What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
Or, alternatively...don't do a fatality we've all seen a billion times and show enough respect to your opponent not to teabag.

I don't leave games but it annoys me to think my opponent is proud of himself for hitting 5 simple inputs to see the same thing for the quintillionth time.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Seriously, we earned the win, you didn't. Just let us t-bag you and do whatever we want to you for like 5 seconds. When you leave, it lags the game for an entire 2-3 seconds and then we watch the fatality by ourselves - which ruins the point. The entire point is for you to watch the fatality with us. You fucked up, not us.

Stop punishing the winner because you're a sore loser. It's like stealing the EVO trophy.
Fatalities is waste of my time.
If u can do brutalites - ok, it's quick, but that's a really s**t to watch with boring bloody cartoons for 1 minute, same again and again.
Really, fatalites for slowpokes

For me it is just as satisfying when someone ragequits at the end. Just shows they are super salty, arguably better than them kindly waiting for you to do the fatality :)
Haha, damn right!

Why are you people bothered if someone leaves? It makes it much more fun if they quite. haha
Means you got them pissed and they cant handle it. Wussies.
Look at it that way :p .

I mean, doesnt make sense... Why are people bothered if they win and their opponents leaves... It is supposed to be other way around. YOU EMOS! :D

Ryncage

Noob
If someone doesnt have the seconds to spare watching a fatality, they picked up the wrong game.
More importantly, if i find the other player was particularly lame. (D3 spam in a red bar game) then i drag out the finish him sequence as long as i can in the hopes they disconnect, after all i dont mind whooping on the same shitter over wnd over if he lets me.

But if the matches are close or well played, or iv been the one getting steamrolled and i win a game, ill skip doing a fatality.

if you all seriously disconnect because of "muh precious time", you arent worth the time spent beating.

infamy23

FireBeard
I got blown up for voicing my opinion about this on reddit so I'll keep this short and won't respond to any further comments.

If you play 10,000 games online over your MKX career:

Assume you save 10 seconds per game by either not doing a fatality when you win, or leaving the game when your opponent does one. (10 seconds is actually a huge understatement it's more like 25 seconds at least)

You would save 1600 minutes of wasted time.

That's right, TWENTY SIX HOURS of sitting there watching the same cinematics over and over.

Think 10,000 games is an absurd amount? Well there's plenty of people on PS4 who already have 5k games played and the game has only been out for 4 months.

10 seconds may not seem like much if you barely play. But for those of us who play 50-100 matches per day, that shit adds up.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Nah, on the rare time I play online, if I get beat I'll leave straight away. I don't want to watch the fatality, I'm here to fight not watch the same little clip... That's boring and I'd rather go fight someone else. If you want to watch it, then watch it. But you can't force me to. And this is nothing like an Evo trophy being stolen lmao.

zoofs

bless
if you won anyways, why do you care if someone is leaving after the match? I would definitely just quit the game or leave if the person was tbagging and trying to fatal to waste my time but how do you know they aren't just getting off?

I don't mind losing, I don't even mind the fatality if they worked for the win. However, if you t-bag for several seconds (Or at all) before doing the fatality then you can just go fuck yourself, you disrespectful little shit stain.
But tbagging people is fun :DOGE

Last edited:
I have never left a match, but fatalities are boring and take too long. I saw them all the week the game came out. People shoul just do brutals and move on to the next match. I personally either do a brutal or if I fail to do it I do a quick d1. Only if the guy is a dick I troll then by tbaging or other way of trolling.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
or create your own personal little finishing move like forever kings kung lao or chris gs reptile back in the mk9 days

I'm fine with fatalities. Gives me a chance to have a sip of my drink before the next match, think over what I can do differently, etc.

The thing that needs to be fixed is cord pulling. If you're losing and you pull the cord, it should result in a quitalitiy. The obvious counter argument is that you shouldn't lose because you're internet farts out, or you have a power cut, etc, but those situations are rare (and if they're not, you have bigger problems than your MKX win rate). If you disconnect, you should sacrifice the match. By implementing quitalities for all disconnects, NRS could weed out some of the dick heads who make ranked play and the lobbies so disappointing.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
If you think spamming lowverheads online (erron, sonya) where it's impossible to block or mashing d3 and subzero overhead and slides which are almost all but safe online, means that you EARNED the win, you better think again kiddo.

Insta quit on the fatality screen. That's what you earned.

:REO

If you're gonna be a 12 year old and tea bag behind the computer screen like a little bitch, then you deserved to get dropped.

as for fatalities, it was great for the first 15 times, then it gets old quick.