What's new

The name of the next MK game

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
i am sure , i think the MK9 was never written MK9 by NRS, it's was MORTAL KOMBAT, and i think after the new mysterious trailer of old mk2 and new consoles they will call it MORTAL KOMBAT 2. it's like the new generation started when warner bros. started to support NRS
Just FYI, NRS had nothing to do with that trailer. I created it for the sole purpose of advertising an MK2 tournament on this site in November or December.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I dont care as long as they make it like umk3... Fast pased,get rid of weird standing animations mk9 has.

So basically UMK3 with hd graphcs, run or dash fast by pressing ff, no kara cancels, low and high strings, original smoke and cyborg smoke!!!

I dont care as long as they make it like umk3... Fast pased,get rid of weird standing animations mk9 has.

So basically UMK3 with hd graphcs, run or dash fast by pressing ff, no kara cancels, low and high strings, original smoke and cyborg smoke!!!
what are kara cancels?
CYBORG SMOKE :D
but eh, idk how they would go about making cy.smoke happen in the game considering how the story went in mk(2011)

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Can't be MK2. 'cause MK9 covered MK1-3. MKX would be good because X = 10. But I think they'd just go for something like MK: <insert story-related subtitle here>.

you mother fucker. i typed that same joke before scrolling up to see your post. why be on my wavelength? :p

Mortal Kombat X

Because it sounds kewl
Which game are we playing? MK2 or MkII?
I'm all for MK:X

Why? Because "X" is the Roman numeral for 10 (and it will be MK10) and X's are obviously cool ^_^
Mortal Kombat II would also be completely fine if they want to stick with the "re-boot" theme from MK9
Just please no lame sub-name like deadly alliance or deception
Those of you saying MK X should qualify why you think it would be a good idea to associate with the failed mk decade that i am saying NRS should disassociate with. At this point i think it'd be better for the series to call it MK II because of the marked shift in the series back to origins.
Original timeline:
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II

Rebooted timeline:
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat X

It would be cool because the sequel of both the original and new timelines would have Roman numerals. MK3 and even MK4 did not have the Roman numerals.

Original timeline:
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II

Rebooted timeline:
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat X

It would be cool because the sequel of both the original and new timeline would have Roman numerals. MK3 and even MK4 did not have the Roman numerals.
that's fine, i just dont like the idea of saying it's the 10th in the series when it's really its own new series that's based on the old games. It's like in dc how you have earth2. these games are earth2 because earth 1 sucked ass, lol

that's fine, i just dont like the idea of saying it's the 10th in the series when it's really its own new series that's based on the old games. It's like in dc how you have earth2. these games are earth2 because earth 1 sucked ass, lol
It should be called the tenth, because the original eight had to have happened for the reboot of the ninth to even occur.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
MK II has no footsies or fundamentals.

Let's start a petition to go back to Injustice.

It should be called the tenth, because the original eight had to have happened for the reboot of the ninth to even occur.
I would agree if it were linear. it's an alternate timeline/reality/world line (see the anime steins;gate. it is possibly the most similar thing to what happens in this series, lol)/universe though.

What about "MORTAL KOMBAT TWO"?

MK II has no footsies or fundamentals.

Let's start a petition to go back to Injustice.
You are looking at an alternate reality where the new MK game is worse than Injustice.
I would agree if it were linear. it's an alternate timeline/reality/world line (see the anime steins;gate. it is possibly the most similar thing to what happens in this series, lol)/universe though.

What about "MORTAL KOMBAT TWO"?
An alternate timeline, yes. However, it was only possible for the new events to occur, because the original eight did happen. No original eight, no new timeline. If it was a full-on reboot with no timey-wimey elements that had to do with the past, then I'd be fine with it being called the New MKII.

"Mortal Kombat Two" sounds too silly. Why not use numbers? :p

You are looking at an alternate reality where the new MK game is worse than Injustice.

An alternate timeline, yes. However, it was only possible for the new events to occur, because the original eight did happen. No original eight, no new timeline. If it was a full-on reboot with no timey-wimey elements that had to do with the past, then I'd be fine with it being called the New MKII.

"Mortal Kombat Two" sounds too silly. Why not use numbers? :p
sure, but there's a reason this game is called MOTRAL KOMBAT and not MORTAL KOMBAT 9. At this point it doesnt make sense for them to link it back like that. the point of raiden doing what he did at the beginning of the story was not to pay homage to the past but to say, "we made a mistake, we're sorry, we're going to do it right this time." even during the story raiden's like "yo my future self is telling me we fucked everything up, change what we're doing."

sure, but there's a reason this game is called MOTRAL KOMBAT and not MORTAL KOMBAT 9. At this point it doesnt make sense for them to link it back like that. the point of raiden doing what he did at the beginning of the story was not to pay homage to the past but to say, "we made a mistake, we're sorry, we're going to do it right this time." even during the story raiden's like "yo my future self is telling me we fucked everything up, change what we're doing."
Raiden's future self tells him that they fucked everything up, then he proceeds to fuck up in some areas of the past due to his future self's actions. Now those dead Earthrealm Champions are Quan Chi's bitches and the Netherrealm has the advantage.
(Perhaps Earthrealm and Outworld will join forces?)
Fix a mistake, only to create another one, even if it may not be as threatening to the existence of the realms themselves. These new mistakes were caused by fixing the other shitstorm in Armageddon.

Oh well, it's all up to NRS to decide what they're going to do with the name of the next game. Hell, they may not even put a number in there! Maybe they'll call it "Mortal Kombat: Catastrophy" or "Mortal Kombat: Usurpation".

Raiden's future self tells him that they fucked everything up, then he proceeds to fuck up in some areas of the past due to his future self's actions. Now those dead Earthrealm Champions are Quan Chi's bitches and the Netherrealm has the advantage.
(Perhaps Earthrealm and Outworld will join forces?)
Fix a mistake, only to create another one, even if it may not be as threatening to the existence of the realms themselves. These new mistakes were caused by fixing the other shitstorm in Armageddon.

Oh well, it's all up to NRS to decide what they're going to do with the name of the next game. Hell, they may not even put a number in there! Maybe they'll call it "Mortal Kombat: Catastrophy" or "Mortal Kombat: Usurpation".
Mortal Kombat: No more system exclusives edition, lol
Mortal Kombat: No more kabal... but mavado's the same character, lol
Mortal Kombat: We'll nerf brady's character again edition, lol
Mortal Kombat: We're trying really hard this time

i'd be fine with any of the above.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I don't wanna see scorpion as a guest character this time, it's not good for the block mechanic of the game... Oh wait.