What's new

The remaining character reveals: Let's play the logic game.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Okay, let's talk dark and gritty.

Why are people so obsessed with Erron Black? I don't see anything "badass" about him (as of yet, at least), his design looks silly and just thinking about a ninja Django makes me laugh. Anyway, it's just my personal opinion.

But he may appear in the game, tho. I think it's possible because so far Kotal Kahn is lacking allies (besides D'vorah and Ferra/Torr), so...

As some user pointed a few pages back, I think it's important to NRS to take all those characters who were shitty but had potential, and give them a good re-incarnation!! Of course I'm leaving out total disasters like Kira, Dairou, Hsu Hao (thank god he died in the comics), Mavado (rofl at his name), Kobra...

So far we know that after MK9 some Netherrealm War happened, and apparently brought back some deceased characters. I wonder how many of these characters are coming back.
From the MK4-era I think we'll see Shinnok as the puppeteer behind the scenes. I think he's not going to be the final boss, I think he'll manipulate people and events to reach his goal and maybe eventually will fight someone but I don't see him being the Shao Kahn of MKX.
Fujin might be a safe bet, because following the dark tone of the series I believe that Raiden will become the main villain this time. He's fucking up everything, loosing his sanity and I don't trust him about the kamidogu. Perhaps he's mad and thinks that he can re-write history the way he wants. Fujin needs to gather together the new Earth warriors (old Kung Lao, Cassie, Jacquie, Takeda, Hanzo!) and stop him.
If Liu Kang is back, he might be a villain too. Feeling betrayed by Raiden, angry at everything, he may be the new sidekick of Quan Chi. Sorry, but I think Noob Saibot is no more, either died in the Soulnado or Bi-Han was released.

I'm not sure about the Onaga storyline from the original timeline. I don't think we'll go down that road again. Besides, his storyline involved kamidogu and other realms, and I don't see that kind of stuff making it to MKX. As far as I can tell, the MKX storyline is about a power struggle inside Outworld and the consequences of the Netherrealm Wars that had weakened the realms, so top priority is to protect the Earth from Quan Chi.

Sadly, that's why I left out characters like Darrius, Nitara and Ashrah. They have great potential, but right now is not their time.

I see Reiko coming back. We know he is power-hungry and would love to become the new Shao Kahn. I think he's moving the strings behind Mileena, because let's face it: She's a psychopath, I don't think she has any leadership capacity nor the strong hand of Shao Kahn. Reiko is a general, he knows military stuff and is probably doing everything to defeat Kotal through Mileena. Once Mileena claims the throne, two options: a) Reiko stages a coup and becomes the emperor // b) Reiko uses Mileena as a puppet to reign over Outworld.

I discard Rain and Tanya because I don't see Edenia having anything to do in the storyline of this game. Those belong to political intrigues and edenian stuff related to greater things. I mean, if this storyline were about multiple Realms being in danger, sure, Edenia is one of them. But it's not the case.

Skarlet seems much more likely. In the first place, I think they should go with her just like they went with Ermac. They were born from rumours and were never intended to exist. Now both exist, and Skarlet was created for MK9, so her design and relevance to the story is way more linked to this new era than lots of other characters.
Of course she needs a new (and better) outfit, and maybe some redesigns here and there; but pretty much fits with this dark and gritty stuff right from the beginning.

About Cyrax and Sektor. Don't go so fast. We don't know if Sub-Zero is fighting the Tekunin in the comics, so maybe Sektor dies and that's it.
If you remember MK Gold, Cyrax joined Sonya and Jax after they helped him to be free. Later on, Cyrax joined forces with Nitara. Okay. In this new storyline, Cyrax still is evil. And he wasn't even hinted in the comics where Sonya appeared in the HQ, so I doubt the MK Gold stuff happened. Cyrax has no reason to be Sektor's enemy.
So, maybe they both die in the comics (by the hand of Sub-Zero).... or both appear in the game as villains. In MK9 they swore loyalty to Shao Kahn, but since he died I don't know if they're still in league with the Outworld, I don't know if they feel to take part in the on going conflict. They made a deal with Shao Kahn, once he died, "that's it! Lets get to our business!"

And if this could be?... remember how Injustice had "other characters" in the form of new skins? Like John Stewart or Hank Henshaw? Well, what if a selectable character is "Lin Kuei" and the three variations are Sektor, Cyrax and (some other robot, maybe Smoke robot or some shit). Just an idea!

About Frost: I really hope she's in. They could have killed her in the comics and so far they didn't. Maybe in this new storyline she takes the place of Cyrax as the evil character who joins the OIA.

My list of the remaning 11:

1. Jacquie
2. Erron Black
3. Takeda
4. Frost
5. Reiko
6. Fujin
7. Liu Kang
8. Skarlet
9. Mileena
10. Shinnok
11. "Lin Kuei" (variations Sektor, Cyrax, Cyber Smoke) // or Shang Tsung perhaps?

How can Shang Tsung be back? He was disintegrated by Shao Kahn to be assimilated by Sindel. So when Sindel died and became one of Quan Chi's warriors, what happened to Shang Tsung? was he still imprisoned inside Sindel? was he freed by Quan Chi? why would he do that? I kinda think Shang Tsung is gone for good.

Oh, I don't believe the rumours about Salazar, Kung Jin (sounds like some North Korea dictator lol) or Ron Tan Cho. According to the rumour, Salazar basically is Kano; Kung Jin might be the new descendant of the Great Kung Lao and take the name, so in a way he could be in the game, and Ron Tan Cho just sounds too silly.

Well, that's it. Sorry for my shitty english, I did my best.