What's new

The remaining character reveals: Let's play the logic game.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Jax being in. Does nobody remember Boon's tweet of the two Jacks a while back? Truthfully, I don't see a reason not to put him in since it's pretty obvious Sonya won't make the cut.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Remaining characters should be:
Fujin, Reiko, Tanya, I'd like to see Frost, a couple more characters from MK4 and on.
AND THE REST COMPLETELY NEW

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Not trying to a be a dick, but the point of the thread wasn't your wants or your favorite picks. It was about logical reasoning. There's other threads based on wants.
And my point is logic be damned I want the character. Besides you want logic? The lin kuei needs more representatives.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Got a strongggggg feeling Cyrax and Sektor will be in as one character with the 3 varies they could pull it off well. Sekrax - Cytor or sum shit ..I thinkthat would shake shit up and add a interesting plot in story mode

Also Kang is most likely in..He was mentioned in a few endings in arcade mode of MK9 granted about 90% of those aren't canon, I think they were throwing some type of hint at us.. Kang was basically the light and hope in the first trilogy being as Ed wanted MKX to be darker and more gritty what better way to express that then having the main man turn out evil this time around..He is too important in the OG story to just toss aside.

Kenshi we basically seen his fatality in Mokap

I hope that Nightwolf or atleast a descended of him is in..He played an important part in the MK story as well one of the purest cats in the game

Last Tsung might sneak that ass in the roster he is the scum of the MK uni, so especially with the new dirty , gritty direction the game is going in I don't see how they could leave the dirties character of all out.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lets play the logic game, here is one:

"Hey Boon, lets make a new char in MKA, lets not add him in MK9, lets make a new char for MK9 instead, lets not add him in MKX! despiting the char having a good background to be anything we like."

I now have a quarrel with you.

Fuck logic, give me Skarlet so i can see the sun shine again.
Nobody likes Skarlet, give up.

Very good point, neither of Ermacs fatalities had that animation.

@Pig Of The Hut

JDM

Noob
Based on Logical reasoning:

Liu Kang
Shang
Shinnok
Fujin

Edit: I forgot about that Mocap picture boon tweeted a while back. Kenshi is highly, highly likely as well.

Are the most likely imo.

The reason I could guess, but those 4 I'd be shocked if they weren't in.

Other Guesses:Cyrax/Sektor, Cage (In an interview a few months ago, the guy asked if you could play Cassie against Johnny and he said yes), Sonya, Mileena, then probably new characters for the rest.

I'd be content with that roster. I really want Rain in but it seems highly unlikely at this point :'(

Dark

Noob
Don't think Jarek and Kai have a better chance than Tanya when it comes to MK4. Simply because of how unpopular they are compared to her.

what was the name of that drunken master guy in MK? wouldnt it be cool if he would be in mkx? just sayin this because Iam a huge fan of jackie chan drunken master lol - would play him as secondary for sure

Shang Tsung
Liu Kang
Shinnok
Fujin
Erron Black
Noob
Sektor
Cyrax
Takeda
Rain
Mileena

these are my guesses based on story,comic and tweets!! Dlc will be Baraka, Smoke and Tremor

7 newcomers are enough imo

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
There could be some logic applied when we thought deaths from MK9 acctually mattered. Now... anything can happen.
I would love to see back:

- Noob: If the new Sub is Bi-Han (and I hope it is), it has to be explained what happened to Kuai and Noob. So it's pretty safe to bet we'll at least see Noob in story mode. Also he's liked by many MK fans and has THE names.
- Smoke: Kung Lao and Kitana are alive again. Why not him. Noob-Smoke kombo again maybe? Should there be no tag matches in MKX (not sure if it's confirmed) they could be a replacement.
- Cyrax and Sektor: because some cyber ninjas have to be in.
- Baraka (or other tarkatan - because at least one tarkatan should be in)
- Frost: I challenge you NRS to make her something more then copy paste of awesome SubZ. She has awsome story in original timeline and holds lots of potential. Simply re-make a bit and bring her in.
- Erron Black: he looks too kool.
- Mileena: obviously.
- Fujin: two gods in one game. How cool would be that.
- Whomever.

gosoxtim

Noob
Got a strongggggg feeling Cyrax and Sektor will be in as one character with the 3 varies they could pull it off well. Sekrax - Cytor or sum shit ..I thinkthat would shake shit up and add a interesting plot in story mode

Also Kang is most likely in..He was mentioned in a few endings in arcade mode of MK9 granted about 90% of those aren't canon, I think they were throwing some type of hint at us.. Kang was basically the light and hope in the first trilogy being as Ed wanted MKX to be darker and more gritty what better way to express that then having the main man turn out evil this time around..He is too important in the OG story to just toss aside.

I hope that Nightwolf or atleast a descended of him is in..He played an important part in the MK story as well one of the purest cats in the game

Last Tsung might sneak that ass in the roster he is the scum of the MK uni, so especially with the new dirty , gritty direction the game is going in I don't see how they could leave the dirties character of all out.
i think the mokap was for takeda and he might replace him and the bow person might nightwolf decendent maybe even his daughter and i dont liu kang is the big bad

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Liu Kang (final boss, maybe resurrected by Quan Chi or another sorcerer to end the war in Outworld).

Shinnok: he has to be mentioned in the story, at least; I dare say he's going to be playable, since there will be no Shang Tsung this time.

Reiko: he's holding Mileena in a very amorous way in issue number four of the comic-book, so I'd say he's her lover, at least, therefore an important character; also, let us not forget that Ed Boon mentioned a returning character who wasn't in MK 9 (I want to think he wasn't referring to Shinnok, who is too obvious).

Mileena: as she's at war with Kotal Kahn for the throne of Outworld, she's obviously a main character.

Erron Black: in the comic-book, he's introduced as one of the most important warriors of Kotal Kahn, along with D'Vorah.

Cyrax and Sektor: the people at NetherRealm Studios know most of us want them there (if not all of us), and they absolutely like the money.

Takeda or Kenshi: Ed Boon posted a picture on twitter that made a lot of us think about Kenshi; now, in the comic-books we also have his son Takeda, so maybe it's going to be him; anyway, since Ermac could be considered Kenshi's arch enemy (especially now that it's that way on MK Legacy), it seems logical that either him or his son is playable.

As for the rest I have no idea.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
As far as I'm concerned, characters from the full retard MK games are the same ones they should be bringing back. If they're set on "rebooting" shit, these are the prime targets. Of course some people can't see beyond the tips of their own nerdboners and will say shit like "nobody cares about characterfromMKD/DA/A", ignoring that that's because nobody ever had a reason to. I like brand new characters as much as anybody else, especially considering MK9 was really lacking in that department, but I'll stand proudly by the logic that characters from MK's superduperherpaderp period should have priority over everyone else except the staples.

Maybe this is a hold over because I'm pissed off my main didn't carry over to GG Xrd in the name of rebooting and "what if there was a lion guy and a chibi with a ?" But whatever, logic game, here's the list:

Fujin
Erron Black
Probably gonna get at least Cyrax
Failing that the cyborg of MKX will be Smoke "reconstituted" in a robot because of reasons
If he's not a cyborg, regular Smoke will be in because of reasons
Mileena is coming back, don't even pretend you're nervous
Bo Rai Cho is entirely possible and everyone needs to deal
Liu Kang will be in because it's like the law or something
Noob is possible but like... eh, could go either way.
Johnny and Sonya are probably not going to happen.

Check back on this list in like three weeks.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Man i am so sick that they havent released an mk4 char yet i mean it must be the mk4 timperiod. Unless the have changed everything. I hope Reiko really makes the cut.

Also i really doubt that nightwolf will make it since he is not that wanted. :/
Quan Chi is in.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
How many spots are supposed to be left?

11?

So I think it would go something like...

1. Liu Kang
2. MIleena
3. Takeda (The New Kenshi)
4. Erron Black (The New Stryker)
5. New Character
6. New Character
7. Shinnock
8. Fujin
9. Noob/Smoke (They both supposedly died and could possibly have been resurrected or fused together... they could be another ferra torr type character one variation with shadows, one with smoke and deception, one with fused abilities... could be cool)
10. New Version of Nightwolf (bow dude that has been shown)
11. Shang? (I don't really think he's gonna be in... but I think his powers are the absolute coolest in the mk universe. What with having to steal souls of fallen warriors to keep himself alive and when he does this he is able to morph into them. That's pretty cool imo and it would be a shame to lose it.)