What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I'd rather deal with zoning and footsies over lame plus frame moves that dont let you move like jax constantly staggering you, yo me that shits lame. At least fighting a zoned you can move and get in or teleport.

Some characters are stronger when they zone because up close they suck or will always lose. Like jade vs jax, haha yeah good luck to the jade player.
Daily reminder that Jax has almost no plus frames and even when he is he’a only +1 so you can almost always take your turn back if you stop waiting 3 seconds to interrupt his stagger.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Daily reminder that Jax has almost no plus frames and even when he is he’a only +1 so you can almost always take your turn back if you stop waiting 3 seconds to interrupt his stagger.
Seems very difficult then because I rarely if ever see anyone interrupting his kick kick, punch, punch that jax players throw out. Def is plus on it unless it's something that is online exploit. I have found to keep him far if I can get away the best way. And dont forget his command grabs unblockable...

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
@M.Dwoah johnny kryptonian now? :eek:
Ye wanted to be canon with the green energy so I changed it.

Also, wanted to mention it here but, there's nothing more rage inducing than reading twitter and "pro" players comments that Outtake is GODLIKE ZONING, then going in ranked and getting fukken outzoned by half the cast because the best you can do is trade all match then get KB-ed and lose because you do only 25% combos.

I swear I'd put a twitter rule that any cage comment should have a mandatory video proving it ffs.

The mindgame is in the stagger. Is he gonna stagger f3 or is he about to f3 overhead. Especially with online it's a different game

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Seems very difficult then because I rarely if ever see anyone interrupting his kick kick, punch, punch that jax players throw out. Def is plus on it unless it's something that is online exploit. I have found to keep him far if I can get away the best way. And dont forget his command grabs unblockable...
the first kick is -11 and there’s a gap between the 2 kicks and the punch punch that can be flawless blocked, it’s also -7 so if he’s still pressing buttons after that that’s on you.

MKF30

the first kick is -11 and there’s a gap between the 2 kicks and the punch punch that can be flawless blocked, it’s also -7 so if he’s still pressing buttons after that that’s on you.
Sometimes they dont even just do the kicks just pokes which are insanely fast if they dont out speed my pokes. Into his punch string that you cant get away from. Like the other guy said its a 5050 stagger game with him having the edge. It's pretty much braindead. But then its mk 11, alot of dumb shit in this game even if you do read right.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Sometimes they dont even just do the kicks just pokes which are insanely fast if they dont out speed my pokes. Into his punch string that you cant get away from. Like the other guy said its a 5050 stagger game with him having the edge. It's pretty much braindead. But then its mk 11, alot of dumb shit in this game even if you do read right.
it’s not in his favor if you play someone who outdamages him. He has to build up heat to KB you so just accept the fact that you have to hard read out of his staggers.
Pokes are a different story. They’re cancer in general.

MKF30

it’s not in his favor if you play someone who outdamages him. He has to build up heat to KB you so just accept the fact that you have to hard read out of his staggers.
Pokes are a different story. They’re cancer in general.
The staggers are dumb in this game but has nothing to do with me reading its he has advantage up close vs most characters in this game and a stupidly fast poke. As far as I'm concerned hes busted. That's why I'm saying his combined tools if you will are too op. Just compare him to say raiden or even liu kang when they're on top of you. But like I said that's why I keep his ass far, if he cant get near me he cant do shit.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The staggers are dumb in this game but has nothing to do with me reading its he has advantage up close vs most characters in this game and a stupidly fast poke. As far as I'm concerned hes busted. That's why I'm saying his combined tools if you will are too op. Just compare him to say raiden or even liu kang when they're on top of you. But like I said that's why I keep his ass far, if he cant get near me he cant do shit.
Yes, this rushdown character beats most characters up close.. how is that busted?
You're saying you don't have to make a read, how's that going to work out for you? I just told you f33 1+3 is full combo punishable at 2 of its 3 points, you just have to guess what he does and punish him for it.
His combined tools are excellent, I won't deny that, but he's a rushdown character, if you don't give a rushdown character proper rushdown tools then you just end up with pre-patch Kano.

MKF30

Yes, this rushdown character beats most characters up close.. how is that busted?
You're saying you don't have to make a read, how's that going to work out for you? I just told you f33 1+3 is full combo punishable at 2 of its 3 points, you just have to guess what he does and punish him for it.
His combined tools are excellent, I won't deny that, but he's a rushdown character, if you don't give a rushdown character proper rushdown tools then you just end up with pre-patch Kano.
I never see anyone punishing it and reason I say hes busted is because hes too good with all those tools. Multiple kbs, dumb pressure up close, unblockable command grabs and a fb that goes practically full screen. I get it hes a rushdown guy but so are other characters that aren't so braindead up close. That being said, i dont mind agreeing to disagree.

To make matters worse nrs refuses to nerf him and refuses to buff raiden, that's my biggest issue and many others I'm sure.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I just miss oldschool mk, you block or you get hit lol. None of this lame stagger, 50 50 gimmicky bullshit lol. Ehh not sure about everyone, if everyone could zone yeah. But only some can zone while others are op up close :p
Like how old school you talking? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that even the oldest mk games had some sort of stagger pressure in it.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I never see anyone punishing it and reason I say hes busted is because hes too good with all those tools. Multiple kbs, dumb pressure up close, unblockable command grabs and a fb that goes practically full screen. I get it hes a rushdown guy but so are other characters that aren't so braindead up close. That being said, i dont mind agreeing to disagree.

To make matters worse nrs refuses to nerf him and refuses to buff raiden, that's my biggest issue and many others I'm sure.
They just nerfed his FB.

MKF30

They just nerfed his FB.
I know it's a high now, thank God for that it's still got great range though but at least it's a high. Jax is just really, really, really annoying to deal with in this game up close. He's easily the best in this MK out of every MK he's ever been in.

Like how old school you talking? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that even the oldest mk games had some sort of stagger pressure in it.
The older MK's from the 2D era never had staggers like the later MK's but namely MK 11 where every character has staggers of some kind, granted some more than others. But I'm talking from the 90's into the 3D era. But mostly the 90's games, it was just you either blocked or ate the combo(if you blocked you take chip which hasn't changed) or got hit.. There wasn't 50/50's. If you blocked high it blocked pokes and down low kick, high kick etc the only move you needed to block low were sweeps Back+low kick and of course throws you had to hold back, down and block. MK 11 just has gimmicks in it, which is why everyone picks the op characters with all the easy stagger set ups, into 50/50's(another thing NRS lied about saying they didn't want alot of again like MK X) but they're still in there lol. Hopefully that clears up what I mean though. I would be for throw escapes and of course good wake ups like MK 9 added if they remastered the older MK's if they wanted some newer elements to it, or just redo it polished but gameplay hardly untouched.

I'm still waiting for MK 4 re-released and MK HD classics that were originally planned.

Last edited:
Not really lol. If she can keep his broke ass far. But up close no.
That’s the thing though, Jade does an amazing job of keeping Jax out. She has a multitude of zoning options and her normals and advancing moves reach farther than his and are better overall. If the Jax player wants to play the zoning game here comes the purple glow. She does a good job of also whiff punishing Jax players since most things Jax will do I’m the neutral or out of block (f2, f3,3,etc) will probably whiff because of Jade’s great space control. Then you have her uppercut, which just shuts down any attempt by any Jax players to get in by jumping. And this may sound dumb, but Jade players have options to get out of Jax’s pressure, it isn’t impossible. Overall I think she wins.

MKF30

That’s the thing though, Jade does an amazing job of keeping Jax out. She has a multitude of zoning options and her normals and advancing moves reach farther than his and are better overall. If the Jax player wants to play the zoning game here comes the purple glow. She does a good job of also whiff punishing Jax players since most things Jax will do I’m the neutral or out of block (f2, f3,3,etc) will probably whiff because of Jade’s great space control. Then you have her uppercut, which just shuts down any attempt by any Jax players to get in by jumping. And this may sound dumb, but Jade players have options to get out of Jax’s pressure, it isn’t impossible. Overall I think she wins.
If she's full screen yeah, but if he gets in on her it's all over because it's beyond difficult to get space from him once he's in on her. She does have great zoning tools from mid far to full screen but sweep or close is when she's very vulnerable, especially vs Jax of all people. His pressure up close destroys hers easily and his FB has insane range so you don't want to be in the air against Jax with FB since that practically reaches full screen almost. Her D2 is good, like Subs, Shao Kahn's, LK's and a few others in the game as well though I rarely see good Jax players jump most of them tend to wave dash or just try to slowly get in on the ground. Nothing is impossible of course but it's highly unlikely to escape good Jax pressure especially if he has her or anyone in the corner, 99% of the time it's going to be bad for whoever Jax is pinning down.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
The older MK's from the 2D era never had staggers like the later MK's but namely MK 11 where every character has staggers of some kind, granted some more than others. But I'm talking from the 90's into the 3D era. But mostly the 90's games, it was just you either blocked or ate the combo(if you blocked you take chip which hasn't changed) or got hit.. There wasn't 50/50's. If you blocked high it blocked pokes and down low kick, high kick etc the only move you needed to block low were sweeps Back+low kick and of course throws you had to hold back, down and block. MK 11 just has gimmicks in it, which is why everyone picks the op characters with all the easy stagger set ups, into 50/50's(another thing NRS lied about saying they didn't want alot of again like MK X) but they're still in there lol. Hopefully that clears up what I mean though. I would be for throw escapes and of course good wake ups like MK 9 added if they remastered the older MK's if they wanted some newer elements to it, or just redo it polished but gameplay hardly untouched.
Ya, that's how I played those games back in the 90s too. I was 8 and didn't know anything let alone people played those games competitively.

I was thinking of the jab pressure that mk 1 and 2 had and the mk3 jab pressure. It's similar to staggering but not totally the same thing

MKF30

Ya, that's how I played those games back in the 90s too. I was 8 and didn't know anything let alone people played those games competitively.

I was thinking of the jab pressure that mk 1 and 2 had and the mk3 jab pressure. It's similar to staggering but not totally the same thing
They were easier to pick up but harder to master than these newer MK's. Oh if you played the oldschool guys like Shock, DeD, Miss Spin, the South American players etc etc in say UMK3 you'd be like shit, I have to practice haha. But I didn't feel jipped if I lost in those games nearly as much as these ones. I used to think kara jabs weren't that important but they are if you want to play more competitive in UMK3 anyway. But yeah, a lot of moves had pushback as well in those games. The cancelling jabs into block were fun.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Would anyone just pick up Cage already and win ANYTHING with him?
Paper theories are great but how about putting some in practice eh?

I hope ECT will finally shut me up because I just can't take all the twitter bullshit any more.