What's new

The name of the next MK game

I've been thinking about this for a little while, so please bear with me. What if NRS decides to call the next MK game "MORTAL KOMBAT II"?

The reason i think this would be a good idean and that i think it would fit well with the current game and theme they're going to with is that MK2011 is a break from the failures of the past decade. Think about it, the game starts by raiden realizing that everything that midway did after mk4 was awful and taking us back to the roots. futhermore, all of the MK games that had some sort of title were games that marked MK's death. Calling the next Mortal Kombat game MORTAL KOMBAT II would be a way of saying that this really is a new series (or a reboot, rather) that still holds true to MK, but is not to be associated with the dark ages. I think this is what NRS was trying to do by just calling Mortal Kombat (2011) MORTAL KOMBAT.

I'd be interested to see what anyone else thinks on this issue.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I've been thinking about this for a little while, so please bear with me. What if NRS decides to call the next MK game "MORTAL KOMBAT II"?

The reason i think this would be a good idean and that i think it would fit well with the current game and theme they're going to with is that MK2011 is a break from the failures of the past decade. Think about it, the game starts by raiden realizing that everything that midway did after mk4 was awful and taking us back to the roots. futhermore, all of the MK games that had some sort of title were games that marked MK's death. Calling the next Mortal Kombat game MORTAL KOMBAT II would be a way of saying that this really is a new series (or a reboot, rather) that still holds true to MK, but is not to be associated with the dark ages. I think this is what NRS was trying to do by just calling Mortal Kombat (2011) MORTAL KOMBAT.

I'd be interested to see what anyone else thinks on this issue.
i am sure , i think the MK9 was never written MK9 by NRS, it's was MORTAL KOMBAT, and i think after the new mysterious trailer of old mk2 and new consoles they will call it MORTAL KOMBAT 2. it's like the new generation started when warner bros. started to support NRS

Matix218

Get over here!
I'm all for MK:X

Why? Because "X" is the Roman numeral for 10 (and it will be MK10) and X's are obviously cool ^_^

Mortal Kombat II would also be completely fine if they want to stick with the "re-boot" theme from MK9

Just please no lame sub-name like deadly alliance or deception

Those of you saying MK X should qualify why you think it would be a good idea to associate with the failed mk decade that i am saying NRS should disassociate with. At this point i think it'd be better for the series to call it MK II because of the marked shift in the series back to origins.