What's new

The RoboCop Thread

Straight Auto can get you better plus frames than Low Auto: 12/f32 Straight is +8 with you close to them, while Low Auto is +4 and farther away... But you could just go for 121/f322 and get the plus frames that way, at the cost of 30 dmg.

I really wish Active Patrol was the default projectile, because it embraces its in-your-face purpose. But not when it costs a slot and removes High Auto.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
I hate high auto's angle. Some characters can j1 just outside it and full combo punish you for guessing good. Aside from that I don't see how anyone would give up flamethrower for cheval trap. Just the fact you must spend offensive meter for your setups makes it the inferior choice.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Finally played against my first good Jacqui. Do we have anything that can prevent that jump special? I was able to catch it with s1 once or twice, but the risk-reward for trying is laughable. Once she started canceling her pressure into the leap, I couldn't find anything to prevent it, even on a hard read. We got options?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Finally played against my first good Jacqui. Do we have anything that can prevent that jump special? I was able to catch it with s1 once or twice, but the risk-reward for trying is laughable. Once she started canceling her pressure into the leap, I couldn't find anything to prevent it, even on a hard read. We got options?
Yes, we have options

Same thing works for Robocop :)

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yes, we have options

Same thing works for Robocop :)
I guess what I was asking is if there is a reliable way to prevent her from full-screen jumping into that kind of pressure. Once she's in, I don't think RoboCop can do anything about her hit-and-run tactics. That video helps with dealing with her pressure, but not so much with jump-in, deal some damage, cancel into far leap to escape on block. Low Shot can probably punish, but I'll need to test.

Low shot and cobra cannon are useless fort keeping her out. I plan to test wrist rocket next time I'm on, though that will mean giving up flamethrower, command grab, or air charge. If I can't find a good way to prevent her from just getting in for free, I don't even know what that makes this MU lol. Lord knows RoboCop isn't going to out-footsie or out-damage Jacqui.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
So robocop has no custom move that gives him combo extensions???Am I missing something? Is this the only character in the game like this? rofl

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I guess what I was asking is if there is a reliable way to prevent her from full-screen jumping into that kind of pressure. Once she's in, I don't think RoboCop can do anything about her hit-and-run tactics. That video helps with dealing with her pressure, but not so much with jump-in, deal some damage, cancel into far leap to escape on block. Low Shot can probably punish, but I'll need to test.

Low shot and cobra cannon are useless fort keeping her out. I plan to test wrist rocket next time I'm on, though that will mean giving up flamethrower, command grab, or air charge. If I can't find a good way to prevent her from just getting in for free, I don't even know what that makes this MU lol. Lord knows RoboCop isn't going to out-footsie or out-damage Jacqui.
I find up shot works quite well. The ark seems to catch most jumps on reaction. You have to bait her though which is a bit of a pain.

I don’t think this matchup is even, but I think it’s definitely manageable for Robocop. Not like 7-3 or anything.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any tips on the Geras matchup? It feels like he just utterly steamrolls RoboCop once he gets in, and his sand trap is a constant danger. I was using low shot, air charge, and wrist cannon, and was able to get him to respect low shot on block by hopping afterward; if he went into sand trap, I could get my air-charge KB.

Otherwise, I could find nothing to prevent him from starting his safe 50/50 KB tick-throw nonsense. The 6-frame d1 prevents any kind of stagger game due to RoboCop's easy-to-read staggers. This means all he has to do is wait for RoboCop to do something even slightly minus, and then it's his turn, and RoboCop will be eating staggers, mixups, and tick throws until he can somehow take his turn back, at which point he gets a single attack or string blocked and now it's Geras' turn again.

On paper, at least, this is not looking great for RoboCop. All it takes is a single hit from Geras to undo roughly 30 seconds of zoning.

DeftMonk

Noob
Any tips on the Geras matchup? It feels like he just utterly steamrolls RoboCop once he gets in, and his sand trap is a constant danger. I was using low shot, air charge, and wrist cannon, and was able to get him to respect low shot on block by hopping afterward; if he went into sand trap, I could get my air-charge KB.

Otherwise, I could find nothing to prevent him from starting his safe 50/50 KB tick-throw nonsense. The 6-frame d1 prevents any kind of stagger game due to RoboCop's easy-to-read staggers. This means all he has to do is wait for RoboCop to do something even slightly minus, and then it's his turn, and RoboCop will be eating staggers, mixups, and tick throws until he can somehow take his turn back, at which point he gets a single attack or string blocked and now it's Geras' turn again.

On paper, at least, this is not looking great for RoboCop. All it takes is a single hit from Geras to undo roughly 30 seconds of zoning.
swap to cetrion.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

This is a good example of mine turn your turn. Robocop can win the chip war if you just patiently wait the sandtrap out. Also I suggest not using the rocket because the cobra canon can jail from S4 and you can use that to chip him out/ send him full screen on block.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is a good example of mine turn your turn. Robocop can win the chip war if you just patiently wait the sandtrap out. Also I suggest not using the rocket because the cobra canon can jail from S4 and you can use that to chip him out/ send him full screen on block.
I'm not sure about any of this. No high-level Geras is going to let RoboCop win any chip war. And all it takes is Geras landing a single sand trap to completely undo all that zoning.

Cobra Cannon is false pressure on block. You can crouch the 2nd and 3rd hits after blocking the first hit. I've been messing with Wrist Rocket because it makes his f21 so much better, since they'll want to block it high and it gives him decent frame advantage on block.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm not sure about any of this. No high-level Geras is going to let RoboCop win any chip war. And all it takes is Geras landing a single sand trap to completely undo all that zoning.

Cobra Cannon is false pressure on block. You can crouch the 2nd and 3rd hits after blocking the first hit. I've been messing with Wrist Rocket because it makes his f21 so much better, since they'll want to block it high and it gives him decent frame advantage on block.
S4 Jails into cannon, blocking the sandtrap does not count as missing it for Geras' KB requirement so blocking it in the middle of a zone war is the best option. Air Shield might be useful in the sense you can jump back and react to a sandtrap from Geras to punish it, its safe on block too so even if you time it wrong you won't be punished. Up close your best bet is to land a throw or use hit advantage to jail the cannon with s4 and get him away from you.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Finally recorded some casual matches. Starts with a 150+ms Fujin, but then I start getting good matches:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been having pretty good success running low shot, command grab, and wrist rocket. It seems to cover most matchups as well as possible, given his tools. Wrist Rocket is much more spammable than Cobra Cannon and covers the air much better. It also allows for better block pressure since it gives him block advantage.

Losing Flamethrower hurts a little, but it just requires a different playstyle. Rather than going for Jade-style standing resets, I just get all my damage from zoning and the occassional kombo. Going for Flamethrower pressure just gives a savvy opponent an opportunity to flawless block punish RoboCop, and he really doesn't want to be up close with much of the cast.

Most opponents seem to turtle up pretty heavily when you're peppering them with bullets and rockets, so I find the command grab to be indispensable for opening up my opponents. It's stubby as hell, but you can combine it with his dash to really make it reach.

s4~rocket is also a surprisingly simple and effective anti-air. It's 11 frames, massive reliable hitbox, deals 15-20% depending on meter, and sends them full screen and forces them to eat one more projectile.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
I've been having pretty good success running low shot, command grab, and wrist rocket. It seems to cover most matchups as well as possible, given his tools. Wrist Rocket is much more spammable than Cobra Cannon and covers the air much better. It also allows for better block pressure since it gives him block advantage.

Losing Flamethrower hurts a little, but it just requires a different playstyle. Rather than going for Jade-style standing resets, I just get all my damage from zoning and the occassional kombo. Going for Flamethrower pressure just gives a savvy opponent an opportunity to flawless block punish RoboCop, and he really doesn't want to be up close with much of the cast.

Most opponents seem to turtle up pretty heavily when you're peppering them with bullets and rockets, so I find the command grab to be indispensable for opening up my opponents. It's stubby as hell, but you can combine it with his dash to really make it reach.
Is that forward walking shot less plus than flame thrower? Curious as to why people dont pick that move with command grab.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is that forward walking shot less plus than flame thrower? Curious as to why people dont pick that move with command grab.
It's less plus, it's a high, and it conflicts with Low Shot, which is basically a required move.