What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Back on topic. Banning Kabal isn't the answer. It's not the players fault they can 2ndc you nearly to death. They didn't put that in the game. If Kabal were to be patched make it something simple. Like buzzsaw has no push back and a high. Or remove 2 ndc if possible.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
My whole problem with Kabal is that he supercedes the actual fighting game engine. He doesn't allow any character to play footsies or actually play the game itself. He's literally like a playable boss character. He is as bad as T6 vanilla Bob and almost as bad as T4 Jin. People who say he's fine, body autopilot or straight shit kabals online or in their local scenes and don't travel to tournies and compete at the highest level.

Civil War-Kevo Da Man
On the edge 2-REO
Console Combat-MasterD
Comicpalooza-Cat
UFGT8-Kevo Da Man
Toryuken-REO

All Kabal wins in the past couple weeks. I can't wait till Morty, Detroit, Cat and Reo all place top 8 at MLG using Kabal.
And this topic is posted again.
:coffee:

The only thing NRS needs to do to fix Kabal, is limit the amount of strings that he's able to link nomad dash off of. He can link dash off anything, where as other characters have limits to the strings they can link special moves into. Just limit the stings and make sure none of them have frame advantage. MK games are the only game that I know of that allows normals to chip on block and some how block infinites always end up in the game. Give him some cool down on his iaf's and limit his strings and the problem will be solved, if they do that kabal will still be a top tier character but not border line broken like he is now.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Isn't that the problem Box? lol....it's all gonna be KUH BAWLS!
And I'll be the only idiot at shows still playing Cyrax. *sigh*

My whole problem with Kabal is that he supercedes the actual fighting game engine. He doesn't allow any character to play footsies or actually play the game itself. He's literally like a playable boss character. He is as bad as T6 vanilla Bob and almost as bad as T4 Jin. People who say he's fine, body autopilot or straight shit kabals online or in their local scenes and don't travel to tournies and compete at the highest level.

On the edge 2-REO
Console Combat-MasterD
Comicpalooza-Cat
UFGT8-Kevo Da Man
Toryuken-REO

All Kabal wins. I can't wait till Morty, Detroit, Cat and Reo all place top 8 at MLG using Kabal.
And this topic is posted again.
:coffee:
Thank you, Kizzle, for getting it.

It's not gonna do a damn thing to help us expand or hold on to those players who are already on the fence over the myriad of issues this game has even before factoring him in, but seeing as the focus is now on the survival of the strongest and weeding out the weaklings instead of inspiring more people to get onboard (which is insane to me, but what do I know, I'm just a Box), I guess it'll work for those who are more concerned with victory and cashing in than the growth & longevity of the tournament scene.
If it was me making those big paydays, I can't honestly say I'd be that concerned, either.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
lol at the ones that really believe Kabal will be fixed. The only possible solution to avoid him killing the game is the BAN.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
WTF is everybody hating on NDCs for? Theyre nothing special. If you think he's gonna cancel off of any string other than 111 or 2 NDC just do ur fastest launching string...

I've been saying this for the longest time now. Its the fireballs that kill the footsie game, NOT NDCs

The only thing NRS needs to do to fix Kabal, is limit the amount of strings that he's able to link nomad dash off of. He can link dash off anything, where as other characters have limits to the strings they can link special moves into. Just limit the stings and make sure none of them have frame advantage. MK games are the only game that I know of that allows normals to chip on block and some how block infinites always end up in the game. Give him some cool down on his iaf's and limit his strings and the problem will be solved, if they do that kabal will still be a top tier character but not border line broken like he is now.

Just because he can link dashes off of anything, doesnt mean he's at advantage after everything, start learning to interupt him with something other than a poke.

Pokes suck

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
WTF is everybody hating on NDCs for? Theyre nothing special. If you think he's gonna cancel off of any string other than 111 or 2 NDC just do ur fastest launching string...

I've been saying this for the longest time now. Its the fireballs that kill the footsie game, NOT NDCs

Just because he can link dashes off of anything, doesnt mean he's at advantage after everything, start learning to interupt him with something other than a poke.

Pokes suck
This I agree with. If the biggest problem he had was NDC's, he'd be a much different story. It's one of, if not THE, most unique tactics in the game, and it's what makes him solid as fuck and stands him out from the rest.

The man is great at everything. Not a few things, everything.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
For God's sake, I love you guys and all, but this is getting ridiculous. I've seen this exact level of hype given to other characters who make the top-tier discussions and now is no different. Can we drop this trend for once?

I myself have tried Kabal for a bit and he just didn't interest me. To assume that all players will just jump on the Kabal bandwagon to win is kind of silly. It's like you're implying that the other characters can't compete, which isn't true.

Obviously Kabal is a very deadly character to go against, but this is why you will just have to hit the lab and learn what your characters can do against him. It's not hopeless. Though, I can already see that my words will just fall on deaf ears, so it hardly matters if people think I'm ignorant.

Sooner this thread gets closed, the better. It's stuff like this that will only hurt us as players.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Kabal would suffer from shitty punishes and BnBs if the NDC gets nerfed. He'll be an over-glorified Kano IMO. There is a reason why Kabal arguably has the DEEPEST learning curved (try not getting carpel tunnel). He does in fact NEED IT. Increase recovery frames for IAGB if anything, the fucking thing is like +4 or 5 on block.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
For God's sake, I love you guys and all, but this is getting ridiculous. I've seen this exact level of hype given to other characters who make the top-tier discussions and now is no different. Can we drop this trend for once?

I myself have tried Kabal for a bit and he just didn't interest me. To assume that all players will just jump on the Kabal bandwagon to win is kind of silly. It's like you're implying that the other characters can't compete, which isn't true.

Obviously Kabal is a very deadly character to go against, but this is why you will just have to hit the lab and learn what your characters can do against him. It's not hopeless. Though, I can already see that my words will just fall on deaf ears, so it hardly matters if people think I'm ignorant.

Sooner this thread gets closed, the better. It's stuff like this that will only hurt us as players.
I agree, brother Blake...I really hope this ends up just being another passing phase.
The thought of everyone picking up hookswords is too dull for my tastebuds to enjoy.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

Pokes suck
So basically pick up cage or sonya with their quick combo starters?

J/K. Kabals NDC game is a guess for himself, if he wants to dash cancel off anything other than 2 ndc then you can interrupt him with a poke, but like he will care and stop doing it until he gets taking realistic damage for NDC cancelling, then it becomes a guess to whether you want to escape again, so he will commit to the dash, or if you want him to think you do, and you block the dash for a full combo anyway....

I dont think any of smokes launching normals will interrupt a NDC though so im sure this info isnt universal.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I've been saying this for the longest time now. Its the fireballs that kill the footsie game, NOT NDCs.
I still say EX dash is the biggest problem. No zoning character in this game should have an armor move that can be canceled. There is at least some risk involved with Freddy's EX teleport and Kenshi's EX Spirit Charge. With EX dash, there is no risk, which is what separates Kabal from other zoning characters. I would suggest removing the armor and placing it on the EX overhead.

And change 2 xx NDC's block advantage to something reasonable. Possibly +2.

These two changes would fix the character, yet still keep him top tier.

You make it sound so easy. When your playing a high hit box character like the ones I use, NDC off standing 2 is a big problem. Even if they don't do the infinite, they still mix it into their strings which keeps them at random frame advantage. Every time they NDC off a 2 their next follow up is free. I think Ikizzle is right when he says that kabal supercedes the game engine and also when he says that the people who say he's fine, is just simply cuz they don't know what they are talking about.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to tell you. You say to do a fast launching string, but what you don't realize is that they cancel into d3 which will make your fast launching string whiff if the first hit is not a true mid. I don't know how many times I've tried doing Liu's standing 213 and got hit by a d3 which allows them to continue the pressure. The only thing most characters have is a fast low poke.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
So basically pick up cage or sonya with their quick combo starters?

J/K. Kabals NDC game is a guess for himself, if he wants to dash cancel off anything other than 2 ndc then you can interrupt him with a poke, but like he will care and stop doing it until he gets taking realistic damage for NDC cancelling, then it becomes a guess to whether you want to escape again, so he will commit to the dash, or if you want him to think you do, and you block the dash for a full combo anyway....

I dont think any of smokes launching normals will interrupt a NDC though so im sure this info isnt universal.
9f standing 2
214 if he blocks, 21Sb on hit

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I still say EX dash is the biggest problem. No zoning character in this game should have an armor move that can be canceled. There is at least some risk involved with Freddy's EX teleport and Kenshi's EX Spirit Charge. With EX dash, there is no risk, which is what separates Kabal from other zoning characters. I would suggest removing the armor and placing it on the EX overhead.

And change 2 xx NDC's block advantage to something reasonable. Possibly +2.

These two changes would fix the character, yet still keep him top tier.
They wouldnt change anything significant about him though, he would still completely disregard MK9s meta-game by spamming fireballs.

REO can kabal combo from his standing 2?
21 dash

You make it sound so easy. When your playing a high hit box character like the ones I use, NDC off the 2 is a big problem. Even if they don't do the infinite, they still mix it into their strings which keeps them at random frame advantage. Every time they NDC off a 2 their next follow up is free. I think Ikizzle is right when he says that kabal supercedes the game engine and also when he says that the people who say he is fine is just simply cuz they don't know what they are talking about.
the advantage isnt random, go read it. The big hitbox characters arguement doesnt really matter because its a difference of +2 frames to deal with as long as it isnt 2NDC, so a character like SZ can mash 22 on cancels and all Kabal can do is poke or armour.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
9f standing 2
214 if he blocks, 21Sb on hit
i just checked that and off f32 ND (+2) his next f3 becomes 11 frames so yeah i have 2 frames to standing 2 out from that, but if he follows up with any of his faster strings than f3 then i cant interrupt unless its d1 or d3, as i already thought.

His standing 2 is what Flightwolf stopped me with when i tried to standing 2 out of his +2 advantage cancels, he could have full combo'd me while i was trying it, confirming that smokes very fucked outside of pokes and EX shake guesses.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
All I'm gonna say is that 95% people in this thread have yet to play Detroits, Kevo's or Reo's kabal OFFLINE.
These same people should have no say on how dumb or stupid kabal really is, especially based on online kabal's or watching a stream. In fact, most of these people have never been to an actual tourny in the first place.

And I will bet that 90% of the people in this thread who say he's fine will speak a different tune when they play the aforementioned players offline.

I personally think Kabal is fine as he is. The only possible nerf I can see that would be reasonable would be to slow his IAGBs. Maybe make them as fast as Kitana's IAFs?