What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage The Official Johnny Cage Combo Thread

Do you want me to put them in a Spoiler to clear space?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Above Human

Tekken over everything else
The only thing I've found that hits 40 percent 1 meter midscreen is incredibly difficult...

Jfp, b+3,4 skrc, b+3,4 skrc, f+2,4, d+1, f+2,4, d+1, f+3, bd+3 ex, f+3, bd+3 charge cancel...I believe that was 40 percent...if you were to replace the first b+3,4 skrc with a s4 skrc then it will either stay at 40 or possibly go to 41... I'm pretty sure that's absolute max damage...I never even thought about ending in shadow kick and I'm not gonna bother trying it...nut punch will yield more damage due to guaranteed chip...but ya that combo pretty much requires god mode execution...I've never even seen it in a combo video
Once again...review these last two post... important for a-listers...lets you know what the possibilities are... Obviously the jfp is just for max damage purposes...haven't seen these posted so I jus thought I'd share...

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I'm not sure if this is known as I don't see it in the opening post, but I realized that with A-List you can connect a JIP after F3(4) run cancel and still be in the same combo to get some extra damage. On block it goes over a lot of reversal attacks including X-Rays so depending on the matchup it could be a good bait to make them waste meter and even punish them on whiff. Probably it's known but I didn't see it before.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
What's the average damage johnny should be getting mid screen meterless?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Some may already know it, but thanks to the fast nutpunch tech A-List is able to get 29% for no stamina. No one uses it in match at the moment, but it's not that hard and I'll try to include it in my game soon.

Here is the most damaging meterless midscreen combo:

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Poking around for some info on SD BnBs, but the guide seems to be out of date.. Any SD mains able to give me a handful of the most useful BnBs someone picking up SD should be working on>? Ideally the most useful, practical and consistent stuff he has.. I seem to remember before (months ago, last time I looked at SD was when KP2 was announced as not coming to PC) SD had some crazy tight/difficult stuff.. if that is still the case, I dont mind a challenge, but I would prefer to err on the side of consistency and ease of execution vs 1-2 extra % damage.

Any way, thanks guys. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Poking around for some info on SD BnBs, but the guide seems to be out of date.. Any SD mains able to give me a handful of the most useful BnBs someone picking up SD should be working on>? Ideally the most useful, practical and consistent stuff he has.. I seem to remember before (months ago, last time I looked at SD was when KP2 was announced as not coming to PC) SD had some crazy tight/difficult stuff.. if that is still the case, I dont mind a challenge, but I would prefer to err on the side of consistency and ease of execution vs 1-2 extra % damage.

Any way, thanks guys. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck man I feel like the JC forums have been a ghost town as of late. I main SD but I wouldn't be able to give you any solid intell. Everybody just says play A-List but it's not that simple. SD is still pretty solid IMO, he's got some bad MU's but who doesn't. Good luck!!

EntropicByDesign

Good luck man I feel like the JC forums have been a ghost town as of late. I main SD but I wouldn't be able to give you any solid intell. Everybody just says play A-List but it's not that simple. SD is still pretty solid IMO, he's got some bad MU's but who doesn't. Good luck!!
Thanks, I appreciate the well wishes.. Yeah, I havent been able to dig up any post patch combo stuff.. Dunno where to start with trying to learn him.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Thanks, I appreciate the well wishes.. Yeah, I havent been able to dig up any post patch combo stuff.. Dunno where to start with trying to learn him.
What are you exactly looking for?
The SD combos aren't out of date since they never changed his combos other than confirming off of MSK in the corner.

Let me give you some midscreen examples:
No meter no mimic:

One of the best Johnny's BNB over all variations:
F24, S1/D1, F24, D1, F3 xx NP

1 meter no mimic:

F24, S1/D1, F24, D1, F3 xx exNP, F3 xx NP
113 xx exNP, F24, S1/D1/12(?), (F24 xx NP) or (F3 xx NP)

No meter 1 mimic:

F24, S1/D1/12(?), F3 xx MRS, F24 xx NP
113 xx MRS, F24, D1/S1/12(?), (F3 xx NP) or (F24 xx NP - not sure if that works)

1 meter 1 mimic:

F24, S1/D1/12(?), F3 xx MRS, F3 xx exNP, F24 xx NP

Can't think of the most optimised ones but search on the forum - there are his combos.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

What are you exactly looking for?
The SD combos aren't out of date since they never changed his combos other than confirming off of MSK in the corner.

Let me give you some midscreen examples:
No meter no mimic:

One of the best Johnny's BNB over all variations:
F24, S1/D1, F24, D1, F3 xx NP

1 meter no mimic:

F24, S1/D1, F24, D1, F3 xx exNP, F3 xx NP
113 xx exNP, F24, S1/D1/12(?), (F24 xx NP) or (F3 xx NP)

No meter 1 mimic:

F24, S1/D1/12(?), F3 xx MRS, F24 xx NP
113 xx MRS, F24, D1/S1/12(?), (F3 xx NP) or (F24 xx NP - not sure if that works)

1 meter 1 mimic:

F24, S1/D1/12(?), F3 xx MRS, F3 xx exNP, F24 xx NP

Can't think of the most optimised ones but search on the forum - there are his combos.

Thank you very much for this.

I guess I was wrong, but I jumped in to a thread here and saw that guide mentioned and someone said something to the tune of it being out of date and the combos having changed.. I guess it was me misunderstanding, or just being stupid and not trying things before assuming they didnt work, lol.

This is exactly what i wanted though, thank you!