What's new

The Problem With Deadshot

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Do you remember when it was "incredibly obvious" that CSZ was Top 3 on KP release, with the same witch hunt, regardless of how many people like myself, REO, etc tried to show you all how to fight the character? Remember how he was starting to get figured out but it didn't matter because he got bomb nerfed in less than 30 days and never recovered and was barely used for the remainder of the game? Remember how the post nerf concensus was "he wasn't as bad as we thought"? Remember how no one noticed Alien that entire time, calling him "likely low mid tier" while they complained about CSZ, and Alien turned out the most broken of all?

Remember in SFV when Dhalsim was "broken with OP zoning that needed to be nerfed ASAP"? Remember when he was considered Top 3? Remember when a couple of months passed and people realized he wasn't that great once they learned the MU and he ended up low tier?

Remember in Tekken when Claudio was easily Top 5? Remember when other characters got nerfed and he barely got touched? Remember the outrage that he wasn't nerfed harder? Remember when many months passed and people learned the MU and he became a solid middle of the pack character and still is currently?

Nah, no one remembers beyond the recent. Let's nerf him hard because we know all the answers on Day 7.
I remember, all of it . . . :(

Wigy

There it is...
Why is it that all the zoners have all the most spammy hurr durr wakeups.

You need to end every combo in some plus HKD just to initiate any kind of oki. I get knocked down by a deadshot or whatever and get raped out of my wakeups by accident or dont even have one (joker)

Zoners should have HORRIBLE wakeups.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
This is a reasonable OP. And like all reasonable OPs, it is doomed to a thread that degrades just as badly as any shitpost.

Deadshot has too much. Anyone can see it. Not saying he should have his knees broken, but he shouldn't have best in class zoning, great mix, respectable damage, and safe wake-up all in one package.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I don't play Deadshot for starters. But I have to put the blame on NRS. They make these fun characters that are very strong. Then they rip their hearts out. Why make them like this in the first place. The problems with nerfing any character now is that we don't know what the DLC will bring. Today Deadshot might be at the top of the ladder and tomorrow at the bottom of the ocean. All of this is NRS's own doing.

Anyways my suggestion for Deadshot is to lower the damage of his bullets om hit and chip and decrease his meter building. Let the rest rock.

He reminds me of MKX Quan Chi but with a good wakeup. That was what was keeping Quan from top, once you got in he had no defense. So it's kinda confusing why he gets an invincible wakeup.

Elder God

Power!
Right, the character have very speed shots on the air, in stand stance, 45° and down shots, normals and ex versions.
A knee attack that makes your adversary fly away to begins all the same thing.
Ah ok I forget the cheap damage.
No no , you guys are crazy, Deadshot is fair and square.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Calling for a patch in just a weeks time is highly irresponsible. This is how you kill a game before it has time to breath! Can we at least give it some more time to flush-out any unknown tech before we crucify Deadshot? JS
T.H.I.S.

Deashot has a design that looks better at first because people initially always tend to struggle more vs keepaway. An early overnerf would leave him out of the game for long time when it evolves.

I'm sure that if time is given, he won't be perceived as one of the tops. He has weaknesses people still don't exploit.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So Cossner playing Grr offline on REO's stream (who just beat Deadshot Grr's as I type this) is "getting murked by Deadshot in casuals" by someone who "doesn't even main Deadshot" when that's who Grr has been playing and played him at the tournament (losing to Destroyer)? lol. At this point yall gonna say Will Smith picked up INJ2 and started bodying people.
ROFL

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do you remember when it was "incredibly obvious" that CSZ was Top 3 on KP release, with the same witch hunt, regardless of how many people like myself, REO, etc tried to show you all how to fight the character? Remember how he was starting to get figured out but it didn't matter because he got bomb nerfed in less than 30 days and never recovered and was barely used for the remainder of the game? Remember how the post nerf concensus was "he wasn't as bad as we thought"? Remember how no one noticed Alien that entire time, calling him "likely low mid tier" while they complained about CSZ, and Alien turned out the most broken of all?

Remember in SFV when Dhalsim was "broken with OP zoning that needed to be nerfed ASAP"? Remember when he was considered Top 3? Remember when a couple of months passed and people realized he wasn't that great once they learned the MU and he ended up low tier?

Remember in Tekken when Claudio was easily Top 5? Remember when other characters got nerfed and he barely got touched? Remember the outrage that he wasn't nerfed harder? Remember when many months passed and people learned the MU and he became a solid middle of the pack character and still is currently?

Nah, no one remembers beyond the recent. Let's nerf him hard because we know all the answers on Day 7.
You're earning likes today my friend, double ROFL!

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
1) That doesn't address a single thing brought up in the OP. You're not saying "no, I disagree, he doesn't have all the tools". You're essentially saying "sure, but what about x character?". That's not helpful to anyone. It's not even a non-argument, it's just an empty statement. Can't agree with it. Can't refute it. It literally just ends the discussion. Great.

2) Is there a character better than him? I don't mean "Doctor Fate zones better" or "Cheetah has better rushdown". I mean in general, is there a character in the game who is just "better" than Deadshot? I'm surprised Blue Beetle isn't getting as much hate, honestly, but even he doesn't match Deadshot completely.
Isn't Blue Beetle poop?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
7 days in.

Not trying to imply anything about balance here. All I'm saying is we don't know shit and advocating for specific changes this early is a bad idea imo.

Scoot Magee

How effective is it to put a projectile on the screen (preferably a slow one) and MB roll behind it to get in?

Scoot Magee

Also a lot of wake ups in this game are killed by meaty attacks. Test it out.

People spend more time calling for nerfs than actually trying to learn the game.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
How effective is it to put a projectile on the screen (preferably a slow one) and MB roll behind it to get in?
Probably wouldn't work because you would get hit by a bullet during the startup of you mb roll, if not during the recovery of your projectile.

This would probably work with Capcom fireball mechanics (fireballs trading).

Scoot Magee

Probably wouldn't work because you would get hit by a bullet during the startup of you mb roll, if not during the recovery of your projectile.

This would probably work with Capcom fireball mechanics (fireballs trading).
So you didn't try it? Deadshot would eventually have to respect and block the projectile on screen, right?