What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Justice

Noob
I was having the same problems on the godlike PS3 pad with MK9. Switched to Qanba stick then HitBox and haven't looked back since. I know you tried the HitBox and didn't like it @Pig Of The Hut but I swear by it. Especially for NRS games.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I prefer it over the Xbox One controller... I play XO all day I don't own a PS4... but tournies are all PS4 of course so I was like fuck this pad might fuck me.... naaah I was like SHIT THIS IS GOD LIKE, Loved it's much more than the XO pad, I thought the triggers would be a pain in the ass because for some fucking reason they hang off the controller but hell even that wasn't so bad.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
A little unrelated but quick question, I know ps3 sticks are now able to be played on the ps4.

I was wondering if it was the same case with previous pads similar to the mkx pad that came out. I always had a easier time with inputs through a fight pad rather than a controller.

I played on a street fighter pad on 360, if I had a ps3 pad will it work on a ps4?

Also was looking at the hori ps4 pad anyone buy one??

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
A little unrelated but quick question, I know ps3 sticks are now able to be played on the ps4.

I was wondering if it was the same case with previous pads similar to the mkx pad that came out. I always had a easier time with inputs through a fight pad rather than a controller.

I played on a street fighter pad on 360, if I had a ps3 pad will it work on a ps4?

Also was looking at the hori ps4 pad anyone buy one??
You can use a ps3 pad with the mayflash adapter.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
overall a brand new DS4 for me was hard as hell to use (mostly in tekken) reason being the diagonals. I have the occasion diagonal input drop on MKX too and for the first time in my life I'll say for a fighting game I have had zero problems on my X1 pad. Even in MKX I consistently do all my combos/movements on X1 without an issue but have a few drops in PS4 and I know it's not "me" (I play on both since my friend has it on X1 and I have it on PS4 and play tournaments as such) So yeah I don't think the pad is terrible but for me it has slight issues in the heat of battle where on X1 pad I don't have those problems.

For some reason even when it's broken in the DS4 feels kinda stiff if that makes sense.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Actually wait, did we need a whole thread because Pig doesn't like the PS4 pad?
Like why isn't this just a status update come to think of it...

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I too was having a load of issues with directional inputs with the DS4. So disappointing how this controller is so shit. When the controller was new, it was fine, but two months of MKX and the input error progressively got worse, and about two weeks ago my R2 trigger broke. So that led me to the Hori Fighting Commander 4.....and I will never, ever buy a different pad for fighting games on this Gen. The dpad is absolutely perfect in every way. To anyone struggling on the ps4, do yourself a favor and purchase a Hori FC4. The bulky size and the six button layout will take a bit of getting used to, but its worth getting used to.

I used the PS2 pad for fighters since the PS2 came out, and I can finally say that I will never need one again with the FC4. There simply is not a better pad for fighting games.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Sorry if it has been asked yet, but @Pig Of The Hut : have you tried the MKX fightpad? If so, is it worth it?
I know this is for pig, and excuse me for intruding, but the MKX pad is complete trash. Made cheap. Not the greatest dpad. It's a very poor mans version of the Hori Fighting Commander 4. Stay away from them if you are serious about your gaming pads!

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Glad I've got my Hori FC4, thing is a dream for MK X. I play Johnny Cage, Jax, Shinnok & Tanya and never had a single problem with inputs. The bigger buttons just feel better than any pad I've ever used, seriously if you have the money for one get it. You'll never want another pad again.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I know this is for pig, and excuse me for intruding, but the MKX pad is complete trash. Made cheap. Not the greatest dpad. It's a very poor mans version of the Hori Fighting Commander 4. Stay away from them if you are serious about your gaming pads!
Thanks a ton, man; I was thinking about buying one, but I wouldn't want to waste my money.