What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage The Official Johnny Cage Combo Thread

Do you want me to put them in a Spoiler to clear space?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
That would be great, I could merge the thread then.
done :)

That's perfect man, cheers!
thanks to you! Great work man

I´m pretty sry for JC, i started playing reptile again, because he got buffed :/.
That´s why i kinda didn´t update the thread. Also i haven´t received any notifications aswell :D.

Well i still love JC, he will probably get one of my other mains. Also my RC skills became much better so i actually can execute the RC Stunt Double Combos.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
done :)

thanks to you! Great work man

I´m pretty sry for JC, i started playing reptile again, because he got buffed :/.
That´s why i kinda didn´t update the thread. Also i haven´t received any notifications aswell :D.

Well i still love JC, he will probably get one of my other mains. Also my RC skills became much better so i actually can execute the RC Stunt Double Combos.
Totally understandable man, thanks for throwing it in there :)

mrKrucifix

Just call me Kruce
I'm sure most of (if not all) of these combos are known already, but this video is well made and shows off some of what Johnny is capable of. I didn't make the video btw, just stumbled upon it.

Afterward, I started messing with A-List block strings to see how much chip I could get.

114 xx SKRC, 114 xx SKRC, 114 xx BF4

does just over 10% chip, and is a true block string. If you want to squeeze an extra few percent of damage and to stay safe, you end with EX DF2 for a total of 12-13% chip and a potential frame trap set up for a bar. If you wanted to stay safe and don't have meter, 114 is plus on block so just don't cancel the last rep into anything.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'm trying to boost his wall damage a little after connecting a NJP while defending the corner advantage, here is my combo:

NJP, 4xxdb2, 12, 12, 12, 12xxnutpunch = 35%

Not too easy but doable if you need more damage than the usual stuff.

Last edited:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Trying to incorporate this combo into my gameplay since the patch:

A-List only:
F24, 12, F3 xx bd3 (partial charge) = 25%

Allows for you to spend no stamina for the same damage over F24, 12, run, 12, F3 xx bd3

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Trying to incorporate this combo into my gameplay since the patch:

A-List only:
F24, 12, F3 xx bd3 (partial charge) = 25%

Allows for you to spend no stamina for the same damage over F24, 12, run, 12, F3 xx bd3
i doubt that both combos have the same dmg. Numbers are rounded

for example (that´s not the actual dmg)
f24 12 run 12 f3 bd4 - 25,49% = (rounded) 25%
f24 12 f3 bd3 - 24,51% = (rounded) 25%

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i doubt that both combos have the same dmg. Numbers are rounded

for example (that´s not the actual dmg)
f24 12 run 12 f3 bd4 - 25,49% = (rounded) 25%
f24 12 f3 bd3 - 24,51% = (rounded) 25%
Regardless, spending stamina in hit confirmed juggles is something that I am trying to remove from my play. I will gladly trade less than 1% to regenerate stamina.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Regardless, spending stamina in hit confirmed juggles is something that I am trying to remove from my play. I will gladly trade less than 1% to regenerate stamina.
Same here. I moved away from doing 12run12 f3np after i landed exnut.
Id rather go for f24 d1 f3np.
In general i always try to start my juggles with f4 after hitconfirming so im always at full stamina when i landed my np.

mrKrucifix

Just call me Kruce
I've actually been using F24, 11, F3 xx Lvl 2 NutPunch for 24% as my BnB lately.

Using 12 gets 1% more damage, but using 11 knocks them a little higher and connecting the charges NutPunch easier, IMO.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I'm sure someone has said something somewhere in the comments but is there a combo using or starting with stunt doubles mimic enhanced rising shadow? I love the move for breaking peoples guard but never seem to get damage worth mention off of it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Never Ex for Damage in combos only Ex for safety if the combo don't hit free jump in, and unbreakable dmg

It's hard to remove doing d1 after f24 from muscle memory. I've been trying to get used to:

f24 12 f3~nutpunch (25%)

If you want to ex nutpunch afterwards, I've found this one to be easy:

f24 12 f3~ex nutpunch f2~nutpunch (33%)

You can also do b3~nutpunch after the launcher as well. Trying to do f3~nutpunch afterwards seems inconsistent.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I've seen many good combos here but I came up with one my self. I am not sure if it's been known or not - didn't see it in the first post. It's a one bar corner carry KP 47% reset. F24, 12, f3, db1, rc,f3, db1, rc, f3, bd3(ex), 333, bd3. I have tested it only on stages - I don't know yet are they different in length as they were in MK9, so if some are longer we would have to end the combo after the 3rd knee into ex flip kick, giving us 43% one bar. It may also be hight dependent but in couple hours I was able to get it down to legit consistency. Btw, ST is fucking dope, just picked him up. Let me know how that works with You. I got nice 32% AA, cinsistant meterless reset but I will share in a while.

Last edited:

rafaw

#YouSuck
I've seen many good combos here but I came up with one my self. I am not sure if it's been known or not - didn't see it in the first post. It's a one bar corner carry KP 47% reset. F24, 21, f3, db1, dc, db1, rc, f3, bd3(ex), 333, bd3. I have tested it only on stages - I don't know yet are they different in length as they were in MK9, so if some are longer we would have to end the combo after the 3rd knee into ex flip kick, giving us 43% one bar. It may also be hight dependent but in couple hours I was able to get it down to legit consistency. Btw, ST is fucking dope, just picked him up. Let me know how that works with You. I got nice 32% AA, cinsistant meterless reset but I will share in a while.
F24,21? i think its 12 right? and after the first f3xxdb1, rc is another f3xxdb1 right? not a raw db1.

All stages have the same size in MKX!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
F24,21? i think its 12 right? and after the first f3xxdb1, rc is another f3xxdb1 right? not a raw db1.

All stages have the same size in MKX!
Yeah, my bad, sorry bro. I was on my way to work and was super hyped to share that combo. I will edit the post asap.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@Wam-Zlay

Great job in the OP with the stunt double combos. If I could make a suggestion, would be to incorporate more mimic BF4 corner starter combos. I think hitting those is common during corner pressure, either raw or off things like F3 xx MSK.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@Wam-Zlay

Great job in the OP with the stunt double combos. If I could make a suggestion, would be to incorporate more mimic BF4 corner starter combos. I think hitting those is common during corner pressure, either raw or off things like F3 xx MSK.
Thx man but the credit goes to someone else. I just copied all the SD combos into the first post

I can make a section for corner combos with bf4 mimic if you want. I haven't edited the thread for a long time