What's new

The old Joker combo thread

FordCruller

Kombatant
Hey everyone. I didn't see one of these around to post in, so I just made one. If there is one already, I'll just redirect there. This some basic stuff i have with Joker right now.

RLG=Rolling Laughing Gas
MB=Meter Burn

42% 1 meter: J2, 3, RLG-MB, B3, J2, 3, 2, flower

I think the flower gives you enough time to do something else like go for a crossup or just another jump in attack. You can also change the end from flower to teeth if you want to give up some damage for a setup.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Cool! I don't have the game yet but can anyone say if Joker has any good meterless combos. He seems to be lacking in that department.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
in the combo you wrote, the 2 in 32 has 2 hits, both can be cancelled. if you wait for the 2 hits and then flower you get 44%

the same combo ending in teeth and then crossup ji2 is a 85% reset found by Pig Of The Hut which is inescapable by chars without fast advancing wakeups, you need to hitconfirm if ji2 or the teeth hit though

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
in the combo you wrote, the 2 in 32 has 2 hits, both can be cancelled. if you wait for the 2 hits and then flower you get 44%

the same combo ending in teeth and then crossup ji2 is a 85% reset found by Pig Of The Hut which is inescapable by chars without fast advancing wakeups, you need to hitconfirm if ji2 or the teeth hit though
You can tech roll back and avoid it.

Cat

only if you mistime the ji2
From the distance the j2 will not reach after a tech roll. If you try and dash and do the j2 your opponent will be fully recovered.
And the far teeth will not reach to where the opponent rolls back to as well

This set up is effective near the corner though

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
From the distance the j2 will not reach after a tech roll. If you try and dash and do the j2 your opponent will be fully recovered.
And the far teeth will not reach to where the opponent rolls back to as well

This set up is effective near the corner though
it will reach them, its difficult to do but it can reach them. blockstun after that will make sure theyre in teeth hitbox range.

shame this setup isnt guaranteed, jokers already lacking enough

Cat

it will reach them, its difficult to do but it can reach them. blockstun after that will make sure theyre in teeth hitbox range.

shame this setup isnt guaranteed, jokers already lacking enough
Trust me ive thought of it when training with joker. It's not gureenteed. It's escapable.

Look at the thread I just made with tips and stuff with joker. Gameplay videos are uploading

My suggestion is end combos with sweep since they can't be tech. So opponents cannot roll out.

Cat

Sweep to teeth is the TITS (good)

It's range is tight
depends on how you comboing into sweep?
im using jump 2 into sweep when i want more time to set up teeth and work on a follow up or bait..
j3 into sweep when i want more damage but the window is tight..

you can also add a standing 1 after the jump 2 for 1 percent more damage.. not worth it.. trying to come up with more ideas

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
if your op knows about tech rolling out of the reset you can end air to air combos with 32 dash and j2 to crossup, unless they wakeup theyll have to block it

Hey guys what's your most damaging nonmeter combo? So far Im capped at 25%. Im bad at fighting game notation but it starts off with a jump kick into the same input as "shank shank shank" except substitute the last input for the acid squirt.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If teeth launches them, what is the follow-up?
Hey guys what's your most damaging nonmeter combo? So far Im capped at 25%. Im bad at fighting game notation but it starts off with a jump kick into the same input as "shank shank shank" except substitute the last input for the acid squirt.
B3 JI2 323 squirt
B3 JI2 F23 crossup j2/j3
B3 JI2 32 teeth
B3 JI2 sweep teeth

B3 JI2 32 (let all 3 hit) squirt gun is 30%

Almost all of these combos start with B3, you have to realise that the start up on that thing is pretty damn long. I'll be on today looking for some good BnB's that don't start with B3

For punishes I've been using 2, db2, mb, b3, j2, 323, bf2.

Cross up/jumpin been using cats combo j2, 3, db2, mb, b3, j2, 323, bf2.

If someone is crouching a lot I try for f3, j2, 323, spray.. I tried to do more with this but it just seemed like more work for less or just 1-2% more.

From what I've noticed with joker you need 1 meter for db2, or you won't be doing much over 20% unless you jumpin/b3.. and then you might as well use db2.

I feel that if you can somehow get 2 db2 mb's in one combo the damage will be nice. But it's pretty easy to get meter on joker so db2 mb should be fine to always have.

Another mix up I've been trying out following up db2mb, b3, (db3,db3u,db3f), bf3. If someone is rolling a lot do the far teeth after the b3 and then crowbar, you get a very fast high/low mix-up I don't know if you can time it right to make it unblockable but it could be nice. You could always just go for the straight damage instead of the mix up xP

Damonta

Online Warrior
f23 looks like it might be worthwhile cancelling into teeth for mix-ups

Also, instead of letting both of the knife slashes of 32 come out, I personally think that it's better to cancel straight into the flower after just one of the slashes because it leaves the opponent at the perfect range - the edge of Joker's sweep. If it hits then you get teeth mix-ups. If it's blocked then it's safe because it's at maximum reach.

Without meter the best damage I can get is 27% from j3, 212, pistol