What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi The quan chi buff thread

These changes seem fair?

• Total voters

Poshib

The Artman
All these things are hypotheticals. I play a lot of the characters in that list along with Quan and trust me when I say you can't react to a rune, lol. Sonya's grenades need nerfing (deh,lol), Johnny's shadow kick gives him nothing (and actually hurts his meta in A-list to save stamina while trying to get in so you can run cancel) and by then he's usually eaten more damage than what he gives to you in the shadow kick, Kano ball is hella unsafe and needs you to not be actually Rune-ing for him to jump first (even Instant air EX), Alien is fvcking Alien (you mentioned things he does to all the cast man, we all know he needs nerfs),rune hits Mileena out of her telekick if she tries to react and is full-combo punished if you know how to time you D3 rune after the follow up Sai (although this isn't easy), Ermac is a difficult match-up (sometimes that just happens man, hold it) and in Summoner jump back skull goes over D'vorah's puddle after which you can send in a bat and punish the counter zone attempt with 34%.

NOTE: I'm not saying he wins these match-ups, it's hard to win a lot of them but it's possible. I play all of the characters in that list besides Alien and D'Vorah (but I've played the match ups a lot as well) and he can contest and is tough to deal with using the characters. You basically mentioned the top 7 in the game not mid tiers and I've said previously that that groups needs normalizing (not nerfing to the ground, normalizing).
When I mentioned the options above I was speaking more on the lines of things those characters have that can help them fight Quan. My point was that if they do get knocked back, they still have some pretty solid options to help them get back in, and when they get in it can potentially be over for Quan. Unlike them, he isn't adequately equip to deal with characters who get in his face. You understand what I mean?

Perhaps the other characters being toned down is all that needs to happen, but I do think Quan needs some slight adjustments.

- Make D1 +8 on hit and -5 on block
- Make Skydrop hit from the peak of the teleport, all the way down

Those 2 are the minimum changes I think Quan SHOULD get. Now for personal changes I would like to see.

- 21 string is now mid and no longer knocks down on hit. (Makes punishment more consistent)
- f2 is now 11 frame startup (down from 15)
- f212 is now +1 on block (up from 0)
- 12 string is now -5 on block
- 14 string is now -7 on block

Overall, I'd like Quan to be just a bit more viable up close and able to actually "fight" if put in the situation. If I want to "scrap" with my opponent I should be able to do so.

Last edited:
Never realized people acruelly replied to this thread

Just incase you guys didn't realize it was a joke.... I do however think that d1 being slightly more plus on hit and skydrop having armor all the way through something he'd need and maybe making his s1 8f instead of 9