What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Improve into what? What is it you want for MK to become like?
To become like a game people actually want to play and watch? A good one, not defined by game sales? Idk, do you want me to design an entire fighting game on the spot or what lul not my job that’s nrs

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There is no saving this game. Year 1 is done and this game has another year tops before everyone wants the next nrs game. The best way to see change is to advocate for it now, before the next release, while they’re developing the next. Making sure the community understands that game actually did/does suck, is important for the future. Only way to improve it.
I seriously doubt that if NRS made the best fighting game of all time, and did so in the most objective and perfect sense, that you would have the capacity to say nice things about it.

Your commitment to pissing on the NRS community is amusing in rare times, but I don't know that I really want to trust your particular POV and hot takes on the quality of an NRS title.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
meanwhile there’s at least 100 empty chairs watching this nec top 8. All this blind brand loyalty is cool but some people want an actually good game. So yeah, us haters will just be direct about it and maybe nrs will listen to us and the hundreds of empty chairs at tournies.
There's been empty chairs for nearly every game at that venue this weekend -- so is this blind haterism? :coffee:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just look around. In the tech threads, in your friends list on psn, and at actual tournaments. MK11 smells like death and we all should realize its 100% because the gameplay is the not interesting to most people, period.
Tech threads are dead because fighting game websites are dead. Have you seen the Shoryuken and Tekken Zaibatsu forums? The TYM forums get a lot more traffic in comparison. There appears to be a generational gap as the younger audience chooses to communicate on Discord, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter.

The game is doing well in tournaments, and on my friends list, which is irrelevant. If Mortal Kombat 11 were as dead as you claim, the game would not have 10,000+ viewers and the final time slot at NEC.

Not just good for the same 5 certain tym posters you see in every thread who will now try to convince people these seats arent filled for “reasons” besides the obvious.
I have criticized every NRS fighting game that I have ever played, including Mortal Kombat 11. However, most of the criticism in this thread is so nonsensical that I am frequently forced to defend the game.

Mortal Kombat caters to a casual American audience, which explains why no Mortal Kombat game will arguably ever be like Street Fighter or Tekken in terms of international competitive appeal. I have accepted this fact and play Mortal Kombat for what it is and I am having fun. If you had the coherence and eloquence to express such thoughts instead of spamming "The game sucks" on these forums, I would be agreeing with you.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Shazzyam says:
meanwhile there’s at least 100 empty chairs watching this nec top 8. All this blind brand loyalty is cool but some people want an actually good game. So yeah, us haters will just be direct about it and maybe nrs will listen to us and the hundreds of empty chairs at tournies.
Let's take a look at Tekken7 Top 8:

Guys, this is what grasping at straws when you're desperate to hate on a game looks like :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Not a great comparison as there are no top players there.
Pick an event, literally every Top 8 looks the exact same (at least half the venue is empty).

It's not like people are going to magically fly to NEC just to spectate MK11 over every other game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I seriously doubt that if NRS made the best fighting game of all time, and did so in the most objective and perfect sense, that you would have the capacity to say nice things about it.

Your commitment to pissing on the NRS community is amusing in rare times, but I don't know that I really want to trust your particular POV and hot takes on the quality of an NRS title.
Most of these people arent the actual community. That’s not to say TYM is irrelevent. In fact, and I said it on release, most people who you see posting around nrs games pre release lately disappear within the first year. The real community, by that I mean everybody, was on tym in MK9- Inj 1 days. Sure, even MKX the site was pretty good. Most moved on and the leftovers here are of course nrs diehards, so you guys are sensitive. I get it, but you’re not whole community.

But there are people who likes to play and watch it. Why not let them do so then?
Go for it. Does my opinion in a thread about the game distress you so much that you can’t do those things

There's been empty chairs for nearly every game at that venue this weekend -- so is this blind haterism? :coffee:
I didnt check out any other game. How many of those games were lucky enough to have a pro tour and support of Warner bros tho?

Tech threads are dead because fighting game websites are dead. Have you seen the Shoryuken and Tekken Zaibatsu forums? The TYM forums get a lot more traffic in comparison. There appears to be a generational gap as the younger audience chooses to communicate on Discord, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter.

The game is doing well in tournaments, and on my friends list, which is irrelevant. If Mortal Kombat 11 were as dead as you claim, the game would not have 10,000+ viewers and the final time slot at NEC.

I have criticized every NRS fighting game that I have ever played, including Mortal Kombat 11. However, most of the criticism in this thread is so nonsensical that I am frequently forced to defend the game.

Mortal Kombat caters to a casual American audience, which explains why no Mortal Kombat game will arguably ever be like Street Fighter or Tekken in terms of international competitive appeal. I have accepted this fact and play Mortal Kombat for what it is and I am having fun. If you had the coherence and eloquence to express such thoughts instead of spamming "The game sucks" on these forums, I would be agreeing with you.
I’ve read and replied to the same NRS defense force on this site for years, when way more people were here. “Street Fighter is just more popular brand tham Mortal Kombat,” or “ Asians dont play MK”. What about MVC? What about all the game sales MK has over SF? The goalposts always shift. Nobody cared when I mentioned the same thing back then, but they’ll hear what I have to say now. The time for serious arguments has passed, NRS players are delusional. You guys cant stand yourselves, and thats why this site is dead. You want me to engage in discussion with people who are more interested in Sindel intro quotes than antiairs? Not interested. I know who’s worth engaging with by now about serious topics. And it’s not MagicShill69420, let me tell you Dave lul

Last edited:
so constructive criticism is considered hating now.

Good shit
That’s how it’s always been around here.

People were the same way about MKX and now it’s considered the worse game in the series somehow, some of them even shitting on mk9 lol.

It will be no different when 12 comes out.

The same people praising 11 right now will be calling it the drizzling shits lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I didnt check out any other game. How many of those games were lucky enough to have a pro tour and support of Warner bros tho?
No one is going to fly to NEC just to spectate the pro tour. It's going to be the same as every other game.

The biggest event at NEC this year had barely 100 players. Attendance was low across the board, so there weren't many people around to fill the 300-seat venue for finals day.

Last edited:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@CrimsonShadow theres no point in even replying to them, like i said their little ego's wont allow them to admit they suck at the game so the problem has to be the game. No matter how much you debunk them, they will use any low iq emotional statements to back out of responsibility.

Just let them lie nonstop about a game we all know is actually a1

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Not at all. But I was just wondering why you seem so distressed about people who likes this game, likes to watch it and wants it to succeed, since you seem to grab several opportunities to stomp down on those people.
I’m not distressed. You’re projecting or assuming tone through text. I dont care if Mk11 lives or dies, I’m just here to speak the truth.

No one is going to fly to NEC just to spectate the pro tour. It's going to be the same as every other game.

The biggest event at NEC this year had barely 100 players. Attendance was low across the board, so there weren't many people around to fill the 300-seat venue for finals day.
300 seat? Alright Crimson. In that case, I’ll settle for at least 20 people in the crowd.... Hm, I still dont think we cut it, sorry bro I have to rub it in in some more lul

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I dont care if Mk11 lives or dies, I’m just here to speak the truth.
This is self-contradictory. You say you don't care... yet you're here making an effort to actually try and drive some sort of point through, and you continue to make responses to people.

So yes, you do care. At least enough to argue with people about it. Because if you didn't care, you would leave and let be.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I’ve read and replied to the same NRS defense force on this site for years, when way more people were here. “Street Fighter is just more popular brand tham Mortal Kombat,” or “ Asians dont play MK”. What about MVC? What about all the game sales MK has over SF? The goalposts always shift. Nobody cared when I mentioned the same thing then, but they’ll hear what I have to say now. The time for serious arguments has passed. You want me to engage in discussion with people who are more interested in Sindel intro quotes than antiairs? Not interested. I know who’s worth engaging with by now about serious topics. And it’s not MagicShill69420, let me tell you Dave lul.
Again, NRS caters the game to a casual American audience whereas Capcom and Namco cater the game to the international competitive scene first and casual audience second. These marketing decisions have monetary and gameplay implications, which we can discuss and agree or disagree.

You are a very good player, but I have never seen you engage in any intellectual arguments on this forum. All you do is troll "SF rules" and "MK sucks". I have also never seen you post anything positive about any Mortal Kombat game at any time.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
This is self-contradictory. You say you don't care... yet you're here making an effort to actually try and drive some sort of point through, and you continue to make responses to people.

So yes, you do care. At least enough to argue with people about it. Because if you didn't care, you would leave and let be.
...I already said this game is hopeless. It is what it is. Im not here to fix this game. Im here to prevent it from ever happening again. So no, I dont care about MK11. Idk how to be any more clear.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
300 seat? Alright Crimson. In that case, I’ll settle for at least 20 people in the crowd.... Hm, I still dont think we cut it, sorry bro I have to rub it in in some more lul
You're just rubbing in some desperation since a hype tournament and Top 8 has you sweating :p

I know you can come with better than this Shazzy.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
So no, I dont care about MK11
I said MK. As in Mortal Kombat as a whole. Not MK11 specifically.

Im here to prevent it from ever happening again.
Then yes, I would like for you to start designing a fighting game you wish the next MK to become. Make a thread and put down words in a post what YOU think MK needs to become the good fighting game YOU want it to be! Come with constructive criticism, write down ideas that you think would work well with the MK brand, mention what parts of the franchise you liked and would like to see in the game, talk about the roster and what you would like to see for each individual character, what features and modes you'd like to see in the game...

Put all this stuff into words... instead of just spitting and shitting on the current games and those who play it and like it, with your "lul game is shit" comments which does absolutely nothing for anyone.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Again, NRS caters the game to a casual American audience whereas Capcom and Namco cater the game to the international competitive scene first and casual audience second. These marketing decisions have monetary and gameplay implications, which we can discuss and agree or disagree.

You are a very good player, but I have never seen you engage in any intellectual arguments on this forum. All you do is troll "SF rules" and "MK sucks". I have also never seen you post anything positive about any Mortal Kombat game at any time.
Ive never said anything good about SFV on this site, either. You wont catch me saying postive things on any other forum, discord or even Twitter. That’s not the point. Im not here as an MK community leader or begging for a podcast spot like Cherny/Paul B. Yikes btw. That’s your guys’ job. I just call it like I see it and you can take it or leave it. My goal is to see an NRS game release next year that I enjoy playing, that’s all