What's new

The REAL Johnny Cage Match Up Chart

davidovitch

In Europe!
I wouldn't be surprised if there are 8-2 match-ups in this game (Kabal vs Kenshi seems a good contender) but it will take a while, perhaps even years, before enough is known about this game to be able to call match-ups with certainty.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Most of you guys doubting Cage haven't played Curbo, Maxter, or Foxy in an offline setting. Your opinions will change as soon as you realize how hard it is to actually keep this character away from you and deal with his game up close.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I wouldn't be surprised if there are 8-2 match-ups in this game (Kabal vs Kenshi seems a good contender) but it will take a while, perhaps even years, before enough is known about this game to be able to call match-ups with certainty.
Thank you.

here's my opinion...:D.

JUST FIGHT.
JUST FUCKING FIGHT.
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.
So what if your matchup sucks?
No one in this game is impossible to beat, or they'd be taking home every trophy in sight.
If everyone's got such a loathing fear of the powers of Cage, then that's where you focus.
In a game that's more or less being built foundations-wise in footsies and small ball, where better to level up your game and prepare for the rest of the cast than by training in dilligence to fight the fucking chest-tattooed, sunglasses-out-the-ass, arrogant son of a bitch who's sitting in a director's chair with a Burger King crown as king of that hill?
Fuck matchups and statistics. They mean next to nothing in battle.
Stick to what you know, learn your fight, step your fucking game up, and Kill The Cage.
I've been trying to perfect fighting this asshole since F32 Nut Punch still worked.
If at ECT, I run into a Mike Metroid or a Reo (lucky bastard's gonna be in Anaheim anyway :D ), and they pick Cage, matchup charts mean nothing, and ultimately the person sitting next to me, I have to mentally force to mean nothing. It's not about the numbers or the opponent anymore, all I know is I'm in a fight with Johnny Cage, and he has to die.
Will I win? Who fucking knows? Apparently he's the seventh coming of MK Christ, and he'll smite me with one F3.
But I can do it. Or at least make a valiant effort to do it.
Win or lose, I know HOW to do it, it's just a matter of doing it.

You know why I think I can do it? Why Cage, in all his dirty roundness, doesn't scare me?

Because he's not Kabal.
To me, no one will ever be scarier than Kabal. Crispy asshole.
Fuck Cage.

Thank you.

JUST FIGHT.
JUST FUCKING FIGHT.
No one in this game is impossible to beat, or they'd be taking home every trophy in sight.
If everyone's got such a loathing fear of the powers of Cage, then that's where you focus.
In a game that's more or less being built foundations-wise in footsies and small ball, where better to level up your game and prepare for the rest of the cast than by training in dilligence to fight the fucking chest-tattooed, sunglasses-out-the-ass, arrogant son of a bitch who's sitting in a director's chair with a Burger King crown as king of that hill?
Stick to what you know, learn your fight, step your fucking game up, and Kill The Cage.
I've been trying to perfect fighting this asshole since F32 Nut Punch still worked.
If at ECT, I run into a Mike Metroid or a Reo (lucky bastard's gonna be in Anaheim anyway :D ), and they pick Cage, matchup charts mean nothing, and ultimately the person sitting next to me, I have to mentally force to mean nothing. It's not about the numbers or the opponent anymore, all I know is I'm in a fight with Johnny Cage, and he has to die.
Will I win? Who fucking knows? Apparently he's the seventh coming of MK Christ, and he'll smite me with one F3.

You know why I think I can do it? Why Cage, in all his dirty roundness, doesn't scare me?

Because he's not Kabal.
Fuck Cage.
I'm pretty sure the stats matter a lot, that's why he is good. Doesn't matter how pumped up you get if the dude has an answer for your character, then he has an answer for your character haha

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

NKZero

Noob
Thank you.

JUST FIGHT.
JUST FUCKING FIGHT.

Because he's not Kabal.
Fuck Cage.
the most epic piece of writing i have ever seen....ever.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm pretty sure the stats matter a lot, that's why he is good. Doesn't matter how pumped up you get if the dude has an answer for your character, then he has an answer for your character haha

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Absolutely. Don't get me wrong; on paper, a LOT of the stats the guys churn out end up being pretty accurate to dead-on. But as we've seen many times in lopsided matchups, for all the good stats can do, a skilled player can oftentimes take numbers and turn them on their numbery heads. And now that Cage has caught fire? He's gonna be like Cyrax before people figured out how to avoid the minefields in that everyone going into a show who's trying to truly prepare for the fight is going to have a go-to-strategy/character/gameplan plotted out for Johnny.
IMO, as good as he is - and he is good, really fucking good - he's gonna turn out like every other character craze: inescapable, until people figure out how to fight him.

the most epic piece of writing i have ever seen....ever.
I do my best :D.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Thank you.

JUST FIGHT.
JUST FUCKING FIGHT.

Because he's not Kabal.
Fuck Cage.
i'll be at ect this year, i main cage, i'll see you their. :cool:

Death

Noob
Only a couple play Cage at high levels while most are just ok and were exposed in the past for bad footsies and spacing. Players with shit fundamentals who main Cage will get exposed.

Espio

Kokomo
Most of you guys doubting Cage haven't played Curbo, Maxter, or Foxy in an offline setting. Your opinions will change as soon as you realize how hard it is to actually keep this character away from you and deal with his game up close.
In order for us to provide a legit opinion wouldn't we have to be at an equal level to those three? Because if we're not, they'd destroy most of us anyway, with possibly any character on the roster. Most players regardless of mains aren't on their level so that wouldn't tell us either way.

Cage is definitely top shelf good, I've never disputed that, Cage is a nightmare to fight with almost everyone.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I know for a fact I'm one of the best Cage players, I just need more match-up experience. I can't play online for shit.

LEGEND

YES!
the amount of fail in this thread is unbelievable, if half of you spent as much time training against Cage as you are talking about him he wouldn't be top 5

PS: the OP was obviously a troll

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
All it takes is Cage to touch you and you are dead meat. He can standing 1 jab you in the air catches you trying to jump away or right before landing your projectile. You jump at him or over him his B3 will get you. You try to poke him or sweep him, his F3 will lock you down. Cage is too dangerous once he is in and trying to escape is just as dangerous as getting locked down by him. All you can really do is spam him from full screen with a high/low projectile and some defensive move to keep him out like spam Sektor's Missiles then Flamethrower him trying to get in or Freddy spam him to death and Ex Teleport to retreat or even Kabal Instant Air Gasballs and Groundsaws. Anyone ever noticed Cage's walk speed and dashing forward speed, both are fast and by the looks of it, there's no way you can runaway forever from Cage especially he leads you to the corner (You need the Rooftop level LoL). He feels like Cyrax except that Cyrax is a technical robot and all it takes is 1 Green Net in resets and you're on life support in need of a Breaker. Several characters have the touch of Death: Quan Chi, Smoke, Cyrax, [Jax, Sub-Zero corner-wise].

Espio

Kokomo
I don't even focus on keeping him out so much as looking for openings to attack him, I try to stay as unpredictable as possible. He's geared towards making you panic with his pressure, also i wouldn't be jumping out of his pressure much...he has too many anti-air tools that lead to nutpunch reset etc.

Then you're back to where you started anyway. I zone to build meter and such, but most of the time I'm chilling and waiting on him to make the move because if he ex shadow kicks your zoning, you're on the floor and he has enough time to dash up anyway and start trolling. I try to bait ex shadow kick to combo punish it and go back to walking away in the opposite direction, casually like I don't care.

I came to the conclusion that he's getting in anyway unless you're Kabal, Kenshi, or Freddy(he still gets in on them sometimes), I can focus on ways to deal with him when he does come in on me, though I will zone him from full screen very cautiously.

His walk and dash speed seem quite fast too.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i can't wait till ect4 a lot of cages going, it will be my time to prove who the real johnny cage is :REO once you see me at ect you will know what i mean :)