What's new

The Reason GA's Arrows do 0.1% on chip, 1% on hit.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
NW can control the game full screen with sparks and shit, if you get mid screen, wingdings and if you somehow manage to get close enough flying grayson. A rushdown NW loses, a zoning NW completely destroys GA.

MMH completely shuts down whatever GA tries to do, it's not even funny. The punish you get for his shit is minimal compared to what he gets for risking it all the time. You load an arrow? Teleport. You shoot an arrow? Teleport. You dash in? Super normal with a 10 mile reach. Jimmypotato can explain this better than I can.

Superman you can make a case out of, but at the end of the day, you cannot throw arrows all day to save your life. You screw up once you get 1/4 of your life gone. He screws up *knockdown 1% gone*. Up close, his game is way better than GAs and in corner his damage is ridiculous.

Raven is a massive pain in the butt. If you even think about holding 4 she's already punishing you. Keep away Ravens like Ducky's completely body Arrow, since he can't get in, and he doesn't have any fast midscreen punishers.

KF you need to chase. She outzones GA with Iceberg so don't even think about taking arrows out. If you come in it's a guess between F3 and Slide, she obviously has all the broken stuff, but since half of GAs game is off, you're limited to rushing down. Where he loses.

You cannot throw arrows at Batgirl either, her rushdown is better, her 5050s are better, her jump ins beat even Arrow's j1. She's a pain in the ass HUH.

Mr. Mileena and AspyxiaDyslexia-, does Zatanna lose to GA?
No, i have it as 5-5, against a good GA. But if someones does have advantage that's Zatanna.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I have a nice amount of experience vs reo's MMH and that match is practically unwinnable. The short explanation is it's a total struggle to get in and when you do he can push you out with no effort when trait is active. Add in a mostly safe teleport (why did they buff it to hit people out of the air??) and it's a total mess for arrow. It's not even fun to play the match up. GA's worse matchup by far imo.

As of now this character does have a lot of bad match ups. 4-6's aren't so bad but he has a nice amount of them as well as a few 3-7's. I would call MMH a 2-8 match.

Scoot Magee

And I don't really try to up play lol, I'm just being optimistic here. I think we should just play more before coming to a final conclusion.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Mr. Mileena and AspyxiaDyslexia-, does Zatanna lose to GA?
lol when did i say she loses to him? it's prolly a 5-5 if not slight advantage for green rat. so basically what you're saying is it's an injustice (see what i did there) that his arrows do so little chip, but you don't have a suggestion for what chip they should do, and this character is so bad that increasing the chip would have no effect on his matchups. correct?

Scoot Magee

Did you now that if I'm full screen and I throw an arrow followed by another one, and you do a Lance Blast, even if I manage to block it I'd have taken 1.88% of chip (7% if I don't) while you'll take 1.1% of damage? You can literally outzone GA with Lance Blast e____________________e.

If I load arrow, you have enough time to get your armor trait lol
But if he gets his armor trait from full screen away you can just hold an arrow until he tries to move. Lex with armor from full screen (outside of a knockdown) won't really get him anything without losing his armor.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I guess my question is how would this fix Green Arrow?

Disclaimer: I dont know if he sucks or is great, so im not giving an opinion, just asking the question to see what everyone thinks. From the outside looking in...a 1 button 4 percent low or high projectile seems really good. Harleys is 4 and she cant do it in one button.

But, is 2 percent still too low? And how would this fix the other stated problems? If the problem is his short range normals, or useless plus frames, how does an extra percent or two on regular arrow fix that?

Just asking to try and get some clarity, not telling anyone rhey are wrong or right.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Green Arrow does not need to keepaway or zone.
He has the 2nd best forward dash in the game for a reason. (Seriously, test it against Flash's.)
They are there only to occasionally stuff a move an opponent is trying to do to you, or pretend to play keepaway, when you're actually looking for the opponent to open themselves up when they get impatient for no reason and try to "get in on Green Arrow"..
Think about Green Arrow as a comic book personality... NRS will not make him even a semi-zoner.. he's Green Arrow, and he beats opponents only by out-thinking them and mixing them up.
(Obligatory "CHRIS G WINS WITH HIM Lol0OololoLOol"

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
We have a resident GA player here in Michigan, Shin Ryujin. From our humble research, GA is a jack of all trades, master of none.
Green Arrow: used to control space, annoy the opponent, keep them in check, regardless the damage done.
Fire: At 8%, its a decently damaging projectile, ideal for the projectile wars. Long to mid range.
Electric: 5%. Grants a longer hitstun and a slower fall if it tags them out of the air. Has the furthest angle if shot downward from his jump. Also travels the fastest, I believe. Long to mid, sometimes close range.
Ice: 0% It freezes you, allowing follow up. Mid to close range.
Depending on where he is on the stage and how the opponent is playing, he has an arrow for each occassion.

His strength lies in his versatility. The different ways to shoot his arrows, the properties, the mobility he keeps while he holds the arrow, the ability to cancel it. All of these options add up to a very solid character, imo. I understand anyone who is looking for a clear way to play him. Upping the damage on the green arrow would indicate he is to be played as a zoner. From the current damage, I think a zoning GA is what they were intentionally trying to avoid. I think the true intention of GA is to counter other zoners. He can hit a button on reaction to other character's projectiles and 8% (fire) is pretty decent compared to others. The more damaging projectiles (Heat zap, for instance) can be ducked and arrowed. As stated before, once an arrow connects, he as that momentum to keep shooting them. Regardless the damage, they are still annoying to block. GA has many ways to load an arrow safely and when used properly, he is a great character. High tier? I wouldn't say that. But then again, I don't think anyone who mains him does so for that reason anyway.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Oh, yeah, by the way- Ducking arrows are rad now, remember?
And your Positive on block 3/4ths screen slide?
And the second best forward dash?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
That burned slide is a low/overhead and takes 15% which isn't bad for a checking an opponents block, reloads on hit, pushes them back, etc.. I hate that move..

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Ducking arrows did helped him in match ups like Joker and HQ.
Positive with a bar that doesn't allow any follow ups.
They keep saying "second best forward dash" even though you guys have 0 info on that. What about Sup, Batgirl, Grundy, DD, Flash... And so what, GA has no low launchers so there really isn't any fear of him getting in.
I guess my question is how would this fix Green Arrow?

Disclaimer: I dont know if he sucks or is great, so im not giving an opinion, just asking the question to see what everyone thinks. From the outside looking in...a 1 button 4 percent low or high projectile seems really good. Harleys is 4 and she cant do it in one button.

But, is 2 percent still too low? And how would this fix the other stated problems? If the problem is his short range normals, or useless plus frames, how does an extra percent or two on regular arrow fix that?

Just asking to try and get some clarity, not telling anyone rhey are wrong or right.
It wouldn't, but it'd make that strat viable.
But if he gets his armor trait from full screen away you can just hold an arrow until he tries to move. Lex with armor from full screen (outside of a knockdown) won't really get him anything without losing his armor.
Losing his armor but getting in with whatever he has. J3, Corps Charge, whatever.
I think Green Arrow is number one!
Me too but he sucks ;_;
Before someone mentions the Ares matchup, it's even for now.
Yeah I don't have many issues against Ares.

He put it up cause she looks like you.
what's the point of this thread? i was expecting YOU to explain why his arrow chip is so bad because you're the one who uses him, but instead you want us to answer, and when someone does explain it, we get attitude and a gif from some ghetto reality tv show. what do you want from us? i like her eyebrows though i should do mine like hers.

7L

Heads up!
See I told you GA sucks #Kappa AK Pig Of The Hut 7L
Stop downplaying the character you don't play :((( Brb, making top 8 with pre patch bottom 3 characters ;D

But seriously. The character is solid. If you all think he's horrid, fine, so be it. I see his potential. He's fine the way he is, he needs to buffs. He can compete. He's not as great as the top tiers, but he can compete with them nevertheless.

He won't body them 6-4, 7-3, but he won't lose badly to them. Downplaying rant over, stay on the chip rant about his arrows people (which are also fine).

Scoot Magee

It wouldn't, but it'd make that strat viable.

Losing his armor but getting in with whatever he has. J3, Corps Charge, whatever.
I think the main problem in the Lex match for GA is his armor. If you take his armor away he is nowhere near has hard to deal with. Corps charge becomes risky to throw out as well.

I think Lex does have an advantage in this match but with good use of arrows and corner pressure I think GA has a good shot. My main goal is usually to just get the life lead and lame him out as much as I can. If you corner him he can have a really hard time getting out.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Invincibility and recovery frames.

PS: Not sure if troll post but I answered it..
It was a serious post. The GA we have here never backdashes and it's the most annoying thing ever. Works extremely well for him in most backdashable situations.