What's new

The REAL Johnny Cage Match Up Chart

REO

Undead
We need to stop acting like this character doesn't have some of the most dominating match ups in the game. He has more 7-3s and 8-2s than people give credit for. This is what I, Insuperable, and Tom Brady agree on for what Cage's match ups are for real:

Baraka- 7/3
Cyber Sub-Zero- 6/4
Cyrax- 6/4
Ermac- 6/4
Freddy- 5/5
Jade- 6/4
Jax- 6/4
Kabal- 3/7
Kano- 8/2
Kenshi- 4/6
Kitana- 5.5/4.5
Kung Lao- 5.5/4.5
Liu Kang- 6/4
Mileena- 7/3
Nightwolf- 7/3
Noob- 5.5/4.5
Quan- 6/4
Raiden- 6/4
Rain- 5/5
Reptile- 5/5
Scorpion- 8/2
Sektor- 5/5
Shang- 5/5
Sheeva- 7/3
Sindel- 6/4
Skarlet- ???
Smoke- 6/4
Sonya- 5/5
Stryker- 7/3
Sub-Zero- 5/5

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
Tbh i can believe most of that but charts aren't really my thing. I hope this doesn't turn into a massive argument when all the mediocre cage's come in here and start downplaying everything.

I completely agree with the bad MUs and even MUs... But everything else is a little extreme in some cases.

*edit* The more I think about it, the chart really isn't that far off. I'd agree with 90% of it.

Espio

Kokomo
I really do not agree that Cage v.s. Stryker is 7-3 in Cage's favor nor Jade v.s. Cage. Those matches are 6-4 in his favor at worst for them, it's not like Stryker and Jade are virtually helpless against him, additionally Baraka, Mileena, Jax and Kano get beat that bad by him? There's a lot of 8-2's in there and 7-3's. Cage does not destroy these characters that bad imo.

From the look of this match up chart, Johhny Cage doesn't need a secondary, because he destroys everyone and has like 3 bad matches, the only people he doesn't beat or destroy is Kenshi, Kabal, and Sub-Zero according to the chart and he's almost even with Sub-Zero and is 4-6 against those two guys.

Fascinating.

NKZero

Noob
I really do not agree that Cage v.s. Stryker is 7-3 in Cage's favor nor Jade v.s. Cage. Those matches are 6-4 in his favor at worst for them, it's not like Stryker and Jade are virtually helpless against him, additionally Baraka, Mileena, Jax and Kano get beat that bad by him? There's a lot of 8-2's in there and 7-3's.

From the look of this match up chart, Johhny Cage doesn't need a secondary, because he destroys everyone and has like 3 bad matches, the only people he doesn't beat or destroy is Kenshi, Kabal, and Sub-Zero according to the chart.
it looks like it's a troll thread.

tbh i don't find it funny because the pros argue that we as a community always post shitty information and our skewed opinions mean that we will never come up with a real match up chart ONLY for them to post this load of shit? wow...

Espio

Kokomo
it looks like it's a troll thread.

tbh i don't find it funny because the pros argue that we as a community always post shitty information and our skewed opinions mean that we will never come up with a real match up chart ONLY for them to post this load of shit? wow...
lol I agree after reviewing the chart extensively and you're right I remember that criticism flying around quite a bit early on and I agree completely. Also adding the phrase REAL match up chart in caps:p.

Whether they're serious or not, these are just opinions, not factual numbers. Even if they were serious, I would continue to not believe it based on my experiences fighting Cage players from here with the aforementioned characters.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cage vs Scorpion being that bad is not as crazy as it sounds. That MU is fucked up because of the disadvantage on hit of his pokes.
I mean, I don't play him much, but it can't be THAT bad...that's a heavy hit, especially for Scorp who's always been regarded as going near-even with everyone simply due to the Vortex/Void and all those 50/50 fuckeries he's armed with.
Kano...Kano, I can almost see just because of his sluggish pace and less-than-deadly zoning. But not Scorp.

NKZero

Noob
lol I agree after reviewing the chart extensively and you're right I remember that criticism flying around quite a bit early on and I agree completely. Also adding the phrase REAL match up chart in caps:p.

Whether they're serious or not, these are just opinions, not factual numbers. Even if they were serious, I would continue to not believe it based on my experiences fighting Cage players from here with the aforementioned characters.
they cannot be serious or they must be taking some drugs that i need to know the name of! but still although its funny what allows them to do it and we cant. any of us 'commonfolk' would have a thread like this sent to the netherrealm for quan chi to use as toilet paper...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I mean, I don't play him much, but it can't be THAT bad...that's a heavy hit, especially for Scorp who's always been regarded as going near-even with everyone simply due to the Vortex/Void and all those 50/50 fuckeries he's armed with.
Kano...Kano, I can almost see just because of his sluggish pace and less-than-deadly zoning. But not Scorp.

Yeah but "he goes even with everyone because he has the vortex" has always been bullshit. It makes no sense. He can't magically put you in the vortex at will.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah but "he goes even with everyone because he has the vortex" has always been bullshit. It makes no sense. He can't magically put you in the vortex at will.
No, certainly not, but one would think the presence of it coupled along with his other tricks would be enough to get more than 2 measly points, no? Idk. I could be deathly wrong. I'm just curious as to how serious this Cage pandemic gets.

I refuse to put that prick in my pocket.