker was helpless. He pulled off pretty much everything he showed in the video; stuff really works in even an online match setting.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I was talkin to Mayo, and i was shocked that his vid wasnt popular! ....as soon as i knew, i told Storms right away...and he did put it on front page (Storm the man, like always). this vid is very nice and deserve actual attention more than any other quanchi vid. i dont care about the content cause i dont main Quanchi....but the editing, the narration, the flow of the vid were it takes u logically step by step....and most important of all, the sound track, Silent hill baby! so as total, this vid is VERY useful indeed

Mayo is working on a good Kenhsi vid , i hope. i know he wont let me down as well, hopefully it will come out with Project learning lab write up. so this vid will be good tutorial, and it will help Project learning lab, people who are reading the write up, as well as the vid itself will hold the content for kenshi....so it will be a good idea to read the write up and watch the vid, or watch the vid and then read the write up as extra. both of them will hold different contents as well both of them will complete each other as a whole.

so i cant wait for it :) Best of Luck mayo, and hit me up when ur done or nearly done :).

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Wonderful and detailed guide, but when is the kenshi guide going to come out im in desperate need for one.
The script for the Kenshi video is complete, as are some of the title cards. I'm waiting for the video captures from Premonitionist, and then I'll have the video up. Hopefully this coming weekend.

huge thanks to mayo. quan chi has been my main ever since I finished story mode in may. I always rage about wake ups and now that I finally know how to avoid them I performed my first babality tonight. just wanted to give you a props for helping me take my game to the next level. :)

Also if the low doesn't hit in that string the b2 1 won't hit so you have to be aware of that and sometimes for a different follow up like just b 11 or maybe 112, whatever really.
You know, when I first read this, it surprised me, as I felt that I had done the b+2,1 > b+1,1 xx Trance follow-up before, even with the b+3 being blocked. After experimenting a bit, I've noticed that the combo only works on some characters when the first hit is blocked. Try it on Kung Lao, Mileena, or Quan Chi for example and it'll work; on most others, it won't. I'm feeling pretty sure it's related to how low the opponent's hitbox is when crouch-blocking, based on the characters it's working on, and that makes sense, as the overhead hitting later would provide more time to follow-up for Quan Chi.

EDIT: Okay, never mind then... it doesn't work on Sonya. Not sure anymore, unless her hitbox is a lot higher than it appears or something.