What's new

The official buffs/nerfs discussion thread.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mains-Ermac, Smoke, Sektor, Scorpion

Secondaries or Casually used characters- Rain, Kabal, Raiden, Noob and Sub-Zero here and there

Buffs: Ermac needs a damn fast overhead, Sub-Zero's clone imo needs to be like UMK3 clone, Wouldn't mind seeing Jade being slightly buffed. They nerfed the fuck out of his damage, took away his infinite which is fine, fixed his F4 issue, took away his 22 into TKS which makes a big difference.... I don't know why they're so reluctant to give him an overhead. His Up+4 is a joke.

Sindel, not a Sindel player but I totally get why her fans want her buffed. All she has is the turtle fireball game, and good wake up cartwheel. Other then that, she doesn't seem to have much. Personally, I used Sindel in UMK3 here there, they should redo her scream and make it more AA and have more priority up close. That little yawn animation the way it is now, is honestly pathetic compared to before...Maybe they could increase her damage too

Nerfs: KL's low hat, yes while he's been nerfed 100 times, he's still very powerful does he really need the low hat? No lol. I know they won't take it out but it should be slowed down drastically, he's too loaded, always has been imo. Still, KL from day one and still today is still one of the best in the game, damage nerfing aside. He's just as annoying and his spin has priority over most character attacks in the game...not to mention, they should remove the ability to HIT after X-ray, really of all people, does KL need this extra damage? NO.

Quan-Chi-Two words. ZUNE TRAP!! Fix it, fix it, fix it NRS....there are characters like Sindel that need buffing yet you keep this shit in? Come on...

Mileena's teleport kick, seriously I think this move has way too much priority over most moves in the game outside of a select few. It should be slowed down like they did to Noob's teleport and have less priority, example. If I'm Ermac or Scorpion and teleport, why the fuck does her's have priority and still hit me when in reality I should dodge i...so dumb. But after some research, I now have a new way to deal with this bitch and it's not Ermac... ;) but someone just as annoying if not more. Since they admitted, they're not touching her D4(another thing that annoys me, not the fact that her range on it is sick, BUT my issue with it is that she's like the only character that can D4 all day and avoid jump ins, fucking Bullshit...anyone else ducks, they eat it...not her. Bogus imo. I would also make her air sais after ex teleport harder to do or easier to punish.

Reptile's dash, I still think they need to nerf this to the point of perfected(which it isn't) sure it can be punished but the frame is SO tiny it's ridiculous, online not even going to go there since it's pure bs, but my question is on block, rep's dash should be SAME stunned frame as Kabal's....

Cyrax, while he's much better then before with his ridiculous "grab" free bomb, reset he still has relatively easy resets that do serious damage, I wouldn't mind seeing him toned down a little bit more.

Cage, 3 words...FIX HIS FRAMETRAP! Capice? Too many players rely on this shit and sadly, it's effective. It's pretty much Cage's "spin" that KL abuses, if you don't have a breaker and you're caught in this you may as well put down the controller. Way to deal with it? Keep Cage away, which not every character can do...nerf him.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Sindel, not a Sindel player but I totally get why her fans want her buffed. All she has is the turtle fireball game, and good wake up cartwheel. Other then that, she doesn't seem to have much. Personally, I used Sindel in UMK3 here there, they should redo her scream and make it more AA and have more priority up close. That little yawn animation the way it is now, is honestly pathetic compared to before...Maybe they could increase her damage too

Mileena's teleport kick, seriously I think this move has way too much priority over most moves in the game outside of a select few. It should be slowed down like they did to Noob's teleport and have less priority, example. If I'm Ermac or Scorpion and teleport, why the fuck does her's have priority and still hit me when in reality I should dodge i...so dumb. But after some research, I now have a new way to deal with this bitch and it's not Ermac... ;) but someone just as annoying if not more. Since they admitted, they're not touching her D4(another thing that annoys me, not the fact that her range on it is sick, BUT my issue with it is that she's like the only character that can D4 all day and avoid jump ins, fucking Bullshit...anyone else ducks, they eat it...not her. Bogus imo. I would also make her air sais after ex teleport harder to do or easier to punish.
Sindel's Scream in MK3 aka Sonic Dizzy is my favorite, it was LOUD and it was reverse of Kitana's Fan Lift. The funny thing is Kitana's Fan Lift is to catch people jumping in, Sindel's Scream in MK3 was to catch your opponent as she closes in... not to catch a jumper like in MK9. They did fix her Scream here but it has little priority due to the animation, the better use for AA would be 1~Scream or 3~Scream. Sindel is actually good right now, all she need is an armored move (Scream or Cartwheel).

Block > Mileena's Teleport Kick

Mileena's D4 = Sonya's D4 - you forgot to mention Sonya too!

You can punish Mileena's Ex Teleport Kick... Mileena has no safe move except D4. XD

Reptile's Dash online is stupid. The most you can really do is Grab OR a character with a fast uppercut even in the worst lag.

In regards to Kung Lao, he's fine BUT his Teleport 3 is spammed online like there is no tomorrow.

Death

Noob
Mains-Ermac, Smoke, Sektor, Scorpion

Secondaries or Casually used characters- Rain, Kabal, Raiden, Noob and Sub-Zero here and there

Buffs: Ermac needs a damn fast overhead, Sub-Zero's clone imo needs to be like UMK3 clone, Wouldn't mind seeing Jade being slightly buffed. They nerfed the fuck out of his damage, took away his infinite which is fine, fixed his F4 issue, took away his 22 into TKS which makes a big difference.... I don't know why they're so reluctant to give him an overhead. His Up+4 is a joke.

Nerfs: KL's low hat, yes while he's been nerfed 100 times, he's still very powerful does he really need the low hat? No lol. I know they won't take it out but it should be slowed down drastically, he's too loaded, always has been imo. Still, KL from day one and still today is still one of the best in the game, damage nerfing aside. He's just as annoying and his spin has priority over most character attacks in the game...not to mention, they should remove the ability to HIT after X-ray, really of all people, does KL need this extra damage? NO.

Quan-Chi-Two words. ZUNE TRAP!! Fix it, fix it, fix it NRS....there are characters like Sindel that need buffing yet you keep this shit in? Come on...

Reptile's dash, I still think they need to nerf this to the point of perfected(which it isn't) sure it can be punished but the frame is SO tiny it's ridiculous, online not even going to go there since it's pure bs, but my question is on block, rep's dash should be SAME stunned frame as Kabal's....

Cyrax, while he's much better then before with his ridiculous "grab" free bomb, reset he still has relatively easy resets that do serious damage, I wouldn't mind seeing him toned down a little bit more.

Cage, 3 words...FIX HIS FRAMETRAP! Capice? Too many players rely on this shit and sadly, it's effective. It's pretty much Cage's "spin" that KL abuses, if you don't have a breaker and you're caught in this you may as well put down the controller. Way to deal with it? Keep Cage away, which not every character can do...nerf him.
SMH at all of this. I'm glad your not calling the shots over at NRS.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Main: Smoke
Buff: Jade, I guess.
Nerf: Smoke, Cyrax, Jax.

Smoke shouldn't have any of those resets/glitches (mind you, I will continue doing the F4 reset near corners while it's around). Cyrax shouldn't have his either. Jax shouldn't have that corner bs. Basically, no character should be auto killing anyone who blinks for a second. I would complain about Quan Chi as well, but, come on, he really does need that Rune Trap to be anything above total crap.

I dunno anything about Jade, but people seem to unanimously agree that she's shit, so clearly she needs a buff of some sort.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Ive said it before, i uppercut the move on instant reaction.
I eat his boot while in mid-animation.
the d3 wont hit you in a neutral crouch until hes just about to ht the floor, and no kung lao online is gonna wait for that, uppercut the moment you see him do the kick :)

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Buffs:

Sub-Zero: The only things I'd really like for him would be slide putting him in a duck state, which was what the latest patch was originally supposed to do. Armor absorbing for his ex clone is a pretty cool idea as well, to counteract all the armor that was given out in the patches. One or the other would do IMO, but I think duck state slide would be better so zoners have something to think about before they start throwing projectiles too much.

Kano: Give. him. his. old. knives. back. Thank you. That's all I want, I don't need original upball since that was actual BS and agree that it needed fixing.

Sheeva: Give her Kintaro's move set, lul. Though I'm mostly saying that to use his X-ray and fatalities in training.

Johnny Cage: Fix his armor on ex shadow kick.

Noob: Lower recovery time on shadow tackle and slide.

Nightwolf: Make shoulder charge be able to hit people who are ducking. That always bothered me for some reason.

Nerfs:

Kabal: Change iaGB in a way that it's not as spammy, like making him fall slower after shooting it or giving him recovery time as he lands on the ground.

Cyrax, Jax, and Smoke: Remove the resets and fix Smoke's invisibility glitch.

Cyblax: Give his teleport actual recovery time.

MKF30

@ RM Death, lol right...that's why majority on here agree with it? You just disagree because I mentioned Mileena....be honest.

KL? Reptile? QC zune trap? yeah...so sure I'm the "only" guy who wants them nerfed lol. Apparently you haven't seen the many threads complaining of such out there.

Sindel's Scream in MK3 aka Sonic Dizzy is my favorite, it was LOUD and it was reverse of Kitana's Fan Lift. The funny thing is Kitana's Fan Lift is to catch people jumping in, Sindel's Scream in MK3 was to catch your opponent as she closes in... not to catch a jumper like in MK9. They did fix her Scream here but it has little priority due to the animation, the better use for AA would be 1~Scream or 3~Scream. Sindel is actually good right now, all she need is an armored move (Scream or Cartwheel).

Block > Mileena's Teleport Kick

Mileena's D4 = Sonya's D4 - you forgot to mention Sonya too!

You can punish Mileena's Ex Teleport Kick... Mileena has no safe move except D4. XD

Reptile's Dash online is stupid. The most you can really do is Grab OR a character with a fast uppercut even in the worst lag.

In regards to Kung Lao, he's fine BUT his Teleport 3 is spammed online like there is no tomorrow.
Yeah, I know in most cases she can be dealt with but on a laggy connection like say RM Death's Mileena, I couldn't punish her(but then that is online for you) Yeah, Sonya is also annoying with that but ultimately not quite as annoying as Mileena's D4 lol imo.

Reptile's dash online is dumb I agree, I was playing a guy other day all he was doing was "rep dash, rep dash block cancelling it" I beat him with Sektor, and he sends me mail saying "fucking spamming man, that won't work all the time" guy named Sk8terleap, so I'm like dude, you're using a top tier number one, two you're abusing a lag tactic so shut up" lol

You're right all you CAN do is grab, it's so weak. They need to nerf his dash like Kabal's on block, I know some agree, others disagree but he needs to be punished on block since you can just abuse that shit all day with little penalty. Know what I mean?

Yeah, KL is definitely better then before I'm just saying, considering how good he is he really didn't need that low hat lol. And yeah, I agree. The one thing now I'd nerf on him is his enhanced teleport, I don't care that it's 3 times but the fact that it's 3 times + armor properties? lol Just annoying to deal with.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
You're right all you CAN do is grab, it's so weak. They need to nerf his dash like Kabal's on block, I know some agree, others disagree but he needs to be punished on block since you can just abuse that shit all day with little penalty. Know what I mean?
The difference between Kabal's dash and Reptile's is that Kabal can cancel it at any distance he wants. He deserves to be punished for screwing that up. Reptile's dash has set points that allow him to navigate ONLY from point A to point B to point C. All it takes is proper spacing to deal with Reptile, especially offline, where Elbow Dash can be punished with more than a grab (albeit, not with your best BnB). If his dash left him as open as Kabal, he'd be shit tier. He's already not that great (maybe not even top 10) to begin with. Online lag just makes it seem like so. =P

Lag also makes Kung Lao, Cage, and Mileena better than they already are.

MKF30

True, ^ but in terms of speed and being able to also cancel the dash they're the same. Kabal's has a set programmed cancel command, Rep doesn't. You just cancel it with block but it's so lame. It's already ridiculously fast, I agree. Reptile's dash, while not a stunning move like Kab's dash, is just if not more annoying and faster. He can also hit you from mid screen where most moves are safe from counter attacks. Kabal's makes sense because it's a full run, Rep's should not go that far imo.

I hate facing rep's who do nothing but dash cancel, run under my jumps...I wouldn't care as much if it were easier to punish like Kabal's. He wouldn't be shit tier, he'd be lower and easier to fight. Reptile is a top character dude, not as good as he was but still good and annoying. But yeah, I agree on your second point. It's easier to win with those characters online especially.

Death

Noob
Mileena has slow normals and no armor. She needs her D+4. If she didnt have it then every character can rush her down and she would be worthless.

MKF30

Her hop kick is a very fast normal...and her D4 comes out good enough. I'm fine with her D4 in the point of it is to poke, my only issue with it is the hit box of it is inconsistent. What I mean are jump ins on her from her opponents, anyone else will eat it if you duck and hit D4 or D1, but she will dodge an attack with it. I'm fine with her range, the move itself is fine. The hit boxes however are just weird on it. Her teleport is one of the best moves in the game, if she didn't have that then I'd agree about her being rushed down by everyone.

However, one thing I didn't do myself until recently since Mileenas come and go is play around with the match ups(and this game is all about match ups). I don't see her as often as KL, Rep, Raidens, Cages etc, etc, she's apparently solid against most of the roster except a few people. One of which I happen to use who I haven't used lately against Mileena's in a while, but will now.

Vagrant

Noob
I'm really not complaining or demanding.... Just wishful thinking here

Maybe a tad less recov on spear?
Maybe speed up tele just a smidge.

BUT.....
I'll gladly take a 104% reset
Ridiculous unbreakables
An invis glitch
Or just a 70% bomb reset would be fine

If theyre going to change the game again I hope they fix the imput bugs, and do something about the random hurtboxes some chars have, there are some utterly absurd cases like cyrax doing the command grab on a crouch blocking mileena from point blank, its completely random, sometimes works and sometimes misses. Its hard to take the game seriously with such stuffs in it yet.

So after they fix that kind of shit they start rebalancing the game.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Main: Baraka

Buff: Jade, Baraka, Styrker, Sheeva, Sub-Zero.

Nerf: NO ONE! Fix the bullshit resets and all the characters that had them are fine!

Jade: I believe she needs slightly faster normals and a small damage buff and she would improve greatly.

Baraka: IMO and alot of other Baraka players, the main thing he needs is better recovery on his projectile. All of his specials knock the opponent away from you, encouraging zoning which is his major weakness. He also needs to be able to build meter SLIGHTLY easier. Blade spark will also whiff on low hit box characters if they are crouch blocking, which in turn only makes it more difficult to build meter.

Stryker: I'm sure he needs more work then this, but I'd say he needs a slight speed increase. His 1,2 string which is his main method of extending combos, has a really funny hitbox on it to me.

Sheeva: I would just like her b2,1+2, b,f,3 to no be stance specific, although I'm sure she needs more work as well. One of the characters I need to hit the lab with.

Sub-Zero: Just give him back his damage, and make his ground ice SLIGHTLY faster.

Death

Noob
Buffs/Nerfs id like to see.

Mileena- Make 2nd hit on ex tele an overhead. Meaning EX tele~Sai would be safe.
Sub-Zero- 21 hits all opponents on neutral crouch/neutral block. 1 hit of armor on ex freeze. Similar to Scorpions ex spear.
Smoke- Remove resets/bugs. Give him armor on ex smoke away/ex smoke towards
Cyrax- Remove resets
Jax- Remove corener resets
Kabal- Nerf IAGB slightly. Make only 1 on screen at a time
Noob- Slight recovery on projectiles.
CSZ- Armor on slide
Sektor- 12 hits all opponents on crouch/neutral crouch or armor on ex flamethrower
Sindel- Armor on one of her specials
NW- F+3 a low
Kano- Give his old knives back
Ermac- Make his ex tele safe on block. Similar to scorpions ex tele
Liu Kang- Buff his parry and make it similar to CSZ parry
Jade- Not sure but just a couple buffs wouldnt hurt
Sheeva- Make low grab hit standing opponents
Skarlet- Make her specials of her red dash a bit safer
Baraka- Make his projectile a bit better and make his specials safer on block.
Scorpion- Possibly make his B+2 safer.