What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

At this point my biggest complaint is "NRS". I think it's time for fresh blood in thier studio. As their team is set up now, it's messing up alot for the MK series.

I think that the "Injustuce" games kinda screw up the Mortal Kombat games. It's very
understandable that NRS reused models, animations and audio cues but exactly "that" is what i find problemetic for the MK series. MK should be nothing like Injustice and vice versa.

with that being said, NRS needs to differentiate the Mk and Injustice games more. At this point it's hurting the MK series. Maybe they need to have other developers work on the Injustice series for in the future.

Agilaz

It has begun
Kotal players are arguably this game's Supergirl community.

Bitch and moan about an already solid character until he inevitably gets buffed into some monster that has the highest health in the game, highest potential damage in the game, can not be killed in some situations, has godlike reach..

...and they're STILL not winning with him.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I HAD LIKE 5-10 KL GAMES BETWEEN LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING WITH A PROJECTED VICTORY CHANCE OF 60% OR HIGHER AND I LOST THEM ALL.

I would be in demi god right now if i didn't screw it up. CURSE MY HUBRIS!!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
This did not age well. Lmao
All cages got literally destroyed free except Sonic because Sonic.
Also Sonic's cage literally got freed up by female hitbox Kitana and did not win the tournament, had to switch to win.

I think it aged perfectly imo.

How is Johnny "that" good if the best Johnny Cage player simply refuse to use him most of the time, because he is not that good obviously?
SonicFox can make all characters looks godly.
He was doing the same with Dvorah.
Tell me a player who is doing well with Dvorah or Cage. Im listening.
The only one with some success is Kombat, but he barely touch Johnny lately. He is using Geras mainly.

The twitter rant about Johnny and how good he is, come from SylverRye. For obviously reason, protecting Liu Kang.
But he himself said at the begining he drops Cage, because he has no good mids.
Yet he is explaining how strong Johnny is now, when SonicFox is winning with him ....
This is so hypocritically.

Last edited:

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Here's your logic: The guy who's known for playing Johnny Cage isn't playing him at a tournament. So therefore Johnny is no good.
Is Sonicfox some kinda Mortal Kombat magician that's hacked into the frame data matrix like a downloading robot? No. He's good with characters because he practices them. Characters don't magically get better frame data because a pro player is using them.

He wouldn't have even been playing against Kitana if he hadn't forced Dragon to switch by using Johnny Cage. Just admit Johnny is a good character now.
How is a character that can outzone the prime zone of this game with no effort, has amazing pressure, good damage, can hit confirm fatal blow cancels into big damage (unbreakable if you are show stopper) any good man? It's clearly bad.

How is Johnny "that" good if the best Johnny Cage player simply refuse to use him most of the time, because he is not that good obviously?
SonicFox can make all characters looks godly.
He was doing the same with Dvorah.
Tell me a player who is doing well with Dvorah or Cage. Im listening.
The only one with some success is Kombat, but he barely touch Johnny lately. He is using Geras mainly.

The twitter rant about Johnny and how good he is, come from SylverRye. For obviously reason, protecting Liu Kang.
But he himself said at the begining he drops Cage, because he has no good mids.
Yet he is explaining how strong Johnny is now, when SonicFox is winning with him ....
This is so hypocritically.
People also claim that Cetrion is top tier (i don't deny it), but only Dragon is placing high with her (and btw, being forced to change by the first rime ever by the man Cage himself). Tell me a player that isn't Dragon who can place with her. She's clearly bad and needs buffs.

Reactions: JTC

M.D.

Mother of god it's like a broken record.

Johnny is godlike, WHEN he works.

See those standing 2 staggers Sonic did on Dragon?
Those don't work on TWELVE characters. That's nearly half the roster.

Nobody said Cage was B tier. Everyone is just tired of the literally 99 out of 100 Jacqui, Kitana, Cassie, Sonya counterpicks where everything whiffs.
Everyone is just tired of having to just d4 and f3 throw the entire match because everything else does not work.
All the freakin videos from pros are against male hitboxes, of course Cage does great, because he can actually use his toolset.

Please pick Kotal, Kang, Jax, Subzero, Cetrion, please, someone please. Out of my 20 matches I played today 8 were Cassie and 4 were Sonya.
I can't take it any more NRS, i'm tired of walkback guns cassie while I just spam d4 and throw. I want to play my character NRS. Make it stop NRS.
Ok don't fix it for the 12 chars, just fix 1, 2 and f2 to NOt whiff on cassie and sonya that's all. I will forever shut up if you do this, I can't stand those two any more.

While the pros are having fun playing with male hitboxes, everyone else is getting raped in the ass in the parking lot by female counterpicks non stop.
That's the only issue that EVERYONE in the Cage community is complaining about.

The rest of the crap with saying cage is trash tier or to give him a 9 frame mid is just crap fodder and should be ignored.

Last edited:
All cages got literally destroyed free except Sonic because Sonic.
Also Sonic's cage literally got freed up by female hitbox Kitana and did not win the tournament, had to switch to win.

I think it aged perfectly imo.
are you serriously downplaying cage ? LUL

Pyrosis

Then when they fix Johnny Cage's whiffing issues, and in the same patch they nerf frames to accommodate fixing the whiffing we'll all be ready for every Cage player to whine about Cage needing more buffs again. Even tho he can currently do stuff like... Kill you from half health with completely unbreakable damage. Have potentially the best zoning in the game. We gotta have those whiffs fixed to or he's unplayable.

exactly. people were downplaying johny and kotal so much that now they are both broken. More johnny though , cage is on his own tier right now but please go on keep asking for buffs

M.D.

Then when they fix Johnny Cage's whiffing issues, and in the same patch they nerf frames to accommodate fixing the whiffing we'll all be ready for every Cage player to whine about Cage needing more buffs again. Even tho he can currently do stuff like... Kill you from half health with completely unbreakable damage. Have potentially the best zoning in the game. We gotta have those whiffs fixed to or he's unplayable.
exactly. people were downplaying johny and kotal so much that now they are both broken. More johnny though , cage is on his own tier right now but please go on keep asking for buffs
So:
  1. Don't fix the character and balance him because people will complain about something else
  2. Bug fixes are now actually buffs.
I'm sorry but I only have one darwin award and unfortunately you'll have to split it

Pyrosis

"Dont fix the character and balance him because people will complain about something else" is a disingenuous assessment of what I described. I specifically described a pretty simple series of events:
  1. People complain Cage needs buffs.
  2. Gets them.
  3. People complain he needs whiff fixes.
  4. Gets them, but NRS have to balance damage/frames/what have you to compliment the whiff fixes.
  5. People complain Cage needs buffed again, making him unfairly balanced compared to the rest of the game.
Maybe you should hold onto that Darwin award, champ.
Just another bit of food for thought while we're on track.... How can you consider whiffing to be a bug when at the same time they are starting to put in health differentials between male and female characters. In this case the balance for female being: Don't get hit as much, but always start at a health deficit. Males: Hit more often, start with more health.

M.D.

Just another bit of food for thought while we're on track.... How can you consider whiffing to be a bug when at the same time they are starting to put in health differentials between male and female characters. In this case the balance for female being: Don't get hit as much, but always start at a health deficit. Males: Hit more often, start with more health.
Just double quoting this for everyone to see. No need for further comments.

Pyrosis

A trade off of less health for the advantage of being hit less often is a form of game balance, as bad as it hurts your feelings.

People also claim that Cetrion is top tier (i don't deny it), but only Dragon is placing high with her (and btw, being forced to change by the first rime ever by the man Cage himself). Tell me a player that isn't Dragon who can place with her. She's clearly bad and needs buffs.
Atleast learn the pro stage ....
Big D, Asodimazze maybe?

Cetrion was always high, or should i said top in the people tier list. While Johnny was always mid tier, untill SonicFox touches him, and now suddenly he is a top tier beater.
Is Dvorah some monster again? Cause SonicFox was destroying everyone with her, except the 2 Kang players, probably because Dvorah is 10-0 against Kang.
And still SonicFox beats Rewind with Dvorah on a major, and the game he lost against him was super close as well.
And yeah he obviously is magician, and making mid tier characters beat top tier, simply because he is that damn good and obviously on another level.
If you watch his stream he beats almost everyone with Jade as well, and she is probably lower than mid tier.
Pyrosis, my logic is great, because Kombat was not only the best Johnny Cage player, but the only one that make him viable at High level gameplay, and he obviously believe Johnny is far from great.
You cant be top tier character, if you just have some good matches, and lose badly to most of the roster.
Pyrosis, dude your previous post is just ridiculous with all due respect ....
And how was Johnny Cage buffed? And get in mind that no one talks about the 3rd variation.
M.D. no sense man, just get it, he is a Kang player .... All future conversation are usless.

Last edited: