What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

AU_JUST_LOST

You just got Skadoodled
Not sure if this is a glitch, but it sure is annoying. Jaqui's machine gun move says mid but you can duck it if you don't block (thankfully), but if you block the first few shots and then let go of block before the move has ended (still ducking) to try and avoid chip or her building a bunch of meter, the move will actually hit you. Pretty sure it's not supposed to be that way and dealing with jaqui's zoning is already a pain.

ZATA

Noob
Seriously... That's all you had to fucking do?!? I deleted most of my game saves trying to fix this shit!

Now everything I unlocked is gone and I can't even use Goro or main characters like Kung Lao, Kano and Quan Chi and the only stage I can play on is Dead Woods... I'm calling Sony tomorrow and requesting a refund then buying an Xbox One. I'm done with this shit.
damn i do the same thing...... i was salty last night, now I laughing, stupid ps4

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Ok, as many others have, I too got the dreaded ce-34878-0 PS4 crash error message early this morning. Really fucking annoying. I immediately deleted and re-installed the game. Nothing doing. Eventually, I googled it and read that the only way to fix it for now is to disconnect your internet connection (by going to settings>network and clicking the check box for turning off your internet connection) and THEN trying to start the game. That works, but now I have to wait for all of my "game application data" to completely re-download.

My main question is, will I get all of my game progress back after everything downloads? When I deleted and -re-installed the game, did my profile lose all of my saved progress? I am currently at work, but for those who have tried reconnecting after starting up the game without your internet connection on, were you able to log back into your player profile?

This really sucks, lol.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
PLEASE READ BEFORE REINSTALLING MORTSL KOMBAT X ON PS4 IF YOU ARE GETTING CRASHES ANDERROR CODES ON LAUNCH OF THE GAME:

I am almost certain it has something to do with the update. When I deleted my digital version and installed my disc version it had to do the update again. I started up the game and it didn't crash. As soon as the update was done and installed it crashed. So, for everyone that is having the ps4 crash bug, here is what you can do to bypass it until they fix it.

1. Do not try reinstalling because it won't help
2. Goto settings>network>uncheck the box that says "connect to the internet"
3. Launch the game
4. When at the main menu go back to settings > network > check the box that says "connect to internet"
5. Go back to game

You will be able to play anything in the game even onlineand it will bypass the bug.

If you do decide to reinstall the game please make sure you do a backup of your saves so you don't lose progress. You can do such by going to system data management and upload saves to the cloud server. You shouldn't lose saves even if you don't do this, but to play it safe you should do this.

Im going keep am eye out and keep this updated as I get any info.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
PLEASE READ BEFORE REINSTALLING MORTSL KOMBAT X ON PS4 IF YOU ARE GETTING CRASHES ANDERROR CODES ON LAUNCH OF THE GAME:

I am almost certain it has something to do with the update. When I deleted my digital version and installed my disc version it had to do the update again. I started up the game and it didn't crash. As soon as the update was done and installed it crashed. So, for everyone that is having the ps4 crash bug, here is what you can do to bypass it until they fix it.

1. Do not try reinstalling because it won't help
2. Goto settings>network>uncheck the box that says "connect to the internet"
3. Launch the game
4. When at the main menu go back to settings > network > check the box that says "connect to internet"
5. Go back to game

You will be able to play anything in the game even onlineand it will bypass the bug.

If you do decide to reinstall the game please make sure you do a backup of your saves so you don't lose progress. You can do such by going to system data management and upload saves to the cloud server. You shouldn't lose saves even if you don't do this, but to play it safe you should do this.

Im going keep am eye out and keep this updated as I get any info.
Thank you, this bug fucking sucks

J1gabyte

Noob
-The alternate command for background interaction (Both punches together) is disabled when you turn off input shortcuts. LP+LK for throw and both kicks together for stance switch still work, so I assume this is a bug.
This, all day on PS4. It would be cool to be able to disable the alternate commands though, just not by disabling input shortcuts. I probably just needed to clean up my inputs, but i kept throwing Blanche instead of executing the 214 i was trying to do.

J1gabyte

Noob
Need to be able to disable 1+2 (square+triangle / X+Y) interactions with the background. I'm guessing I'm not the only one having my comboes dropped by accident because of this.
Apparently disabling 1+2 as an interactable command is a side effect of turning off Input Shortcuts. Seems like a bug to me though as the other alternate inputs still work for switch stance and throw. I was having the same problem with a 21 string until I accidentally figured that out.

DeadlyPurpose

My mask of sanity is about to slip.
Just wanted to throw out that I also am running into the (CE-34878-0) error on the PS4. Yes, I know about the workaround (which I discovered after deleting the game and all save data and then re-downloading everything. Good thing I've got fast internet or I would've thrown a fit!) and starting the game while offline works, but they still need to get this fixed.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Could be that one of the analogs sticks on the pcb has moved off center. In training mode, did you turn easy inputs off? It could be the slightest analog stick movement is being magnifed by the easy input operation which is default for MKX. Turn that off and see what happens. I will think about this some more.

Other thing I can think of is since it is a hitbox, it may be SOCD related. Do you have an SOCD cleaner installed on the xbox one pcb? Most SOCD cleaners by default have you go to neutral if you press left and right together. Try doing that and see if it stops moving left. If it does not, then it could be your SOCD cleaner is faulty and screwing things up.
Yup, analog stick on the PCB being out of place appears to be the problem. I had used glue to hold it in place but I guess it either got too hot and melted it and moved slightly or it just wasn't placed properly in the first place. I don't think easy inputs was the problem though. I think MK X just reads analog stick movements more sensitively than other Xbox Apps(or at least ones I use my hitbox for). On KI or in the dashboard you have to move the stick pretty deliberately to register anything, in MK X it notices even slight movements.
Thanks for the brainstorming help. I'm working a more permanent way to get the stick positioned in neutral but otherwise think I've got everything in working order now.

After a 41 win streak I got stucked in the KOTH screen ppl keep joining and leaving but none games are starting
the only way to leave KOTH seems like leaving MKX

Xera

Noob
I wish I'd come here first since I'm getting that digital PS4 error too. Now I'm just waiting for my game to redownload. I don't mind too much if I lost all my data (except for Faction Points - that would suck). Needs to be fixed though!!!

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Game crashes on PS4 when connected to the internet. Can't get to the main menu today even just crashes. Uninstalled game and reinstalled. Worked fine until the update was fimished. And then it started again. If I start the game up offline it doesn't happen and I can start the game and then ckmmect to the internet. If I start it up connected to the internet that is when it happens.

Happens with both disc and digital versions.
I know that feel bro. I'm dealing with it too. Bought blue steel SZ and then it did it. Constantly crashes at the copyright page. Deleted via reinitializing the ps4 (per support page direction) -_-, re-downloaded, reinstalled, same thing. Now the ps4 is also acting like it's not gonna give me back goro because he was preorder exclusive. If that's the case Sony owes me the 5er to buy him with. Reinstalled my licenses and everything. Even went to the desktop site to push the download from there. Never got a notification on the ps4, but it's not like I can get on and check anyway.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Yeah and I mean I could see if we had a problem right at launch but for it to start happening after two days makesme suspect of something on their end that they did. Because its only happening if you're connected to the internet amd start up the game. Makes me sick.

Xera

Noob
At least I have FF: Record Keeper to 'keep' (hah) my attention while I'm waiting for the damn thing to load again. :<

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Game crashes on PC when i try to change control layout, works if keyboard is unplugged only. Also crashes with two gamepads connected so no offline multiplayer either.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think someone mentioned this before; but it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up your Online Kombat History (longer than Injustice), upon which it might work, or might just error out with "An error occurred retrieving the profile. Some information may not be available at this time."

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The whole PC version is fucked up. Major performance issues - only people with GTX 970 are running the game without problems - fuck that.

Any body else noticing that you can only tech throws with 1+3 and not the actual throw macro? I notice that sonya can detonate bombs with 1+3 and get throw but she doesn't detonate when you use the macro to throw. This not teching is seriously killing me.

D

Deleted member 9158

I've noticed difficulties with the xbox one d-pad. particularly with BD quarter
On PC when you are in a room you cannot see the connections of other people.All of them show as gray bars.

this is a similar issue on console versions as well. Although I usually see a few connections, 75% of them are grey