What's new

"The Regime" vs "The Insurgency", which side are YOU on?

Which side are you on?

• I fight for Batman, I Am The Insurgency!

Votes: 62 64.6%
  • I fight for Superman, I Am The Regime!

Votes: 34 35.4%

• Total voters

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Definitely the Insurgency, and not just because I am a huge Batman fan.

Even though Superman's side makes some good points, about criminals getting away with too much, and too many lives lost because they don't kill them...I think they take it too far. To the point of policing things to the point where freedoms and rights are taken away, and that's something I don't agree with. Dictatorship is not the answer. No one man/group should have complete power and control. It shouldn't be governed with fear. So I side with the Insurgency.

I doubt they would even see him as a threat seeing who all is on their side. So he will probably be with Batman.
Might explain why he was fighting Wonder Woman in that trailer. And might explain why Nightwing would go against the Insurgency. If there's one villain that Dick Grayson hates with a passion, it's Slade Wilson.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
No one can save the world because in so doing you become responsible for the continued welfare of every country you try to save from itself. People go from being protected to being kept like pets who are only allowed so much freedom but not allowed to argue over anything. There are tyrants, yes. There are warmongers and there are people who are just evil. However, forcing peace at the cost of freedom to this degree will never work. The steps you would have to take to keep such a peace would be drastic. People will argue and fight for their culture, their religion, for simply the right to be different...you cannot stop this. The act of trying to would force such brutality from you to attempt to force all to dare not try again that people would go from being unique and full of potential to just drones.

You may be able to avert tragedy and to stop violence, but there is no one who can rule over everyone in perfect peace because everyone is different and demanding their own particular kind of world as their ideal world to live in. To try and force people to stop striving for such differences in a world brings the world to a standstill and kills it.

I am for the Insurgency. Dogs need put down, but trying to put the world in a bottle will not work. A kid may get hurt if they take risks. A man may make mistakes if they take risks. However, neither will learn if they are never allowed to make mistakes. You can't force a better way onto people. You have to teach them why some things are wrong. Bullying them will not do anything but harbor resentment from people.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Well fucking put. *applause*
What can I say? I've written several short stories and have a design in place for a comic like that. I've been working on it since I started college honestly and now after 3 years I'm still putting it off to work on indie game development.

What else can you expect from a guy who reads Mark Waid.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Batman: Doing what needs to be done, except what needs to be done.

I thought it was pretty clear that Superman is the bad guy in all of this though. Not voting because... just no.

trufenix

bye felicia
in all fairness anyone could have/should have killed the joker by now, Batman just isnt a murderer so he wont be the one to do it
The Joker has killed or seriously wounded just about every other member of the bat family who has tried to take him down, Nightwing fuckin' killed him and Batman saved his life. There is no redeeming Batman.

Break his legs or spine.
Gordon shot him in the kneecap, that didn't stop him. Seriously, I hate seeing this argument pop up. "Batman should kill Joker!" No. He shouldn't. He would be no better than those he hunts if he did that. If any one is at fault, it's the Gotham City justice system for not putting the clown in the chair. Or maybe it's our fault because THE JOKER IS POPULAR. Seriously. That's the only reason he didn't die soon after his first appearance. People latched onto him, he became an archnemesis, and he endured.