What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage The Official Johnny Cage Combo Thread

Do you want me to put them in a Spoiler to clear space?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys and girls, I don't think these have been posted yet. Both are in A-List.

- Corner: F24 xx FK, 12, 12, 12, 12, xx ExNut, 12 xx Nut = 36% 16 hits 1 bar of meter

- Midscreen: F24, D1, F3 xx ExNut, 3 3 3 xx SK = 33% 10 hits 1 bar of meter

The second one pushes you from mid stage to corner, so it can be usefull in some situations.
The corner one is good, but the xxFK is unnecessary. You can replace it with d1 and get the exact same percent. A little easier.

Leonardo

Up the Irons! \,,/
I was trying some SD combos and I think that first page list needs to be updated after many patches/hotfixes.
This combo is still valid, guys?
f24 xx (ex) np, 21 xx mrs, 21 xx mrs, f24 xx np - 47%
I can't pull off right now.

rafaw

#YouSuck
I was trying some SD combos and I think that first page list needs to be updated after many patches/hotfixes.
This combo is still valid, guys?
f24 xx (ex) np, 21 xx mrs, 21 xx mrs, f24 xx np - 47%
I can't pull off right now.
Just go for f24, D1, F3xxMrs, run F3xxMrs, run F3xxExnp, F3xxNp

Leonardo

Up the Irons! \,,/
Cool...
Any reliable and good damage one on corner starting with 113?

I don't understand why fistcuffs was nerfed. Seems SD and AList have more resources.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I noticed we lack X-Ray combos in this thread, but they do extreme damage and are actually great to close a round. Here is what I use for A-List:

Midscreen:

F3[4]xxrun, 4xxX-Ray, run, f3xxnutpunch = 53% + 8-10% chip damage after = 61-63%
F24, d1, f3xxX-Ray, run, f3xxnutpunch = 56% + 8-10% chip damage after = 64-66%
F24, 12, f3xxX-Ray, run, f3xxnutpunch = 57% + 8-10% chip damage after = 65-67% (extra hard)

Connecting a throw during the block pressure should not be impossible, so Johnny has a potential 75-80% with 3 bars

I know i should get slapped for asking this question but how can i tell how many times i should do the b12's in a combo? I keep losing count so i lose damage or the nutpunch whiffs.

Asodimazze

Hey guys I am pretty new to A list and I was wondering what are some good online BnB?
Playing A-List with lag is nearly impossible, you better change character...he might be the hardest execution character in the game.
If you really don't feel like changing, try to use these:

F24, d1, f3xxnut
f3[4]xxrunxxf24, d1, f3xxnut
njp, 12, run, 12, f3xxnut
F4, f24, d1, f3xxnut (but if it lags even this combo might be too hard)
113xxnutpunch

Playing A-List with lag is nearly impossible, you better change character...he might be the hardest execution character in the game.
If you really don't feel like changing, try to use these:

F24, d1, f3xxnut
f3[4]xxrunxxf24, d1, f3xxnut
njp, 12, run, 12, f3xxnut
F4, f24, d1, f3xxnut (but if it lags even this combo might be too hard)
113xxnutpunch
What's his best variation for online play then?

You can connect a slightly charged flipkick (less than a second) after f3 midscreen. Couldn't find any real combos afterwards that f34rc or f3skrc can't do better though.

f3~flipkick (slight charge) run~f3~nutpunch (22%)
f3~flipkick (slight charge) run~f3~exnutpunch 12 f3~nutpunch (32%)

Doesn't seem like you can connect any other strings with a slightly charged flipkick midscreen. You can in the corner but you can just do a normal flipkick with no charge to accomplish the same thing.

Noob
Might be worth replacing Ci with xx or ~, since these are more universally recognized symbols/notation for cancels.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I play A-List online because it makes np so much easier.
In A-list you can actually just do f24 into nut punch due to the 20 frame start on A-list nutpunch. I can't do the f24, d1, f3xxnp consistently online so I usually go with f24 into NP.

When you use f24 xx np together with Johnny's D4 it's very easy to execute. Also, the opponent HAS to respect the at any time cancellable EX nut punch if they block the original one, so it adds a lot of safety if you do a bad np. I feel the other variations are much harder to execute online because they rely on run cancels. Hell if you do a exnutpunch that connects you can just throw out another f24 xx NP for easily executed damage.

You do however miss out on some neat spacing options that Stunt Double provides, so if you wanna use A-list online you better believe in your pressure game with normals - you can't afford to get zoned out.

What is dangerous with A-list online is simply how hard it is to use his run cancel's - tools that give his strings some amazing advantages for some pressure that takes us back to Johnny's prime in MK9. The only cancel I can do with somewhat succes online is the f3[4] RC 11 or 113 or f24.

So in the end, Stunt Double will probably net you a lot of results online compared to A-list. Also - dem green shades he gets <3

Asodimazze

IWhen you use f24 xx np together with Johnny's D4 it's very easy to execute. Also, the opponent HAS to respect the at any time cancellable EX nut punch if they block the original one, so it adds a lot of safety if you do a bad np.
This, unfortunately, is totally false. After blocking the first hit the opponent can do a reversal armored move that works as a punisher for your nutpunch and eventual MB Nut punch...it's not safe at all. We are just lucky that people don't know anything about Cage

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
So ive been trying to get a post X-Ray Juggle with more than run-f3-np and its really tight but might work.
Im still in the lab with this testing it out. Xray on a cornered opponent then run f3, flipkick.
I got the post flipkick d1 to connect once but you end up relatively far from the corner and the juggle is really hard to get.
Its probably gonna be easier going for run f3-skrc-d1 instead of the flipkick.
Gotta test it out tho and this sure aint no easy combo.
On a side note i found out if you're really quick you can connect 4-skrc-4 but that windows is really small aswell.
Could lead to some 1-Bar combos that come close to 50% in the corner though.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Did I say it was safe at any point in my post? I don't think so. Regardless, they have to respect the option. If they dont have meter and they wanna punish the seemingly failed nutpunch there's always an option for the Johnny player. The Johnny has to be careful as you say, if they have meter and suitable moves for reversals. But it still has to be respected regardless of what you say. Everyone does not play like Sonicfox online xd - so people will have to respect it. I said it adds a lot of safety, maybe a bad choice of words, but let me put it this way - I havent been fullcombo punished after a ex nutpunch like I have with the standard one. That's something at least. Also if they guess I will do the meterburn NP they might end up doing an EX slide (vs subzero for instance) instead of just punishing my regular NP with a 11xxIceball follow by tons of damage.

At no point did I say it was a safe move - I listed it as an option that can turn a bad situation around. Also, you can't punish anything consistently online lol.

But yeah, There's options for the other player who's on the recieving end, definitely.