What's new

The old Joker combo thread

you can do a second rolling ex gasbomb after back 3
Does it hit? Everytime I've tried to do a second one it seems like they just fall through. I'ma have to go check it out right now. xP

**edit**
Yeah, I can't seem to get it. It just doesn't register on them. It comes out but doesn't hit.

f23 looks like it might be worthwhile cancelling into teeth for mix-ups

Also, instead of letting both of the knife slashes of 32 come out, I personally think that it's better to cancel straight into the flower after just one of the slashes because it leaves the opponent at the perfect range - the edge of Joker's sweep. If it hits then you get teeth mix-ups. If it's blocked then it's safe because it's at maximum reach.

Without meter the best damage I can get is 27% from j3, 212, pistol
You will get more if you do flower at the end instead of pistol. but yeah 212 flower has been my go to when real close fighting. 20% if you get it.

Does it hit? Everytime I've tried to do a second one it seems like they just fall through. I'ma have to go check it out right now. xP

**edit**
Yeah, I can't seem to get it. It just doesn't register on them. It comes out but doesn't hit.
It works I tested it, but it's against Lex, i'll see if it works on the smaller frame characters.

EDIT: Works on Catwoman as well, so I imagine it works on the whole cast.

It works I tested it, but it's against Lex, i'll see if it works on the smaller frame characters.

It's gotta be character specific. Cause I can do it on Lex, but I can't do it on Joker (who I was using). Maybe it's the gravity difference thing I heard about fall speed/whatever. Anyways, what I was trying with Lex after you said that was j2, 3, db2mb, b3, d2, db2mb.. but after the 2nd db2 I haven't been able to get much. Only j2/3 and maybe a 1 after that. The damage is 42-43% so it's the same damage for one more meter compared to just ending the combo early into spray. Not worth it.

it works on all characters yes.. you can also do 3 in 1 combo after a wall bounce..but then you have to do 2 right after eachother.. but like torture said the damage will be like 2 % higher lol so waste of meter

Yeah I don't know why I couldn't get it on Joker. I watched that combo video on Eventhubs, and there was some nice stuff in it. But I might just stick to 1 meter combos by the look of it you don't get much over 42-43% unless you go into super/transition. I loved some of the teeth combos though.

Yeah I don't know why I couldn't get it on Joker. I watched that combo video on Eventhubs, and there was some nice stuff in it. But I might just stick to 1 meter combos by the look of it you don't get much over 42-43% unless you go into super/transition. I loved some of the teeth combos though.
yeah well at the end of the match you can make the last combo more flashy i guess thats the only use for 2/3 Mb :)

Dracain

Noob
For meterless combos I've found a 39% with the teeth. Throw the teeth then J3 before the teeth detonate (this will be unblockable if done right, because it is both overhead and low at the same time) the teeth will bounce them up, then it is a simple B3,JI2,3,3. Try and hit with the B3 when the enemy is low, because if you hit high you might make it so only the first 3 hits.
To sum up: Teeth,J3,B3,JI2,3,3. Done right this should net you a 39% meterless combo.
I suspect I can get more damage from this with 3,2,flower at the end, but I have yet to test it.

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!
For meterless combos I've found a 39% with the teeth. Throw the teeth then J3 before the teeth detonate (this will be unblockable if done right, because it is both overhead and low at the same time) the teeth will bounce them up, then it is a simple B3,JI2,3,3. Try and hit with the B3 when the enemy is low, because if you hit high you might make it so only the first 3 hits.
To sum up: Teeth,J3,B3,JI2,3,3. Done right this should net you a 39% meterless combo.
I suspect I can get more damage from this with 3,2,flower at the end, but I have yet to test it.
Yea. With the flower it's 41% - Not too shabby for a meterless setup.

On that note, I've noticed that Joker's kind of lacking in the Low department. What're the best combos you can get off his low attacks?

laudanum09

Darling
Yea. With the flower it's 41% - Not too shabby for a meterless setup.

On that note, I've noticed that Joker's kind of lacking in the Low department. What're the best combos you can get off his low attacks?
b.1 cancelled into a special but you might as well go for the safe overhead. I'd think it'd be best to condition them to block high by doing 2,1,3 (+1 on block) and then going for a b.1, 3 after or cancelling into flower for more frame advantage/safety. That's basically a high low mix up and frame trap. They shouldn't be able to push buttons out of that because not many d.1's can make up for the range that b.1 can.

laudanum09

Darling
huuuuuuuuh

on another note, viable bnb for teeth reset?

"j.M s.M, low gas can MB, b+H (wallbounce), c.M, far teeth, s.M-L (1hit), far teeth, f+M-H, c.H (sweep), throw out teeth for oki"

stolen from Nos99 from SRK

Gilbagz

Joker here~
huuuuuuuuh

"j.M s.M, low gas can MB, b+H (wallbounce), c.M, far teeth, s.M-L (1hit), far teeth, f+M-H, c.H (sweep), throw out teeth for oki"

Makes me sad ):

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!

I don't believe 2 (s.M) combos into low gas. 3 (s.H) on the other hand works good. I'm not near my console, but if I get the chance to try it out, I'll see how viable it is.

Picturing it, it seems like it would work fine.

D2,11,3 and F23 Should combo into RLG. 113 combos into RLG in corners.

Someone help me improve my Background bounce combo. It currently does 48% but i think it could do more:
J2,3 RLG MB, b3, fJ2 ,32, RB, fJ3, b1 bf2.

After the background bounce, I cant reliably get anything out of it other than 33 or fJ3 b1 bf2. J2 doesnt net me any follow ups.

When I find my opponent not doing wake up rolls or wake up attack a lot I like to do this:

J2, 3, DB2 MB, B3, J2, 323, far teeth, J3.
Note: in 323, only get the 1st hit of the last 3 to hit.

This usually does a cross up overhead with the teeth right under your opponent if they don't wake up roll of wake up attack.

In most cases, my opponent would get caught in it. Then I'd just follow up with any combo starting with teeth. I personally like doing B3, J2, 323, far teeth, J3 again to keep looping my opponent until he does a wake up.

i don't play this anymore. but this was a lil fun combo i came up with.

might give you some creative ideas of combos in the future:

A combo this cool and a bit tricky to do in a real match, should do way more damage. The scaling after the d+2 is rough. :(

j2, 32, back wallbounce cancel, j3, d2> db2 MB, j2, 32 acid - 45%. 2 meters

Found this earlier today in an attempt to get 46%, but came up short realizing the third hit on 32 doesn't hit, so I settled for the 2nd hit. Iffy timing, but if anyone can actually get the third to hit tell me. You shouldn't ideally go for this seeing as theres much easier combos for around the same amount of damage but I guess it has flash value, besides it still does alot of damage.

Can joker go above 45% without his super or an interactable? I swear I'm trying my hardest to find something

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Unfortunately because of the flood I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like. But I have a few things I wanna try out tomorrow and ill let you guys know the results

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...

j2, 32, back wallbounce cancel, j3, d2> db2 MB, j2, 32 acid - 45%. 2 meters

Found this earlier today in an attempt to get 46%, but came up short realizing the third hit on 32 doesn't hit, so I settled for the 2nd hit. Iffy timing, but if anyone can actually get the third to hit tell me. You shouldn't ideally go for this seeing as theres much easier combos for around the same amount of damage but I guess it has flash value, besides it still does alot of damage.

Can joker go above 45% without his super or an interactable? I swear I'm trying my hardest to find something