What's new

The old Joker combo thread

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Didn't see this posted, double reset 33%+26%+34%= 93%:
It worked on Killer Frost, Raven and the big chars too.

JI2, 2 ~ MB RLG, med-high-hitting B+3, D+2 ~ Far teeth, 2 ~ BF+2, B+3, D+2 ~ Far teeth 2 ~ BF+2, B+3, ji2, 32 Acid Flower.

The first teeth should appear behind their feet. Walk forward for less than a second after each wall bounce. Hit them with 2 acid flower when they are at about med height. If the first B+3 hits low go for the single reset.

Here's the single reset:

JI2, 2 ~ DB+2+Meterburn, B+3, D2 DB3 ~ F, 2~BF+2, B+3 JI2 32 BF+2 (70 something%?)

If you want end it with sweep and Ji2 or Ji1 for an ambiguous cross up that looks like a front attack but hits them from behind.

My 2 cents to the Joker compendium:

1st clip is a set of mid-screen teeth loops to a reset. 2nd is mid-screen teeth loops to a hard knockdown.

1. f23~db2 (mb), b3, d2~far teeth, 21 (1-hit)~far teeth, f23~far teeth, b1~bf2 = 34% (before the last teeth explode)

2. 3~db2 (mb), b3, d2~far teeth, 21 (1-hit)~far teeth, f23 (teeth explode), d3 = 37%

you know after the second B+ 3 of the reset you can go for anothe setups using far teeth forward 3, down 2 ,jumpin 2, 3,2, far teeth in a teethloop.. if all done correctly its instant ko... lol i love the joker

Going off of sunlord5 's excellent post, I came up with a pretty good infinite reset loop that keeps the opponent in a guessing game. I haven't played with it too much, but my limited testing so far hasn't seen anyone get out of it unless I mess up the execution. It goes like this:

1st loop:
(ji2), 3~db2+mb, b3, d2~db3f, 2~bf2 (teeth explode)

If they don't block the exploding teeth, repeat the 1st loop. If they do block the teeth, they have to block it low, so proceed to the 2nd loop, which starts in an overhead:

2nd loop:
f3, d2~db3f, 2~bf2 (teeth explode)

They basically have to block the f3. I don't think it can be interrupted. Since f3 is +6 on block, that gives you basically 12 free frames to continue pressure.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Didn't see this posted, double reset 33%+26%+34%= 93%:
It worked on Killer Frost, Raven and the big chars too.

JI2, 2 ~ MB RLG, med-high-hitting B+3, D+2 ~ Far teeth, 2 ~ BF+2, B+3, D+2 ~ Far teeth 2 ~ BF+2, B+3, ji2, 32 Acid Flower.

The first teeth should appear behind their feet. Walk forward for less than a second after each wall bounce. Hit them with 2 acid flower when they are at about med height. If the first B+3 hits low go for the single reset.

Here's the single reset:

JI2, 2 ~ DB+2+Meterburn, B+3, D2 DB3 ~ F, 2~BF+2, B+3 JI2 32 BF+2 (70 something%?)

If you want end it with sweep and Ji2 or Ji1 for an ambiguous cross up that looks like a front attack but hits them from behind.
this was posted ages ago on the other threads.. low teeth is blockable. the reset is not real

Bolton

Noob
this was posted ages ago on the other threads.. low teeth is blockable. the reset is not real
jw, what is a real reset? I always thought a reset was something that puts a guy from juggle state to standing, basically jokers flower.

On topic, I think the setup is good for a MBf3, but I may be wrong. Regardless, the whole thing is definitely blockable.

Btw, if people are still having trouble connecting far teeth after first or second slashes of 21 and 32 strings during juggle combos, I have realized that it was most easily done by inputting db3, and pausing until I start to see Joker reach for the teeth, which is when you should input up or forward. If you press any direction before he pulls out his teeth, you will most certainly suffer from a heavy chance in dropping the combo. I imagine this principle applies to the d2 xx ct(far) but I'm not too sure.

I have come up with some cool numbers and options off the (what I think is impractical) ct(far) ji3/2 teeth loops that I could hopefully show in a video soon. Maybe I can come up with stuff off actually practical start ups too, but I'm pretty sure they've all been done.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
jw, what is a real reset? I always thought a reset was something that puts a guy from juggle state to standing, basically jokers flower.

On topic, I think the setup is good for a MBf3, but I may be wrong.
In MK9 a real reset is cyraxs unblockable bombs after they are trapped by his first combo and a second combo starts after an unblockable hits from a bomb that explodes after a second net then there is a reset of the damage scaling for massive damage. Smoke has one too.

Also I didn't find any Joker tech that can reset them reliably except for stuff that is really strict on timing and even that is escapable by a roll back and jump out :/. If :joker:'s trait got buffed a lot he could be S or S+ tier.

Some of his combos are swag. Here's as many as I could find on my own modifying the previous combos I've seen trying to find something special.

ji2, 32 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 3 xx acid flower, 32 xx acid flower. (48% 16 hits, cancel 32 before the 3rd hit, no teeth to block)
ji2, 32 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, 3 xx acid flower, 3 xx acid flower. (47%, no teeth to block)
ji2, 32 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, b1 xx acid flower. (43%, teeth to block)
ji2, 32 xx Mb RLG, b+3, ji3, 32 acid flower. (12 hits 46%)
ji2, 32 xx Mb RLG, b+3, ji3, d+3 (41%)
ji2, 32 (2nd hit) xx Mb RLG, b+3, ji2, 323. (42% 14 hits)
ji2, 3 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 3 xx acid flower, 32 xx acid flower. (47% 14 hits, cancel 32 before the 3rd hit)
ji2, 3 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, b+1 xx acid flower (40% 11 hits)
ji2, 3 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, 3 xx acid flower (41% 11 hits)
ji2, 3 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, b+1 xx acid flower (42% 14 hits)
ji2, 3 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, 213 (41%)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 3 xx acid flower 32 xx acid flower (43% 14 hits, no teeth to block)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 2 xx acid flower (37% 10 hits)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, b+1 xx acid flower (36% 11 hits)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 32 (2nd hit comes out) xx acid flower (39%, 13 hits no teeth to block)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, b+1 xx acid flower (38%)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, b+1 xx acid flower (38%)
ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, 212 xx gun (39% 15 hits fullscreen knockback)
Also I wanted to see what happens if you do ji2, 2 xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, 21 xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, b+13(3 whiffs) wakeup acid flower (gimmick, stuffs some wakeups, will test against faster wakeups)
d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 3 xx acid flower, 32 xx acid flower. (34%)
*d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, NJ3, b+3, 32 xx acid flower (34%)
*note: do 2 hits of 32

lorenzo

Noob
In this new patch Joker can now do new combos. He can combo 32 to laughing gas, 21 laughing gas. I noticed a new glitch with joker. If you use the Red Hood alternates the new combos won't work. With all of other alternates and old custom the combos will work.

laudanum09

Darling
I noticed that too! I thought something was seriously amiss and then I switched costumes lol. This bug will probably be hotfixed easily but until then I can't use Red Hood, easily Joker's best new costume.

But forreal though 2,1 and 3,2 combos feel nice and we even get 44% from 3,2!

Ren21

Noob
Yea I just posted that glitch in the bugs thread just now. Hopefully they'll get to it quick so I can run Red hood online.

I never post in these threads though I should.

I've been messing around and through playing since the patch I've noticed I can pick up off teeth MUCH easier now with strings into laughing gas.

I'm not a training mode guy though, but I've definitely found that landing a random tooth, doing one of the strings into RLG mb is much easier now.

Also I found something interesting regarding his string with his back 1-3 string where he does the front flip/crossup. My friend had tested it. But he put the autoblock on the dummy, and saw how they would block it after I was giving it troubles. Is it possible to mix up the autoblock dummy with this string or does it become effectively unblockable?

I was told it works on smaller characters, but the dummy can autoblock if it's a bigger character (this seems backwards to me, usually having a big body is not a good thing.)

Our next local is tonight and I'm going to get him to show me what he means, and if it's legit I will post vids.

I mean, I abuse this string and it seems like its super good.

and with that said, obviously you could get away with a pushblock (meter spend)

The CPU can block what is other wise humanly unblockable on reaction. That said, that string, if I am remembering it correctly, is fairly obvious, so unless you mix it up with another follow up, it's an easy thing to block if you konw it's coming.

laudanum09

Darling
It's just a spacing thing because it's such a unique string. Takes longer for Joker to come down on smaller characters with 3 so there's a gap, also their hitbox is smaller so he flops over them and crosses up. Bigger chars, less space, wider hitbox, no crossup.

Nothing to really take advantage of.

laudanum09

Darling
The CPU can block what is other wise humanly unblockable on reaction. That said, that string, if I am remembering it correctly, is fairly obvious, so unless you mix it up with another follow up, it's an easy thing to block if you konw it's coming.
only mix up is to do another b1 since you're at 0 on block. Beats out 10 frame reversals and short range normals but otherwise there's no mixup with this string.

I found a ghetto frame trap though. 2,1,3, b1,3

This is not what I mean, it won't be high low, and from certain spacings you can make it so they have to switch the side they're blocking it on. Otherwise, I'm saying that the toepoke is absolutely possible, but the high flip causes a knockdown. At certain spaces using this string is absolutely blockable. But if you use it up close you can force it to the other side. What I'm asking is it possible that when the flip portion of the string becomes ambiguous is it unblockable? When my friend was trying to test some stuff with it; he said that while on autoblock certain smaller framed characters could block the toepick but would not block the flip part. He also said that bigger characters didn't have this problem, because Joker would be unable to get up overtop of them.

I'm going to test to see if this is true, because I haven't actually checked it out personally.

It's just a spacing thing because it's such a unique string. Takes longer for Joker to come down on smaller characters with 3 so there's a gap, also their hitbox is smaller so he flops over them and crosses up. Bigger chars, less space, wider hitbox, no crossup.

Nothing to really take advantage of.
You get a knockdown if the string does land, and this provides oki pressure. You can tech roll, but it provides you an opportunity to make a read regardless.

As well as the fact that the poke part of the string's range is gdlk, AND a low, and it seems to come out surprisingly fast. I don't get why you wouldn't use it in combination with some of Joker's overheads. I use it a lot.

Because when I get the knockdown portion, it allows me to either get a jump in (yes, they may be able to tech roll away, but I can also read if they're being too tech-rolly, and follow them in, and they may do a wakeup invincible attack (in which case I could block and punish) or they could chance blocking the next move. It puts you in position to do an ambiguous j+2 after conditioning your opponent not to do those other options. But I don't see a reason to write it off as useless because I've been making it a go-to move and it's been working against strong players. So why not? Not all setups are 100%, and anything that allows Joker to open up his mixup game is good in my books, that's where I feel he's strongest, putting characters in situations they don't want to be in and doing it at a pace which makes the player nervous. I also feel like this is the reason NRS doesn't want to make the HA's a full match; because if you give Joker too much speed his mixup game can become hilariously assholish.

No, it is still blockable even if the second hit hits crossup. What is happening is that it is not registering as a true blockstring, so the second hit is technically the beginning of a new combo, so they do not block. Try "block all" instead of "autoblock."

That's what I was wondering, thank you for clarification. It seemed weird that it wouldn't register as a block on autoblock with it being a blockstring.

In other news, any new, better combos with our now faster Low Gas? Are there any combos now with High Gas? D2 into high gas maybe?

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
In other news, any new, better combos with our now faster Low Gas? Are there any combos now with High Gas? D2 into high gas maybe?
AA combos (although his d2 is kinda slow)
Try d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 3 xx acid flower, 32 xx acid flower. (34%)
Or d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, NJ3, b+3, 32 xx acid flower (34%). (only let 2 hits of 32 come out)

you can do a second rolling ex gasbomb after back 3
imo not worth it, it gives like 2-3% damage, and it's meter you could spend on clash.

Without meter the best damage I can get is 27% from j3, 212, pistol
j3 212 pistol pushes them far.

j3, 32() xx acid flower is 29% that's maybe max meterless damage from a j3 starter.

The new rolling gas makes getting in far better vs some characters :joker:.

laudanum09

Darling
niiiice Cat

that was quick!

also, dunno if this was viable before, but after a crossup j.3 we can do d2 xx db1 mb, b3, j.2, 2,1 xx flower for 34%

If this is new I think it's a fairly practical combo since it gives us really strong damage off of one of the most gdlk j3s in the game. although there's always j.3, land and then teeth, MB f3 for an unblockable but that'll net you like similar damage anyways and there's always a chance they'll tech roll even though the knockdown is really quick and low to the ground.

snip on why b1,3 is pretty boss
Yeah you're right, what I meant is that there's nothing really to the whole crossup thing, not the utility of the move itself. I think it's too subtle to really take into account. By all means though, figure out what spacings and what characters crossup b1 3 works on and I'll xcopy that tech for sure. I just don't think there's anything new to discover with b.1 3

b.1, 3 works best after 2,1,3 blocked, it's my ghetto high low mixup. beats out 10 frame reversals and should stuff a lot of d.1's at that range.