What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

kageman

Noob
This was a problem for me when I switched to PS4 for Injustice. I ended up changing how I held my thumb on the d-pad from kinda laying it over the buttons to more on the tip of the thumb.

It helped me anyway but as soon as converters become available I'm still getting one just because PS2 d-pad is perfect in design.
The Cronus Max+ http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/ can be purchased here. It works quite well (I have tried this).

So I used a PS3 dualshock on PS3 MK9/Injustice, and a PS2 pad w/ Ektokki on X360.

I love both those pads to death, but so far the DS4 pad is better than both.

In IGAU I made the switch to inputting bf motions like strings, and I haven't looked back. Instead of sliding my thumb across the directions, I just tap back, forward really fast like a combo and then hit the attack button.

Doing this has put my bf accuracy at maybe 97% now on DS4, and I'd highly encourage any pad player who is struggling with bf motions to start doing it this way.
I'm very interested to know more details if you don't mind. You use the tip of your thumb to execute the buttons instead of the slide? Does this help with doing Fatalitys and advanced string combos without hurting your finger? I'm a newb so I don't know what IGAU is but this seems like a really nice trick to do :)

Can I goto a store today and buy one?
Yes you can buy one today (not the Hori stick) but the Cronus Max+ it works like a charm.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
The first month or so alot of the time I got jump when I was just inputting back forward.

I got used to it eventually, I don't remember the last time It's happened

Reactions: jmt

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Hori pad is a great pad. I learn how to play on both at this point. I recently switch back to the DS4 and I actually like the DS4 better now.

Reactions: jmt

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
PS4 pad has the perfect design. The x-box pad is not so good for fighting games. The ones that like it are the ones that have been using X-box the whole time.
that's all true except the ps4 pad is made of shitty plastic and once again I DONT USE A PS4 PAD FOR FIGHTING GAMES

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
that's all true except the ps4 pad is made of shitty plastic and once again I DONT USE A PS4 PAD FOR FIGHTING GAMES
If you prefer stick then fine. I use PS4 pad for MK9, Injustice and MKX ,because of the target combos and i have no problems with any cancels, combos or whatever. For Street Fighter stick is the better option. I tryed Hitbox, but it was hard to get use to.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
PS4 pad has the perfect design. The x-box pad is not so good for fighting games. The ones that like it are the ones that have been using X-box the whole time.
im a long life user of Sony Playstations and i actually prefer the XB1 controller over the DS4.
so i guess not only Fanboys of Xbone prefer XB1 controller, says this Playstation Fanboy.
and it works just fine for me on MKX, just gotta get used to the pressure you apply to D-Pad.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The Cronus Max+ http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/ can be purchased here. It works quite well (I have tried this).

I'm very interested to know more details if you don't mind. You use the tip of your thumb to execute the buttons instead of the slide? Does this help with doing Fatalitys and advanced string combos without hurting your finger? I'm a newb so I don't know what IGAU is but this seems like a really nice trick to do :)

Yes you can buy one today (not the Hori stick) but the Cronus Max+ it works like a charm.
They're banned

Also that post is dated

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I think the D-Pad hurts my hands a lot. It's extremely uncomfortable and I get a ton of accidental neutral jumps, and sometimes I just get weird jumps altogether when I want to jump forward, it registers as me jumping neutral and vice versa. I need to get a Hori stat.

Roko1985

im a long life user of Sony Playstations and i actually prefer the XB1 controller over the DS4.
so i guess not only Fanboys of Xbone prefer XB1 controller, says this Playstation Fanboy.
and it works just fine for me on MKX, just gotta get used to the pressure you apply to D-Pad.
Interesting. I tryed the X-box one pad and i didn't find it as comfortable as the Dual Shock 4. I like the buttons on the X-box one, because they are very responsive, but when it comes to feeling when you hold the pad , the PS4 feels more natural. You are right about the delay on the respons time for the directions.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Interesting. I tryed the X-box one pad and i didn't find it as comfortable as the Dual Shock 4. I like the buttons on the X-box one, because they are very responsive, but when it comes to feeling when you hold the pad , the PS4 feels more natural. You are right about the delay on the respons time for the directions.
it takes ome getting used to, i was able to get used to stcik and the Hori FC4 before i got used to PS4 to XB1 controller.
D-Pad on XB1 is stiff but after you learn to hit em harder more definitive button presses, you will start getting the combos down... also XB1 engine is slightly different on Combo timing /Gravity Float.

im used to XB1 now, and cant even land my combos on Sony any more... its that much of a difference no matter how slight

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This pad sucks ass, can't wait to get my converter. Couldn't even run cancel with Raiden when I played him at my local this week #inputerrorfest2015

Roko1985

it takes ome getting used to, i was able to get used to stcik and the Hori FC4 before i got used to PS4 to XB1 controller.
D-Pad on XB1 is stiff but after you learn to hit em harder more definitive button presses, you will start getting the combos down... also XB1 engine is slightly different on Combo timing /Gravity Float.

im used to XB1 now, and cant even land my combos on Sony any more... its that much of a difference no matter how slight
Interesting!

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I bought 2 of the things, one for me one as a gift for a friend, stock ps4 dpad is much better as far as i am concerned. Also the FC4 might break easy because my friend already broke his and now he is using mine.
Hot update, my FC4 I lent my friend has now also broke and died, and did it right in front of us for literally no discernible reason. So he has now went through 2 of them in about 6 months. So yeah don't get a FC4.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well...it's been a long journey my friends. Sadly this is where the story ends for PS4 pad and I. I got my converter through so I don't have to use the PS4 pad any more in tournament, I can rely on ol' XB1 pad to get me through. I bid ye farewell and the best of luck in your quest to find an answer to your PS4 pad problems. Adieu.