What's new

The remaining character reveals: Let's play the logic game.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Sektor is the only character yet to be announced that I really hope is in the game. I'd prefer a new rendition of Robo-Smoke though, I've always loved that version of him. If I was betting man I'd put money on Shang and Lui making a return just because of their overall place in the games history.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
MKD was awesome in every way. The tone, the fighting styles, the art, the music, Noob Smoke as a sub boss, online!!! That game as all kinds of innovative and zombie liu kang was my favorite form of kang
The story, and new characters had all nuked the fridge though. They're useless to the new MK continuity. That's why I believe we will see none of those characters in MKX. I'm not out to debate MKD, just saying the characters have no logical place in MKX.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade are protagonists.
Cassie Cage is a protagonist and their daughter.
It will not give you the option to kill your parents or your daughter on this game when they are both protagonists.

Other than that, characters that may return:
Fujin (high possibility)
Mileena (Kitana and Mileena go hand in hand anyways)
Shinnok (maybe...looking more dim now)
Bo Rai Cho (dim)
Kenshi (if not his son)

Hehateme

Noob
Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade are protagonists.
Cassie Cage is a protagonist and their daughter.
It will not give you the option to kill your parents or your daughter on this game when they are both protagonists.
What???
They already said you can perform fatalities on family members. I think they even used Cassie and Johnny as examples.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I really want frost. Blah blah female sub zero blah blah... I still want her in the game.
Not trying to a be a dick, but the point of the thread wasn't your wants or your favorite picks. It was about logical reasoning. There's other threads based on wants.

kevkopdx

Noob
dont you think that logically speaking, there should be at least 3 more female characters? and if so, who would you speculate?

Yeah but having Cyrax without Sektor is weird imo. I thought they'd either bring the two or get a new robot all together.
Yeah I agree, which is why I said Cyrax and Sektor, but they might opt out of the pair. Maybe they might do another cyber ninja, and make it a recurring theme for a few games? Cyber $c0rp!0n would be fun, or cyber reptile.

I don't know why I thought Smoke, but I just had a gut feeling they'd pick robot Smoke over C&S.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
THIS IS NO LOGIC T_T If this is logic, then we should go back to what ed said, this game will have new characters more than any other mk game, so basically we need at least 11 to be more than MK deception, 2nd he said it's not a reskin for MK9 and it's a freaking NEW GENERATION MK characters, everyone is guessing for Kabal and Stryker! Wth -_- I say Shinnok Mileena and Fujin max will make it as returning characters and Liu Kang will be the "big bad" the rest will be NEW and if I'm wrong then this is just a reskin for mk9

MK4:
Kai (Part of White Lotus, therefore possible to see because of ties to Raiden, Kung Lao and Liu Kang)
Jarek (Last of the Black Dragon. Kano is in, and it's the future. Definitely a possibility.)
Fujin (High probability. Already featured in comics. Strong ties to Raiden.)
Reiko (Shinnok's General. Depending on Shinnoks involvement in this game considering Shinnok was at the end of MK9. Low probability.)
Shinnok (Unless NRS is keen on just forgetting about the way MK9 ended, we WILL see this character)
sorry, but what about tanya? she is also one of the most popular post mk 3 chars. from mk4 im betting fujin, tany, shinnok (and quan chi)

if i had to guess my locks would be:

shinnok
tanya
fujin
shang tsung
liu kang
takeda
erron black
bo rai cho
Mileena
Guy with bow from boon tweet (not nightwolf)

further:
one of the jax family (i dont really believe in jaqcui, she seems to random design-wise)
as there are Tarkatans in the game and hes pretty uniqe, Baraka
for Cyborg duties and boons relish tweet cyrax/sektor

id be pretty happy with this selection, i think guys like smoke and noob could be DLC

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
dont you think that logically speaking, there should be at least 3 more female characters? and if so, who would you speculate?
So far we have Cassie, Kitana, Dvorah.

Hypothetically, lets say MKX has 24 characters at launch. I fully believe we'll get Mileena and Jacqui making for 5 female characters out of 24. That's 21% of the cast. MK9 launched with 28 people in the cast, 6 female. Also 21%. I guess you could kinda add Ferra. That little pygmy shit is a female right? so technically that's 5.5 females in MKX making for 23% female cast at launch.

TLDR: Jacqui and Mileena

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
sorry, but what about tanya? she is also one of the most popular post mk 3 chars. from mk4 im betting fujin, tany, shinnok (and quan chi)

if i had to guess my locks would be:

shinnok
tanya
fujin
shang tsung
liu kang
takeda
erron black
bo rai cho
Mileena
Guy with bow from boon tweet (not nightwolf)

further:
one of the jax family (i dont really believe in jaqcui, she seems to random design-wise)
as there are Tarkatans in the game and hes pretty uniqe, Baraka
for Cyborg duties and boons relish tweet cyrax/sektor

id be pretty happy with this selection, i think guys like smoke and noob could be DLC
I was very on the fence with Tanya. There's always a possibility. Your list is very good.

Elder God

Power!
MK9: Liu Kang, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Millena, Sonya, Jonny Cage, Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke or Rain.
MK4: Fujin, Shinnok, Reiko, maybe Tanya.
MKDA: Only Bo Rai Cho.
MKD: Nobody
MKX HQ: Takeda, Erron Black.
MKX Rumors: Kung Jin, Salazar.
Keep the rest out.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think if we're looking at things from a logical standpoint, gameplay possibilities are going to be at the forefront of what determines who makes the cut or not. For example, someone like Shang Tsung probably lends himself better to the variation system since one can focus on morphing, one on fireball/skull zoning, and so forth. I just think they'd find a way to get him in the story way sooner than they'd give us someone who might be easier to write into the game but would lAck as much potential in terms of actually being a playable character.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I thought Kenshi was all but confirmed? They want the comic to tie in to the game.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Here's my opinion of characters.

Sonya/Cage: neither need to return and having seen how Cassie plays I don't want them to return.
Jax: they might make him Cassie's godfather or something. I think he has to be there for many reasons.
Smoke/Rain: they are not really such fan favorites that leaving 'em out would cause chaos.
Noob: now he IS a fan favorite and he needs to make it.
Shang Tsung: he is far too good a character to be left out of any MK game.
Cyrax/Sektor: I'm very fond of these two guys, Sektor in particular. But I have a bad feeling they might not make it. I think either both will make it or neither. They are not necessarily "needed" for the story but it'll be sad if they don't make it. I'll be sad anyway.
Shinnok: his presence could do wonders for the story and people want to play a revamped version of him.
Liu Kang: I feel he is very important to the story.
Mileena/Jade/Baraka: neither of them is essential although Mileena does feel quite unique. I like Jade more though.
Kenshi: not really needed although I like him.
Sheeva/Kintaro/Stryker : no need whatsoever.
Nightwolf/ Sindel: both are characters I like but they are in serious need of some magic. Neither is essential.
Motaro: now if this guy makes it that'll be awesome but he is always unlikely to.
Onaga: would be cool to have him as a boss.
MK4 characters: only Fujin would be worth a spot, otherwise they are best left out, even Tanya.
MKDA characters: leave 'em all out.
MKD: I kinda liked Ashrah and Hotaru but I'm not sure if they'd be worth it.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I don't know if this is necessarily "logical", but I can't imagine Tanya NOT being in the game.

-Very popular female character originating from MK4
-Storyline wise is directly associated with/has worked for Shinnok and Quan Chi
-Female villain
-Is Edenian and has betrayed Kitana in the past
-Was in the background of MK9 (which tells me that they haven't forgotten about the character)