What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
The Ps4 Pad is great, but the XB1 pad is even better...i have no problem with both, but i don't have big hands so.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Was so not looking forward to using an xbone pad for a FG, but after getting used to the awkward position of the dpad, it's actually really good. Now going to the PS4 pad, and it feels... Mushy, lol.

I returned my PDP pad.

For those who dont want to wait for Amazon or importing, the Hori Fighting Commander 4 is in stock at Fry's Electronics. Just picked one up locally, but they ship also.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I don't have an issue with it honestly. Sometimes yeah the inputs screw up but I think that's me or the lag online. I seem to do okay. I also have a 3 month old ps4 though heh.

virtiqaL

Noob
I'm somewhat onboard with those who are suspecting this to be a game flaw rather than a matter of pad.

I recently switched to Hori FC4 pad (which I love so far), and I notice that I still have similar problems as I did with the ds4, although maybe not quite as often.

I notice one issue I have quite often, is getting a neutral jump when attempted to jump-forward, this is most frequent when jumping up-right rather than up-left.

I'm almost starting to believe that this is MKX's equalivent to the MK9 input bug.

Matix218

Get over here!
I'm somewhat onboard with those who are suspecting this to be a game flaw rather than a matter of pad.

I recently switched to Hori FC4 pad (which I love so far), and I notice that I still have similar problems as I did with the ds4, although maybe not quite as often.

I notice one issue I have quite often, is getting a neutral jump when attempted to jump-forward, this is most frequent when jumping up-right rather than up-left.

I'm almost starting to believe that this is MKX's equalivent to the MK9 input bug.
Its not an input bug, it is just the game reads directional inputs more strictly than other games (like mk9). I tested this on my brothers fight stick. It has an 8 gate and you can literally jam the stick into the upper corner gate but if you start the motion slightly on the more vertical side you will get neutral jump every time, even if you go directly into the diagonal gate.

virtiqaL

Noob
Its not an input bug, it is just the game reads directional inputs more strictly than other games (like mk9). I tested this on my brothers fight stick. It has an 8 gate and you can literally jam the stick into the upper corner gate but if you start the motion slightly on the more vertical side you will get neutral jump every time, even if you go directly into the diagonal gate.
I wasn't implying it as a literal bug, per se. But you're basically agreeing with the notion that it IS the game, and it just feels funky, as if it wasn't intended to be that way, and in that case, I would call that a bug.

Otherwise, I guess I'll just get used to it.

Matix218

Get over here!
Learn how 45 degree angles work.
Nice response, very intelligent.

Its not my first fighting game.

If you are literally 1-2 degrees to the vertical side it will register as a neutral jump. It was not like that in mk9 or injustice (both nrs games) and it is not that strict in any other fighting game ive played.

Matix218

Get over here!
I wasn't implying it as a literal bug, per se. But you're basically agreeing with the notion that it IS the game, and it just feels funky, as if it wasn't intended to be that way, and in that case, I would call that a bug.

Otherwise, I guess I'll just get used to it.
It is more strict than any other fighting game ive played when it comes to this. Like I posted above it seems that if you are literally 1 or 2 degrees more to the vertical side of your upward 45 degree jump position it will come out as a neutral

It does not ruin the game or anything, now that I'm used to it I just make sure my input is always more to the left or right and it works every time.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Nice response, very intelligent.

Its not my first fighting game.

If you are literally 1-2 degrees to the vertical side it will register as a neutral jump. It was not like that in mk9 or injustice (both nrs games) and it is not that strict in any other fighting game ive played.
Yeah because I never played hours and hours of Injustice or MK9. Step your game up or stop bitching.

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeah because I never played hours and hours of Injustice or MK9. Step your game up or stop bitching.
Im not bitching dude

I literally said in the post above that it does not ruin the game at all and you just need to compensate more to the left or right and it works everytime. It is just odd that the neutral seems to take such priority.

I dont know why you think it is cool to have such a bad attitude in your posts

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I had to wear my d-pad in on my ps4 controller. It was ultra stiff on pad. It took about 2 weeks since I played injustice on xbox 360 more than ps4. The controller's pad is still pretty bad. I drop back forward special moves all the time on mkx and I'm a shazam main.Here I was thinking B2 Herculean might was a bitch on reaction lol. Now its just back forward leading to weird jump backs. On a side note, anyone else do wake-up throws when they get interrupted pushing buttons by a quick standing knockdown?

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
So I used a PS3 dualshock on PS3 MK9/Injustice, and a PS2 pad w/ Ektokki on X360.

I love both those pads to death, but so far the DS4 pad is better than both.

In IGAU I made the switch to inputting bf motions like strings, and I haven't looked back. Instead of sliding my thumb across the directions, I just tap back, forward really fast like a combo and then hit the attack button.

Doing this has put my bf accuracy at maybe 97% now on DS4, and I'd highly encourage any pad player who is struggling with bf motions to start doing it this way.
I do the exact same thing. When I first started playing Erron Black I had some trouble inputting the command throw/tackle that he usually ends combos with just because of how many directional inputs his combos require. Then I just started tapping out the tackle and it worked just fine.

I returned my PDP pad.

For those who dont want to wait for Amazon or importing, the Hori Fighting Commander 4 is in stock at Fry's Electronics. Just picked one up locally, but they ship also.
Just an update on the Hori FC4, I don't really like it. The ergonomics and D-pad are inferior to both the DS4 and PDP pad imo, feels weird in hands. Buttons to me seem to be shaped awkwardly (concave) rather than convex like other pads, so you have to lift thumb quite a bit. The decision to put R1/R2 on the right is a mistake because you can't properly assign 1,2,3,4 to the right cluster and maintain the front defaults. Giant R2 button on front is great for blocking, but you don't have a good resting spot for your finger on left side, hit the L2 accidentally often.

Could attempt to get used to it, but to me, not a good alternative to the PDP pad.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ive never had problems with the PS4 pad. I hated the Xbone pad for a while too and still do when playing most characters, but venomous dvorah doesnt require heavy execution so I can get by with it.

As someone already mentioned, the game is strict with back forward commands. Just input them like a string(press back and then forward, dont roll from back to forward).

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I'm in the same boat. I've never had a problem with a Sony d-pad until this iteration. I used d-pad for MK9 and Soul Calibur games through the generations. I wanted to play MKX on pad too, because block button, but it just wouldn't work. Command grab motion is next to impossible on that d-pad. And I sure wasn't gonna buy a new controller so I just learned to play MKX with stick instead. Probably for the best though.

But in the voice of Comic Book Guy: worst d-pad ever.

jmt

Noob
Ok, finally tried both pads and the ps4 pad is so much better than the xbone pad. Xbone pad almost unusable.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I honestly don't think it's the pad guys. I believe it's the game. I hope the next patch fixes the input read issue. I rarely have issues and I think it comes down to just adjusting. I think the PS4 pad is great. Waayyy beter than the PDP fightpad.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think this is just a matter how different people use the pad. People like Pig probably need a full cross instead of the 4 sections on the DS4. I press each individually instead of sliding and haven't had a problem since i got used to MKx. Sucks that some people got to hope someone makes a pad that works. Or at least implements the drivers correctly so that some converter somewhere can work right.

Error404

Noob
I can do shadow kick run cancels mid combo on this pad a without a problem. The only problem i had was that i got njp instead of fjp a couple of times when i first picked it up. But even that was gone after 1 hour of playing.