What's new

The RoboCop Thread

first the animation is to stiff for people, then its not stiff enough. nr cant make people happy :p

he can jump....down...when he wants to...
I love his animations so far. I loved Terminator's animations.
Watching them do Power Ranger flips is still silly, but I love that too.

i am just happy they did not picked the "new" movie design...that would have sucked.
for the rest...lets wait and see.
I didn't mind that movie or the suit design, and I like Joel Kinnaman. If that suit makes it in as an alternate skin I won't be reaching for my pitchfork, personally.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
They could have used the original design and the remake still would have sucked.
indeed but same as star wars episode 7 it would have that nostalgia factor which at least gives you something good during your time with it...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I remember when this happened, there were so many YouTube videos of Robocop fans yelling in front of their webcam that this is the worst thing to happen to the character lol
I legit can't stop watching it and think it's hilarious. It's a little disheartening that NRS fucked up his voice when fucking KFC was nailing that shit in 2019, but oh well. Whoever they got to play him also nailed the movement, which is crazy. You watch Robocop 3, when Weller didn't play him, and it's a night and day difference between "RoboCop" and "dude in a RoboCop costume". So as batshit as those commercials are, you can tell at least someone in charge of the project was a legit RoboCop fan.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
they forgot the triple shot with the to its bound timeless brrrt sound of his gun :(

outside of that he seems nice. walkspeed a bit fasten up but not to fast. bunch of movie references...well done.

Robocop is too shiny. It's a weird complaint, but it's what I was worried of from the first screenshots, and here we are. He doesn't fit into the surroundings, he... sparkles? The movie version is much more muted metal.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Robocop is too shiny. It's a weird complaint, but it's what I was worried of from the first screenshots, and here we are. He doesn't fit into the surroundings, he... sparkles? The movie version is much more muted metal.
the lore says he polished himself up for his first appearence in a mortal kombat game....