What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

7L

Heads up!
It can't be worse than the mkx fight pad that they released. Buttons break from normal use, bumpers go bad instantly and it is impossible to jump diagonally. I tried using the ps4 pad and had no luck. I recently switched back to the ps3 sfxt pad which I have been using since mk9 and I found peace at heart for mkx. Best of luck with ps4 controllers and I hope you get your ps2 pad soon

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

jmt

Noob

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
i have to agree with this. Ive already worn out the rubber behind the dpad and i got my ps4 On the 1st of April waiting on mk to come out. I haven't even had the system a year and the pad already gave out?! No sir! I think it the rubber in the ps4 pads. Its too soft! I had to go buy another one so i could jump forwards again. I hope this inst a thing. These pads are not cheap.

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
It says that are not sure if it is going to be released in North America??? Makes no sense at all.

It looks really nice.
Yeah I'm not sure either but you can purchase it from mightyape.com it will take like 9 days to get to the U.S and amazon will have it soon

Reactions: jmt

Dahak

Noob
Why? Because it works with every game, not just MKX, but also GG Xrd, Injustice and the SFV beta. Plus, no dualshock 4 required
Cool im going to cancel my other adapter and order this one i hope i ps4 update in the future doesn't disable the adapter.

C-Sword

Noob
I am and alway have been disgusted with the freaking ps3 and ps4 pad for fighting games it irritating ... That's why I'm going to get my hands on the Ps4 Controller "The Gator Claw" you should look in to it @Pig Of The Hut and fellow Komabatants http://gameidealist.com/news/gator-claw-ps4-wired-controller-gets-new-details-and-images/
I never liked controllers with asymmetrical sticks for fighters. Plus, that d-pad looks terrible.

Might as well get the Hori FPS Pad Plus. At least, it has a proper looking dpad

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Why? Because it works with every game, not just MKX, but also GG Xrd, Injustice and the SFV beta. Plus, no dualshock 4 required
Damn straight;)

I have that shitty MK FIGHTING PAD for PS3 and PS4 and it´s the worst thing I have ever bought!!! But maybe u can help me... Is there a way I can connect it to my PC? At least it will be something...

Thanks in advance!
Burn it to the ground and make sure another soul does not have to use that PDP MKX pad;)

i have to agree with this. Ive already worn out the rubber behind the dpad and i got my ps4 On the 1st of April waiting on mk to come out. I haven't even had the system a year and the pad already gave out?! No sir! I think it the rubber in the ps4 pads. Its too soft! I had to go buy another one so i could jump forwards again. I hope this inst a thing. These pads are not cheap.
it is a thing, the dpad wears down quit quick.. i went through a ton of controllers, even tried fixing the damn R2 problem, and added metal parts machine made to spec, the entire back case that holds the Rails and Hinges are made out of the same cheap Chinese plastic that the pegs that hold the R2 to hinge are made out of, its a joke, and that 1 Small ass Spring, they should have made the hinge out of the PS3 material for R2 and maybe just maybe they wouldn't break. i do know that sony is working on fixing it, but who knows how long that would take...BTW i love PS4 and have used it since PS1. but i got XB1 because i wanted a stronger controller until they fix their DS4 design. i will Buy Another PS4 after they do fix them!

Cool im going to cancel my other adapter and order this one i hope i ps4 update in the future doesn't disable the adapter.
what you should be worrying about is: will they be Tournament Approved?
@C-Sword
are they?

most the ones i attend they dont allow hitboxes/fightsticks/ not even gonna allow the Elite XB1?

Reactions: STK

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
I never liked controllers with asymmetrical sticks for fighters. Plus, that d-pad looks terrible.

Might as well get the Hori FPS Pad Plus. At least, it has a proper looking dpad

I'm more use to the xbox lay out and this has a little bit of both 360 an xbone but I tried the hori I liked it

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Your the first person ive seen who has stated he prefers the ps4 pad to the hori 4.
Well then bask in it baybee.

I bought 2 of the things, one for me one as a gift for a friend, stock ps4 dpad is much better as far as i am concerned. Also the FC4 might break easy because my friend already broke his and now he is using mine.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
maybe you have baby hands or something but i use the ds4 exclusively for rocket league and tlou and sparingly at that, and i've experienced more problems in 5 months than i did in 3 years with my 360 pads
PS4 pad has the perfect design. The x-box pad is not so good for fighting games. The ones that like it are the ones that have been using X-box the whole time.

Tweedy

Noob
Quick question...

I've only played MKX, and fighting games in general(only other I've really played is KI), on the xbox one pad. I understand that major offline tournaments use playstation 4s, but is there any way that I can get some kind of adapter that lets me use an xbox one controller. Is that even allowed?

Super noob question, I know.

BigFool

Noob
Quick question...

I've only played MKX, and fighting games in general(only other I've really played is KI), on the xbox one pad. I understand that major offline tournaments use playstation 4s, but is there any way that I can get some kind of adapter that lets me use an xbox one controller. Is that even allowed?

Super noob question, I know.
http://cronusmax.com/

I think this is what you'd be looking for. I'm not too sure about legality in tournaments, but I think it should be fine.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hori sucks

Cheaply made
Feels like a cheap hollow brick
Triggers have nipples on them

Get a ps2 converter