What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Flagg

Noob
NKZero, Kabal getting a damage nerf is a worthless nerf. It's the properties of his moves that makes him ridiculous. Taking away armour might be a start, but I believe the problem lies with the NMD cancelling and his stupid zoning.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Instant air gas blasts are not hard to do.

His NDC's require good execution, but doesn't he have a NMD infinite? I still believe Skarlet is moderately harder to use than Kabal.

The character needs nerfing, that's a given. I think one of two things would be "fair".

Buzz saw hitting high. This would make his retarded zoning not as retarded, and i'd assume it would stop, stopping stuff like teleports.

Restrict what strings can be NMD cancelled. Everyone keeps saying 2 nmd is a infinite? Well just take the cancel away.

Restrict the amount of air fireballs he can fire.

That's three nerfs, nothing ridiculous, and I think implimenting two of those would be fair for all.
buzzsaw hitting high,yeah,great suggestion,one less thing for us to read and punish,gj,really hurts kabal.

the only way someone would complain about iAGB is if they were jumping a lot,something a good player doesn't.

Every fighting game has people who want to play,not to have fun,but to win,deal with it,kabal requires time to learn,if people pick them up just to win,it'll show and they'll get blown up.

your game needs to lvl up,that's a given.

this coming from a subzero main,kabal is nowhere near broken,wanna take away tools?make Sonya's kartwheel punishable.

Flagg

Noob
buzzsaw hitting high,yeah,great suggestion,one less thing for us to read and punish,gj,really hurts kabal.

the only way someone would complain about iAGB is if they were jumping a lot,something a good player doesn't.

Every fighting game has people who want to play,not to have fun,but to win,deal with it,kabal requires time to learn,if people pick them up just to win,it'll show and they'll get blown up.

your game needs to lvl up,that's a given.

this coming from a subzero main,kabal is nowhere near broken,wanna take away tools?make Sonya's kartwheel punishable.
I wouldn't worry about my gameplay sunshine, if you think Sonyas cartwheel is harder to deal with than Kabals shit. Ever heard of njp her cartwheel?

Lulzlou

Noob
Thank you for the kabal support :]

I don't agree with the argument that we have it hard so it should be okay. It is bullshit. Kabal is the best, everyone agrees, but that doesn't mean kabal players that actually train in footsies, zoning, spacing, ect should be respected just because its "hard."

If anything the low tiers have it hard. Execution doesn't make a character hard. I feel like the only thing that is hard about kabal is getting passed the flow-chart phase, which not many people can do apparently. If you can't beat a flow-chart kabal then that is your fault. But if you can't beat a kabal that uses everything that he has to offer, respect him and don't bash the character.

I feel like most of the people that bash kabal get too excited when they beat him in a match then complain when they can't. What top players do you see actually complain so much that they think he should be banned? All of them admit kabal is fucked up but they still work around it.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Kabal shouldn't be banned, that's stupid.

Kabal has every tool he needs to beat everyone however...a rushdown character with ridiculously good zoning? Then you have to be scared to death to zone back for fear you'll get hit with like a 30% combo into reset into additional ndc pressure.

A possible block infinite too?

Execution is not a compelling argument for why he should be left alone either.

A ban is stupid, NRS should reevalute this character though, not the community going on a banning spree.

People should grind out their bad match ups and put in work, that I agree with and it will actually help the game evolve in a positive way.

I have issues with several characters and how they were balanced, not just Kabal.

Lulzlou

Noob
Flagg, If you can njp every single cartwheel, you can punish everything kabal can do too because obviously you are really good at making reads.

Also,
The saw wont do anything in ndc pressure/mix-up anyway. I'm pretty sure most kabals will start doing the sweep instead if the buzz saw hit high. Well, flow-chart kabal's will get hurt by it if they are the zoning kind.

I don't even saw anymore with my mix-ups unless I'm in a match with characters I need a bit of spacing with. His sweep is 12frames and -2 on block, which is better for mix-ups imo.

Flagg

Noob
All parries beat Sonyas cartwheel, even the ex ones. Okay, so not everyone has a parry. If you think she will cartwheel, then zone the bitch out, play mid screen. There are at least certain tactics that can be used on her. Kabal excels in just about every department.

The nerf for buzzsaw was to restrict his runaway game... you could close distance on him quicker without having to dash block duck for fear of the buzzsaw.

I dunno, characters with no armour especially find the Kabal match up exceptionally hard.

Haha, everyone could just get a pocket Jax if they think pocket Kabals will be such a problem :p

Flagg

Noob
Lulzlou, I guess the problem is, people see how good REO is with Kabal, and think "yes, that could be me". Then others see how good CD Jr is with Jax and think "yes, that's my solution to Kabal", and people don't realise it will take forever to get that good.

I concede that NMD cancelling isn't easy to do, but his zoning game is brain dead.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
He's got swords and sounds like Darth Vadar and moves faster than the Flash. His intimidation factor alone makes him OP.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
This character beats everyone ATLEAST 6-4. There is only one character that could go 5-5 against him and thats reptile. Kabal is ridiculous. He can iagb at a low enough level to the point where you cant do anything but dash in, his iagb are low and fast enough to hit jax out of dash punch and keep any character from throwing projectiles at this character. A good player with good footsies SHOULD NOT lose to anyone with this character. Execution does not make up for how broken this piece of shit is. Autopilot kabals lose tournaments because they cant do anything BUT zone. The downfall of most zoners is that they put themselves in patterns, have a weak footsie game, and crack under pressure. If you play the MU correctly you SHOULD NOT lose a match with this character. Look at REO for instance, this dude has good footsies and knows how to deal with pressure and mixes up all the time. He not an autopilot and that is why he places in the top 3 for every tournament he enters. Who really beats him besides JR? REO overcame his fear of jax and will most likely start winning all the majors he goes to. REO and detroit are the only 2 tournament kabals that dont fall in the autopilot list. If detroit mained kabal him and reo would be 1st and 2nd every tournament. You guys cant compare autopilots to reo. REO is kabal at the highest level not Kevo, cat, or ac1984. Guys need to get real, REO isnt losing to any Jax player STOP saying jax is kabal's counter because its NOT.

Lulzlou

Noob
Flagg True lol.

I only zone to anti-zone or against subzero, cyrax and a few others. Cage too if I really need to

I love playing footsies too much. Maybe that is why I lose.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Why doesn't Kabal win every tournament if he's SOOOOO OP?
Because everyone that autopilots iagb with kabal only knows how to do that and nothing else. Its kinda like how Tom Brady explains sub zero, you cant ONLY just sit behind the clone and be a turtle sub zero or be an agressive sub zero. You have to be a complete sub zero which is what tom brady is and thats why he is the best. Same with REO, hes a complete kabal not autopilot iagb kabal or a NDC agressor.

Death

Noob
Kabal is broken. Reason why Kabal isnt winning everything is because CDJr is just that good. If CDJr wasnt around REO and his Kabal would be winning everything since devestation. Their would probably be a nerf already for Kabal. Curbo is right. Kabal beats every1 really bad. A MU that feels tough is probably even cuz he wrecks every1 so bad. This character needs to be addressed. He has everything aside from a shitty x-ray.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Because everyone that autopilots iagb with kabal only knows how to do that and nothing else. Its kinda like how Tom Brady explains sub zero, you cant ONLY just sit behind the clone and be a turtle sub zero or be an agressive sub zero. You have to be a complete sub zero which is what tom brady is and thats why he is the best. Same with REO, hes a complete kabal not autopilot iagb kabal or a NDC agressor.
But guys like Master D, Detroit, Cat aren't braindead zoning Kabals, yet they still don't dominate every single tournament w Kabal. The ONLY dominant consistent high level Kabal atm is REO, and he could probably do that with other characters.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Kabal does need nerfs. I'm sick of this "execution heavy" b.s. I spent 15 mins in the lab and was doing iagb all day..I even got ndc's down. Won a shit ton of online matches with him...had my mk meet up with my friends and beat them all. Dropped him the next day. He's bar none the best in the game, but I hate playing as him. I feel dirty doing so.

Who honestly played the MK9 story mode and was like, "whoaa Kabal is cool, gotta main him!" I mean he got knocked out by Reptile immediately and Stryker beat Reppy's ass. Then 1 minute later he gets burned to shit lol. How is he cool? lol.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
people dont understand that the window on the block infinite is like 1-2 frames which is a (almost) just frame which you would near inhuman reaction to do it consistantly for and entire round

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
But guys like Master D, Detroit, Cat aren't braindead zoning Kabals, yet they still don't dominate every single tournament w Kabal. The ONLY dominant consistent high level Kabal atm is REO, and he could probably do that with other characters.
Cat falls into patterns, master D does breaks under pressure, and detroit doesnt main kabal. Detroit only plays kabal in the mirror against reo. Detroit uses his main shang if he were to use kabal he would be getting 1st/2nd at every tournament he goes to.

Lulzlou

Noob
Who honestly played the MK9 story mode and was like, "whoaa Kabal is cool, gotta main him!" I mean he got knocked out by Reptile immediately and Stryker beat Reppy's ass. Then 1 minute later he gets burned to shit lol. How is he cool? lol.
I thought he was awesome in story when I first starting playing. I thought he was really bad ass affter kano put all that shit on him.

I started to main him a month after I started playing competitively because I started to understand how to play the game in general. At the time I didn't know he was good as he is.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I wouldn't worry about my gameplay sunshine, if you think Sonyas cartwheel is harder to deal with than Kabals shit. Ever heard of njp her cartwheel?
i wouldn't worry about your arguements either,seeing as you provided none.

maybe you can't read,i didn't state i can't deal with sonya,i said if someone deserves a slight nerf,it's her.

if you don't wanna be criticised,don't post.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Here's the way i seen kabal

there are tiers

low
mid
high
execution

execution tier chars like kabal (maybe skarlet) benefit from good execution,if you have good execution,you have access to a char severely better than 90% of the cast.

while that shouldn't happen,he's in no way broken,just has a shitton of tools.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Why nerf Kabal? Just make the other characters better. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Noob has the potential to be one of the best characters in the game, an even more aggravating version of Kenshi.

I don't want to play a game where it feels I'm slapping the other guy with a towel until he falls down. I want to play a game where I hit the other guy with a javelin. I want my character to be a badass, and Kabal is a badass. Make everyone else a badass too.

And no, I don't think Jax is a counter for Kabal. I do think Jax goes even with Kabal though... And that's why he would be good to try and level up with.