What's new

The old Joker combo thread

check4900 does yet another great combo video. ty for the link in video, cat.

would love to go through this vid and annotate combos along with time stamp links

1. @0:25 - atlantis stage - right quarter of stage
ct (close), 32 xx ct (far), ji 3, ct (far), instant j 2, ct (close), 213 [12 hits - 50% ]
on wakeup - ct (close), mb f3, d2 xx ct (close), 3 xx bf2, 32 (2 hits of knife then cancel) xx bf2 [10 hits - 39%]

2. @1:15 - arkham asylum - left side of stage (pig)
ct (close), 32 xx ct (far), delayed ji3, ct (far), instant j 2, ct (far), 3 [8 hits - ?%]
reset interactable pig, ji 2, f232 xx super [13 hits - 57%]

3. @2:08 - acid flower stage - far left side of stage
ct (close), 3 xx ct (far), ji 3, ct (far), ji 3, ct (close), 3 xx bf2, 32 xx bf2 [12 hits - 65%]

4. @2:47 - atlantis stage - right quarter of stage
ct (close), 3 xx ct (far), ji 3, ct (close), instant ji 3, ct (close), 3 xx bf2, 3 xx mb bf3 [16 hits - 66%]

5. @3:50 - mysceria? (giants fighting) stage - right quarter of stage
ct (close), 32 xx ct (far), ji 3, ct (far), ji 2, ct (far), 213 [12 hits - 50%]
reset interactable ground rover, 1, 32(2hits from 2) xx super [12 hits - 55%]

6. @4:55 - tank? stage - far left of stage
ct (close), 3 xx ct (far), late ji 3, ct (far), instant ji 3 , ct (close), 3 xx bf2, tank gun shot interactable, b3, 3 xx bf2 [17hits - 76%]

7. @5:43 - arkham asylum (pig) - far left of stage

8. @6:56 - tank? stage - far left of stage

9. @7:33 - hanging car stage? - center? of stage

10. @8:27 - portal? stage (tv screen interactables) - center? stage

11. @9:08 - ? stage - right quarter of stage

12. @9:40 - fortress of solitude - far left of stage

13. @10:23 - atlantis stage - right corner of stage

14. @10:33 - mysceria? stage - right quarter of stage

15. @11:40 - cannons? stage - far left of stage

16. @12:24 - atlantis stage - far left of stage

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Any chance of having the combos in this thread compiled and edited into the first post? I'd be glad to compile, though I don't know whether to break them into Meter and meterless, damage or off starters. There seems to be No uniform way of listing combos; each thread has it's own way & Legend.

laudanum09

Darling
Hmmm I was always fond of the number (or strength for SF) of the move with commas indicating different inputs and special cancels indicated by XX.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Hmmm I was always fond of the number (or strength for SF) of the move with commas indicating different inputs and special cancels indicated by XX.
That's how I plan to notate said combos. I'm just wondering how The Joker Clan would prefer their order. GL thread has them listed by starter (b13, 223, etc). Lobo & Batman threads have them listed by Location (midscreen, etc.) Without a uniform order, I'm trying to avoid conflict by inquiring about what method would be best for The Joker mains.
Also curious about posting info found in guides, whether paper or digital. (Obvious "laws" against said actions exist) While the Prima guide does have typos (on par with the rest of their guides), there are some knowledgeable tidbits within.

laudanum09

Darling
That's how I plan to notate said combos. I'm just wondering how The Joker Clan would prefer their order. GL thread has them listed by starter (b13, 223, etc). Lobo & Batman threads have them listed by Location (midscreen, etc.) Without a uniform order, I'm trying to avoid conflict by inquiring about what method would be best for The Joker mains.
Also curious about posting info found in guides, whether paper or digital. (Obvious "laws" against said actions exist) While the Prima guide does have typos (on par with the rest of their guides), there are some knowledgeable tidbits within.
Well I'd say make it first, then get feedback. I doubt you'll get much in the way of responses from just asking. Do it, then see how everyone responds.

As for guide info, just reword it. I'm curious as to what these knowledgeable tidbits are.

People online have been substituting the 32-flower at the end of the standard b3 combo for 323-Teeth for a reset. Works exceptionally well, against people who don't know you can tech out or use any dashing wakeup to escape the setup.

im not sure but i dont think 323 is techable
They don't finish all of the hits on 323. They cancel into teeth after the first hit of the last 3 in 323.

You're right that the full string of 323 if it hits isn't techable, but if you don't allow all the hits on the last "3" to hit, then it is techable

Octakel

Puddin
I can do the teeth loop with teeth,ji2,far teeth, j3, far teeth etc. without any trouble.
But man you are right, i can't seem to hit that ji2 in the d2 far teeth combo.
Any advice on that?
It seems that after the b3 you need to hit the d2 on a certain point but after the far teeth the j2 always misses.

laudanum09

Darling
Best way to hit the combo is to do everything as early as possible. B3 needs to hit as soon as possible after EX RLG and you should time it, don't mash b3, hit d2 xx teeth as early as possible with the tip of his hitbox which should be far above Joker's head. hold upforward for the teeth to come out far and so you jump as soon as possible. I find the cancel from d2 to teeth works better when you do df2 instead of d2, then go from df to d, b, 3. buffer your next teeth midair as youre landing after the ji.2

my problem is after that, the stand 3 into flower is what I keep missing.

Octakel

Puddin
Great thanks for the advice. the d2 xx teeth early cancel always works perfect, but maybe I need to time that b3 and d2 better.

my problem is after that, the stand 3 into flower is what I keep missing.
Ha seems that this will be my next problem. I also tried that d2xxteeth variation Ren did in WNF. But for that you need to hit d2 pretty late so he doesn't drop out of range.
It is really an optimized bnb combo? Because it seems hard as hell for me right now.

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!
heres an easy to do 48 or 49% bnb combo involving a teeth loop.. teeth far, jump in 3 ,teeth far,3 acid flower, 3,2 acidflower
Another variant that gives similar damage is
Teeth, JI2, far teeth, JI3, far teeth, JI3, 32 xx Acid Flower - Does about 49%

true but mine doesnt involve any jumping.. 50% corner stage transmission combo 1 bar

teeth, jump in 3 teeth 3, gun, down 2, armored wall bounce

But... it does.

Unless you mean something else?
lol yeh .i mean my combo doesnt combine any jumping because basically the starter is the jump attack.. your version is doing 3 jump attacks plus doing 3 teeths.. while mine use 2 teeths and you can just stay on the ground after the starter

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!
lol yeh .i mean my combo doesnt combine any jumping because basically the starter is the jump attack.. your version is doing 3 jump attacks.. while mine you can just stay on the ground after the starter
True, but I imagine so long as the combo works, it's worth pointing out. Tomato, Tomahto

True, but I imagine so long as the combo works, it's worth pointing out. Tomato, Tomahto
offcourse the more combos the better!!!but i was just saying mine without jumping so people who are not familiar with teeth loops can start on my combo and when they got that in the bagg they eventually can go your advanced way...anyway someone should make an combo topic where every possibility gets put in

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!
offcourse the more combos the better!!!but i was just saying mine without jumping so people who are not familiar with teeth loops can start on my combo and when they got that in the bagg they eventually can go your advanced way...anyway someone should make an combo topic where every possibility gets put in
I'm writing up a general guide that includes combos, so will include it.