What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Damn this thread is completely out of control. Nerf Kabal this, and ban kabal that or Kabal is fine learn the matchup and he is not that bad. Top players screaming for nerfs! This thread is just filled with the most epic fail and epic awesomeness all at the same time. I just wish any of this was actually entertaining.

Here is the issue I see with Kabal. He is the only character in the game that can abuse the advantage given by special canceling a string. Since he can cancel the nomad dash before the cancel advantage frames have expired. No other character can do that. Characters like Smoke can dash cancel the Shake but not within a block string since the amount of advantage he has from cancelling is lower than the frames it take to cancel the Shake. If there is something within the make up of Kabal's move set that is broken it is that.

Now I know no one wants to hear about Kabal losing his dash cancels since that would change his play style around too much, but NRS has the ability to change things like frames via hot fixing and it would not be hard to either lower his cancel advantage off his strings, or increase the frames of either the nomad dash or the recovery off a dash cancel. Either one of those would increase every characters ability to punish Kabal for just NDC pressuring on auto-pilot and force Kabal players to work a lot harder for their pressure.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Their within lies the problem with this community. Blake is a really good sonya player, but he has not traveled to tournies and experienced offline kabal on the level of the three players we have been talking about.

People shouldn't be formulating opinions on things they have yet experienced and when other top players who travel say he is a problem, his opinion holds even less weight.

This whole thread is split into two groups. People who have been to majors and have played the best(CDjr, Me, Death, Slips,Pig) and people who have only watched the stream, played their friends or only play online.

For some reason, the latter think kabal is fine. I wonder why.
Not for nothing, but I have played Kevo online many times, and let me tell you, for a while, he was BETTER online than what I saw offline (Winter Brawl and that previous tourney). Why? Because his execution is perfect even in KOTH lag. It's ridiculous. While I'm partially restricted, this guy is pulling off all sorts of crazy shit, and making insane reads. So yeah, if you play someone like that online, you can get an idea of how fucked up Kabal is. Even if you beat him 10-0, you can tell Kabal's stupid potential. I dunno if there are any Kabals like him on PSN though. He's the only one I've played online who seems unaffected by lag. lol.

Lulzlou

Noob
I dunno if there are any Kabals like him on PSN though. He's the only one I've played online who seems unaffected by lag. lol.
I try hard to use all of his tools online. I usually get blown up the first few games because I need to adjust to different levels of lagg.

I'm not a good kabal though lol

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
All of the top players seem to say that he needs to be toned down. I don't think it's bitching; it's just wanting the game to be as good as it can be. Kabal just seems too good at too many things. Well, everything, basically.

I am not a top player, but I trust the judgement of the top players.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
iAGB needs to be toned down ALOT. Kabal IS a rushdown character and needs to be treated as such. Kabals buzzsaw and overhead hooks should have no pushback on block and should be like -15. Kabal shouldnt wake up with Nomad dash/EX Nomad dash as well.
Man are you out of you're mind. Why don't you just turn him into another baraka or kano? However I do agree with the IAGB it is a tool for spam, that shit is not called zoning.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I don't buy it. Kabal is not S+.
Let some more time pass. The thing about certain characters being in the spotlight is that people are forced to break down the character.

Jax was S+ at one point too. Kenshi, Sonya, Cage have all been in the spotlight.

Stop calling for buffs/nerfs and break down Kabal's weaknesses, then exploit them with your character.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
I don't buy it. Kabal is not S+.
Let some more time pass. The thing about certain characters being in the spotlight is that people are forced to break down the character.

Jax was S+ at one point too. Kenshi, Sonya, Cage have all been in the spotlight.

Stop calling for buffs/nerfs and break down Kabal's weaknesses, then exploit them with your character.

Jax was buffed and suddenly the two people who used him were bodying people left and right, no one knew how to deal with Jax because they hadn't needed to learn the MU. Kabal has been top since the game came out and people have been discovering pro and anti kabal tech this whole time, but the arms race seems over and kabal (according to REOs MU chart and and many top players) is in a tier of his own.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Jax was buffed and suddenly the two people who used him were bodying people left and right, no one knew how to deal with Jax because they hadn't needed to learn the MU. Kabal has been top since the game came out and people have been discovering pro and anti kabal tech this whole time, but the arms race seems over and kabal (according to REOs MU chart and and many top players) is in a tier of his own.
Sorry, it just sounds like a copout to say "Welp, he's god tier, we lose. All other characters are lol. Better learn Kabal.".

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CD jr., removing the armor on EX dash would benefit characters like Cage, Jax, and Sonya more so than it would benefit a character like Freddy, who above all struggles versus 2 xx NDC, not with the EX dash. So I do not see how I am being selfish when I am advocating removing the armor on EX dash.

Re-read my points more carefully. Imagine if Freddy, Kenshi, or Kitana had Kabal's hitbox and EX dash. They would be overpowered, right? They would have very good zoning and very good defense, which is a deadly combination in all 2D fighting games.

While we may disagree on what should be changed specifically, my whole argument is that Kabal should not have one of the very best zoning and one of the very best defenses in the game. I still want the character to be top tier. Just not S+.

CD jr

Noob
CD jr., removing the armor on EX dash would benefit characters like Cage, Jax, and Sonya more so than it would benefit a character like Freddy, who above all struggles versus 2 xx NDC, not with the EX dash. So I do not see how I am being selfish when I am advocating removing the armor on EX dash.

Re-read my points more carefully. Imagine if Freddy, Kenshi, or Kitana had Kabal's hitbox and EX dash. They would be overpowered, right? They would have very good zoning and very good defense, which is a deadly combination in all 2D fighting games.

While we may disagree on what should be changed specifically, my whole argument is that Kabal should not have one of the very best zoning and one of the very best defenses in the game. I still want the character to be top tier. Just not S+.
the thing is that ex dash is not the only problem.iagb,safe 50/50 2ndc etc removing ex dash wont really change anything

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Sorry, it just sounds like a copout to say "Welp, he's god tier, we lose. All other characters are lol. Better learn Kabal.".

I don't want to see less character diversity at tournaments, but I won't hold it against players who want to win and believe Kabal is their best bet by a fair margin.

Kayamek

On a break
We don't need a new patch to nerf kabal we just need to learn a character that destroy him and discourage everyone from picking him. Let's wait the game develop

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
BodamEscapePlan said:
I'd never want to pick up Kabal.
BodamEscapePlan said:
Yeah, you know shit we might actually feel somewhat relative or attached to. There's no reasoning with you -- I get it.
BodamEscapePlan said:
The only legitimate answer I think we have is to not give a shit about these people who pick up Kabal for the sake of only winning. I don't pick up a character because I want to win; I want to have fun, be proud of myself and win.

I'm just going to tune out of streams when I see bums using Kabal, I don't care how they do. I'm not tuning in to see some pathetic tier-whore win with broken iaFB and NMDc, I don't care. Call me whatever you want but that's broken garbage that I'll discredit anybody for using. I'll keep my integrity and hopefully other players will as well. Keep doing what you do! I don't need Kabal to win.
BodamEscapePlan said:
Kabal is broken, end of story.
Nobody tunes in to watch Kabal players other than REO and for the record, I wasn't coming at you. You're the OG Kabal. I'm talking about people who pick him up long after the fact because they can't win with anybody else. Clearly, you've proven you don't need to use Kabal; now it's a matter of preference for you and whatever, you've earned that just as we all have. Except you, more so. I just hate to see dumb threads like this asking to be cut-down for people that want to gloat about their over-powered character.
BodamEscapePlan said:
Can you imagine how much more there would be had it not been Kabal? Lets say xSmokex vs Maxter or something... I'd say there'd be a lot more.
BodamEscapePlan said:
You do make a good point there.
BodamEscapePlan said:
I think he holds back the majority of the cast from actually winning anything. I miss the variety we used to see. No other character has the best pressure and the best zoning... I don't know this debate is stupid.

I enjoy low-tier/mid-tier characters for the sake of being the under-dog...clearly that's not the attitude I'm supposed to have so says the "elitist offline crowd."
BodamEscapePlan said:
Heh.
If stating a fact is "crying" then I guess it's just relative to this thread. Continue on with the useless dick-patting though, guys.
BodamEscapePlan said:
-_- <--- Me being emo about Kuhbawwwwl
BodamEscapePlan said:
BodamEscapePlan said:
BodamEscapePlan said:
nobody cares

M2Dave

Zoning Master
the thing is that ex dash is not the only problem.iagb,safe 50/50 2ndc etc removing ex dash wont really change anything
I know. You would most likely have to tone down the block advantage on 2 xx NDC and reduce the damage on an iaGB from 9% to 6%. But I am against completely nerfing the character to the ground. I do not mind if he is top tier as long as he is not S+.

I think every character should have a mismatch, including Kabal. It makes for a more interesting game.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
We should get a petition that we would all pay $5 for an update patching Kabal. Banning him would tear apart the community, but patching would work. Unfortunately NRS definitely won't patch it for free

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I loved kabal from the start. He's been a favorite of mine and hundreds of others I'm sure. If he gets nerfed because of cry-baby idiots, congrats not only you ruined alot of the game for us (not to mention how much effort and time it took to learn Kabal, thanks to you it could all be a waste) than by default Cage's frame data should get nerfed, Jaxes corner infinite, Cyrax reset, Kitana safe upclose fan bullshit, and Quans rune bullshit. It's even more pathetic that "high-level" players are agreeing with this amateur mentality. Cut the crap it takes no where nearly as much to take Cage, Cyrax, Lao to grand finals than it does Shang Tsung, Kabal, or Sonya. Don't discredit all the hard work that those ppl put into to get out of those characters. Do all the N.Wolf/Sub/Sheeva/Jade/Kano/Baraka users demand buffs NONE-STOP? No, and I'm sure they love their character with all their flaws. If you are half as intelligent as REO than I'm sure you could figure out a way to stop Kabal. "Oh we can beat Kabal but the match up is unfair"-Joke of mortal kombat 9. Dont even make this shit out to be as if this Kabal is the same as Mortal Kombat 3.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I loved kabal from the start. He's been a favorite of mine and hundreds of others I'm sure. If he gets nerfed because of cry-baby idiots, congrats not only you ruined alot of the game for us (not to mention how much effort and time it took to learn Kabal, thanks to you it could all be a waste) than by default Cage's frame data should get nerfed, Jaxes corner infinite, Cyrax reset, Kitana safe upclose fan bullshit, and Quans rune bullshit. It's even more pathetic that "high-level" players are agreeing with this amateur mentality. Cut the crap it takes no where nearly as much to take Cage, Cyrax, Lao to grand finals than it does Shang Tsung, Kabal, or Sonya. Don't discredit all the hard work that those ppl put into to get out of those characters. Do all the N.Wolf/Sub/Sheeva/Jade/Kano/Baraka users demand buffs NONE-STOP? No, and I'm sure they love their character with all their flaws. If you are half as intelligent as REO than I'm sure you could figure out a way to stop Kabal. "Oh we can beat Kabal but the match up is unfair"-Joke of mortal kombat 9. Dont even make this shit out to be as if this Kabal is the same as Mortal Kombat 3.
Cages upclose game is legit, there are clear answers to each situation. Same applies to Kitana. Quan Chi lives and dies by his meter.
If you can keep Jax midscreen the infinites arent a problem, Cyrax and smoke resets are BS but at least you can break them or prevent them from dong it.

Kabal on the other hand...

ROUND 1... FIGHT!

iAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGB

How does any character stop that? Give me an answer.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
For those of you who say kabal is not broken or that he doesnt need nerf yall need to shut the fuck up and take it personal,yall have no right to say shit like that unless you have played reo detroit or kevo no fucking right at all why? because by saying shit like that you are creating this fantasy world where kabal is fine the way he is and then you gonna have more stupid people like you believing you and then the character will never get nerfed. m2dave dude you only say the armor dash is the problem because you have a character that can deal with kabals fireball and thats selfish as fuck dude just like how you complain about smoke because smoke stops all kinds of zoing freddy can do.stop thinking only about what benefits your character dude i like you and all and respect you but that shit is pissing a lot of people off.and you know whats sad about all this i know for a FACT that IF a nerf does come kabal still gonna be the best in the game just because the way he was made.maxter and i have been messing around with lao also and im starting to believe that he might still a top 5 character even after the nerfs but i need to keep doing more research.fuck you kabal and fuck all who think the character is ''fine'' the way he is yall make me sick.
You da bess.

I think every character should have a mismatch, including Kabal. It makes for a more interesting game.
You also = da bess. These exact same arguments were going in circles and circles over 1.04 Kung Lao - people defending him in spite of his obvious ridiculousness, and people who didn't want to see him decimated in his strength, just toned down a bit so he wasn't out of control. Then they nerfed him, and guess what? He's STILL a versatile, devastating sonofabitch, easily/arguably a Top 5 character, but no one bitches about him anymore because he was BALANCED.

Fuck yeah Kung Lao. Putting on a hat made me such a better player (except online :( ).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Cages upclose game is legit, there are clear answers to each situation. Same applies to Kitana. Quan Chi lives and dies by his meter.
If you can keep Jax midscreen the infinites arent a problem, Cyrax and smoke resets are BS but at least you can break them or prevent them from dong it.

Kabal on the other hand...

ROUND 1... FIGHT!

iAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGBiAGB

How does any character stop that? Give me an answer.
Spike.

:REO

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wrong.

Because people are still trying to poke after 2 NDC and shit like that. I'm not talking just randoms who aren't hip to frame data. I'm talking solid players are doing stuff like this still. Also people still don't entirely value the importance of positioning against this character.