What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage The Official Johnny Cage Combo Thread

Do you want me to put them in a Spoiler to clear space?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Can you reliably hit confirm f24 EX Fb? Not something i usually go for so will have to check it out, but doesnt seem ideal to me when you get punished on block?

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Can you reliably hit confirm f24 EX Fb? Not something i usually go for so will have to check it out, but doesnt seem ideal to me when you get punished on block?
I don't think it's possible but you can do stuff like F24 xx CDB1 so you can keep the frames on if it doesn't hit and only lose a little bit of damage. I think you can get armoured out of it however but can easily be baited with just F24.

EG

F24 xx CDB1 4 xx Ex FB D1 xx CDB1 NJP 12 12 114 xx Nut = 53%
F24 xx Ex FB D1 4 xx CDB1 4 xx CDB1 NJP 114 xx Nut = 55%

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I don't think it's possible but you can do stuff like F24 xx CDB1 so you can keep the frames on if it doesn't hit and only lose a little bit of damage. I think you can get armoured out of it however but can easily be baited with just F24.

EG

F24 xx CDB1 4 xx Ex FB D1 xx CDB1 NJP 12 12 114 xx Nut = 53%
F24 xx Ex FB D1 4 xx CDB1 4 xx CDB1 NJP 114 xx Nut = 55%
f24 x rising clone has completely nothing to do with hitconfirming f24 x Ex Forceball. Thats something else entirely.

You have millions of options, as you know. You can do f244 if people arent holding block and waiting to armour out (and still only -6 on block), f24x clone shadowkick for + frames and a combo on hit (some followup can be armoured on block) , f24 on its own for -5 so you can EX nut frametrap or backdash or something ballsy. If youre that desperate to spend a meter you can do F24x EX clone rising shadow, be + on block and guaranteed a followup blockstring or combo on hit with a little meter build and chip too. All of these things are notably safe, advantage on block, damage combos and all kinds of good stuff.

F24 EX FB gives you 2% extra corner damage on hit but is duckable and punishable between the 2 hits of the forceball if you block the f24. Stunt double forceballs hit high and have a gap in the string, and is on the list of things to definitely not dial on block.

NoMoreIdea

Bottom 5 Gatekeeper
UPDATES:
2015-07-21 : Added 2 corner combos they are marked in RED.
Also Put all videos in a spoiler due to the poll i've made.

Hey TYM i decided to make some video to people who's having trouble to find some combo for SD johnny Cage.

Ci = Cancel Into.

Meterless Midscreen 32%

F2,4 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - 2,1 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F3 Ci - Nut punch

Easy 1 bar midscreen combo 36%
F2,4 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - 2,1 Ci - EX Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F2,4 Ci - Shadow kick

1 bar Midscreen 41% (This one nutpunch is EX from the meterless one)
F2,4 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - 2,1 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F3 Ci - EX Nut punch - 4 Ci - Shadow Kick

1 bars Corner 51%
F2,4 Ci - EX DB2 - 1,2 - 1,2- 1,2 Ci - Mimic Rising Shadow - 1,2 CI - Mimic Rising Shadow - 3,3,3 Ci - Nut Punch

2 bars Corner 56%
F2,4 Ci - EX DB2 - 1,2 - 1,2- 1,2 Ci - Mimic Rising Shadow - 1,2 CI - Mimic Rising Shadow - 3,3,3 Ci - EX Nut Punch - 4 Ci - Nut punch

Last edited:

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
'Eyyyy. Sorry if this has been said before, guys - I haven't been keeping up with the thread - but, have you guys considered converting off a jump in kick in the corner? S'really easy.~

Simple shiz I got so far is just:
JI3/JI4, d1, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12xxnutpunch for a nice 30%

I only play A-List, I'm sure stunt double could get something heftier out of it. I dunno lol.

Johnny cage is amazing in this game haha. I never ever play Johnny cage but look what happens online on my first game ever with him... lol

Hey guys and girls, I don't think these have been posted yet. Both are in A-List.

- Corner: F24 xx FK, 12, 12, 12, 12, xx ExNut, 12 xx Nut = 36% 16 hits 1 bar of meter

- Midscreen: F24, D1, F3 xx ExNut, 3 3 3 xx SK = 33% 10 hits 1 bar of meter

The second one pushes you from mid stage to corner, so it can be usefull in some situations.

I'm pretty sure this was posted already but you can do this one in the corner for A-List or Fisticuffs. If they get hit by any of the 3's into forceballs it will still combo

333~exfb d1 12 12 12~nutpunch (34%)

NoMoreIdea

Bottom 5 Gatekeeper
1 bar Midscreen 44%
F2,4 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F3 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F2,4 Ci EX Nut Punch - F2,4 Ci Nut Punch

2 bars Midscreen 50%
F2,4 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F3 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F2,4 Ci EX Nut Punch - F2,4 Ci EX Nut Punch - 3,3,3 Ci Nut Punch

Meterless Corner 40%

F2,4 Ci Mimic Rising Shadow - 1,2 - 1,2 -1,2 -1,2 Ci Mimic Rising Shadow - 1,1,3 Ci Nut Punch

X Ray Midscreen 65%

Made a good but hard combo wiht X Ray.
F2,4 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F3 Ci - Mimic rising shadow - Run Cancel - F3 Ci X Ray - Run Cancel - F3 CI - Nut Punch

You can replace the Run Cancel - F3 CI - Nut Punch for Easy 61% by going Shadow Kick instead.

Last edited:

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Has anyone of you guys played around with mid juggle runcancel?
The only one useful i came up with so far was:
f3skrc,f24,d1,f3skrc,12,f3np(28%)

Working on f4, b34skrc juggles atm but that seems fairly tight.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Has anyone of you guys played around with mid juggle runcancel?
The only one useful i came up with so far was:
f3skrc,f24,d1,f3skrc,12,f3np(28%)

Working on f4, b34skrc juggles atm but that seems fairly tight.
Tight. How much stamina does it leave him with after the NP?

kelevra

Tight. How much stamina does it leave him with after the NP?
By the time you pressure with your first string again like a b34 youre back to full stamina for the rc.
But it still is very tight timing wise because if you do a 113 you wont be able to get 2 rcs.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I use this combo to get some corner carry this is for a-list

F3 DB4 (charge the flip kick for just a second ) rc f3 nut punch

Since you charge it for a second if f3 is blocked you just cancel the flip kick

Last edited:

kelevra

i have to correct myself.
if you do f3skrc,f24,d1,f3skrc,12,f3np you cant even follow up with 1 runcancel after the np.
the stamina test i did was without the f3skrc starter so this combo is pretty much useless unless you start with a raw f24.

swag:
f3skrc,f4,f4,f3skrc,12,f3np (28%) useless but damn that looks cool

Last edited:

rafaw

#YouSuck
Theres no point doing it as a bnb, but it looks cool af.
Best stay with f3skrc,f4,f24,d1xxnp or f3skrc,f21,d1,f21xxnp imo!

NoMoreIdea

Bottom 5 Gatekeeper
who said it was optimal combos there? some of them are like day one combo that i found and still decided to put them to help. Even if they're not big damaging combo, they're pretty simple to do. Some people are maybe strugling to do combos online because of stress that F24 D1 F3 Nut punch for 21% is like impossible for them. And i tryied to not take combos from the list that already exist on TYM. At least im trying to help and people like you should just not post and saying theres better combos because of course there is better way to deal good combo/damage.