What's new

"The Regime" vs "The Insurgency", which side are YOU on?

Which side are you on?

• I fight for Batman, I Am The Insurgency!

Votes: 62 64.6%
  • I fight for Superman, I Am The Regime!

Votes: 34 35.4%

• Total voters

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I'm on Superman's side until I decide otherwise. From what I've seen of the Regime, it's not really a dictatorship. It's more or less Superman putting a stop to villains who keep f*cking escaping their asylums, and eliminating crime as a whole. I don't have a problem with this, and the fact that Batman does, seems to make me less inclined to side with him.

GGA Max

Great thread.

Although I think Superman's happy boyscout feel is cheesy. I have a hunch that more meta-powered beings will be on his side (which is my fancy). While Batman's side will have the technology-man-made-weapon fighters. Which almost ties into them defending man from oppression.

Amazon

Noob
I am on the side of the Regime...and despite the EMO superman and his rage, the TRUE enforcer here is Wonder Woman. She will always fight for the truth and justice, but SHE is the true iron fist here.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Superman has always been one of my most favorite super heroes. And the reason why is described in Kill Bill V2. When Superman wakes up, he's still Superman, he has to put on the costume of Clark Kent. A lot of the other super heroes, including Batman, don't wake up as Batman. They put on a costume and become Batman, when Batman wakes up, he's Bruce Wayne.

This obviously has nothing to do with The Regime vs The Insurgency, but I've always admired that distinction. So, I will always be on Superman's side.

Superman has always been one of my most favorite super heroes. And the reason why is described in Kill Bill V2. When Superman wakes up, he's still Superman, he has to put on the costume of Clark Kent. A lot of the other super heroes, including Batman, don't wake up as Batman. They put on a costume and become Batman, when Batman wakes up, he's Bruce Wayne.

This obviously has nothing to do with The Regime vs The Insurgency, but I've always admired that distinction. So, I will always be on Superman's side.
Interesting, I remember hearing something similar in a movie but I think it went a little different and I'm almost sure it wasn't Kill Bill 2.. The character mentions "You know why Super man is my favorite superheroe? Because he is a real superheroe. When he wakes up in the morning he hides his identity and pretends to be an ordinary man. The other superheroes wake up as ordinary men and pretend to be superheroes." ..

I can't remember the movie but I'm almost 100% sure it wen;t something like that LOL.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Interesting, I remember hearing something similar in a movie but I think it went a little different and I'm almost sure it wasn't Kill Bill 2.. The character mentions "You know why Super man is my favorite superheroe? Because he is a real superheroe. When he wakes up in the morning he hides his identity and pretends to be an ordinary man. The other superheroes wake up as ordinary men and pretend to be superheroes." ..

I can't remember the movie but I'm almost 100% sure it wen;t something like that LOL.
Dude that's Kill Bill v2.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
How is Superman arrogant? I'm legit confused at this.
Oh not Superman in general, in general he is humble as... humble pie. It's what makes him Superman y'know? Although that being said New 52 Superman is a bit of an arrogant ass sometimes.

But ingame/regime Superman clearly thinks its better that he rule over mankind, and like most dictators he comes off as arrogant.

Some criminals do take their second chance turn a new leaf and become good or at the very least decent people after serving their time.These guys are proof that people can change. But then you have guys who prove that just because people can change doesn't mean they all will. Joker should have been put down a long time ago, if no by the "heroes" then at the very least by the state. Keeping the dude alive puts more lives at risk then killing him would.

I'm on neither side. While I don't agree with Batman's "never kill, everyone can change" bullshit I also don't agree with Superman's "law & order must be maintained even at the cost of freedom" bullshit.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
I'm not going to appose Superman and his army of people as super as he is. The Regime for me.

Plus it's not like I'm a criminal so I think I'm good.